State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, the $800 was deposited before the killing.

Think it was money roommates had given him for rent... heard one of them say they had given him money but it was not found in the house and mortgage payment not made one night on HLN.

Studies show that for consistent drug users their maturing stops at or near the age they began using drugs. While I don't know if JA was a consistent drug user, there are signs like the growing pot on the roof and evidence of cocaine use in the Bobby and JA photos...
Not saying that is a cause of her immaturity, just a possibility...

Do you, or anyone else have the pics of her and Bobby, specifically the ones I bolded in your above post? TIA. I had never seen them.

I thought that JA testified or told Det Flores that she had been to mesa in april and that was the last visit there according to her. So If that part was true ...how could she record sex tape in May?

I know that mixed in with her lies may be some truth.

First, there is no "tape".

Yes, I know that JM and even computer forensic detectives keep referring to this file as a "tape", but it is no such thing. The recording is digital data stored in an audio file format.

When we look at our cell phones, we don't see a tape. There is no tape in there. Data are stored in directory/file structures written to the phone's on-board internal ROM (read-only memory) or removable memory; e.g., Helios used a data storage device called a MicroSD card. Many digital cameras also use that same storage medium.

Second, the recording was made of phone sex. She does not have to be physically present with him to engage in and record phone sex. In fact, if she were present with him in Mesa, they probably would have had other-than-phone sex. You know, the kind with Pop Rocks and Tootsie Pops.

Or maybe I don't understand your point. :dunno:

I know...used to live there....worked for Jodi's dad and uncle..they owned "bumbleberries" in the Northridge mall.....I worked there in '82.

You did , wow, what was the dad like?

Having to drive thru densely populated urban sprawl to get to Santa Cruz, Capitola, Monterey, Pacific Grove, & finally Carmel ... Salinas is small to me.

Re: the $800 - Paul Somebody - the guy she knew from the Internet cafe said that he loaned it to her. He said she told him that TA was "seeing" other people and that she was frantic to get to Mesa. Does anyone else remember this or am I in a fog?

Paul said he loaned her $400 and she paid him back. Now…she could have paid Paul back with some of Travis' roomies rent.:twocents:

I know...used to live there....worked for Jodi's dad and uncle..they owned "bumbleberries" in the Northridge mall.....I worked there in '82.

So, in '82, JA's family lived in Salinas? I wonder how old she was when they moved?

:doh:

I can't believe I never figured that out! It also works just fine on the iPad, too---hold finger on the quote button until the pop-up lists shows and choose to open in new tab.

:tyou:

Holy crap...thank you...this is a life saver :lol:

BBM~ Travis never touched his phone after 12:13 pm because he woke up, went downstairs for a bit then went back upstairs to have sex with Jodi! His cell phone was in the office downstairs as per the crime scene photos.

Thank Nhic, I have been asking about this for weeks, JA tells Det. Flores and testifies that they slept after she got there and awoke about 1:00 p.m., had sex, took pics, showered. Travis texted with Chris Hughes at 12:13 - lie exposed that they slept until 1:00, Travis never touched his phone after 12:13 even though lots of calls and messages were coming in.

I believe he was unable to use the phone after his noon-time text.

Does anyone know if EXIF data is found with thumbnail pictures? I believe Melendez said the nudie pics were all thumbnails and both Flores and the lady detective asked JA if she had taken all of the photos on the 4th, so obviously they were unsure of some of them.

So, in '82, JA's family lived in Salinas? I wonder how old she was when they moved?

Her dad was ok...the facial tics came back like a flash from the past..I have a vague memory of him showing up at me apartment for a motorcycle ride that I turned down, knowing that he was married......partied with the brother more..

According to testimony the family left salinas in '95.... Jodi would have been 15

When I reply on a computer, I right click and open it by making a new tab I open response in a new tab. that way when I am finished with the response I merely close the tab and go back to the page I was reading. Hope that helps. If anyone knows how to do it on phones and iPad let us all know!
Also with tap a talk, when you come back later and login after your close Websleuths down it does not get you to your first unread. It goes anywhere and no where but not where you were if you know what I mean.

unlike on the computer where you can click on the *last read* button and it will send you straight to where you left off.:)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

That seems like a lot of work, or maybe I am misunderstanding. When I quote someone and want to be in the spot I started - I merely quote the post. Then when it posts, to go back where you started just click on the little blue arrow next to the quoted persons name.

For example, when this post shows up it will show the quoted portion in blue by atthelake. Next to your name is a little blue arrow. I click on that and it takes me right back to your original post that I quoted. You should be able to do the same on Ipad or phone.

Hope that makes sense.

On My Ipad I don't use any app to watch live feeds, or to post. I just use it the same as my computer.

Yup, and she ditches the front CA plate because she apparently was already struggling to get the back one on.

Skaters? Sure, do you live in the twilight zone Jodi?

Why would skaters take off a front plate, throw it in front of a curb at Starbucks, take the back off, put it back upside down? I've struggled taken plates on and off! :rocker:

I like you BMW AZ plate theory. It fixes all of the driving through AZ with/without identifiable CA plates. She had access to the BMW plates, and she would only need to use one of them--AZ does not require the front plate. So, she takes both CA plates off at any time on her journey between Pasadena and Mesa and replaces the back with the AZ BMW plate. She leaves Travis's after killing him and doesn't recognize (in the pitch black desert) that she replaced the plate upside down.

Good post! I like it. I'm all in on your theory!

I would like to adds that thy did have a funny sense f humor S the pies we sold were labeled.....and there was the ever empty rack for the dingleberry pies...lmao

Her dad was ok...the facial tics came back like a flash from the past..I have a vague memory of him showing up at me apartment for a motorcycle ride that I turned down, knowing that he was married......partied with the brother more..

According to testimony the family left salinas in '95.... Jodi would have been 15
Wow, a motorcycle ride, bet the wife would have appreciated that.

He looks like he has had a rough life.

There's been some discussion as to why no one who participated in the June 4 conference call seemed to wonder why Travis missed it, or followed up to find out. After seeing Gus Searcy's calendar with that very call scheduled, does it require a huge leap to speculate that he could have told them that Travis wasn't going to be able to be there?.

I have been so bothered by that, because of her stalking that many of his friends knew about (and was mentioned when he was finally discovered), you'd think any inexplicible behavior on his part would be noticed and checked into, not waiting until the night before another planned event (trip to Cancun) before anyone goes to his house.

It's my understanding that Gus gave Jodi a helio phone because she "lost" her original phone.

She used to record the "sex tape" - early May in 2008

She "lost" it.

Gus replaces it for her a 2nd time. - don't know the timeline, sorry.

Fast forward .....................................>>>>> Travis' killing.

While Jodi was in jail, she needed "proof" of Travis' sexual deviancy, abuse blah blah.

Magically the first helio phone is found in Jan 2010 and oh... what is on it? The "sex tape" for the whole world to hear.

***Anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong as that's how I understand it***

Gus Searcy gave her a phone to replace her "stolen" helio phone. That was his testimony on the stand.

But Jodi's phone was NEVER STOLEN--evidenced by the fact that she had it on the way to murder Travis & took photos of herself.

I don't believe she was carrying 2 phones with her, so Gus is lying or Jodi is or both.

I thought Gus testified to this?
It had insurance on it...
Jodi paid him back "somehow"???

Geez the testimony is ALL just melding together!

I think her 1st cell phone was a Motorola "RAZR"

ARIAS: Yes. In the, when I got, I got my Helios phone the day I moved to Arizona. The phone that I had was a Motorola Razor, and I put it in the drink cup holder in the truck, I went to sleep in the truck. And when I woke up, I realized that send in the bottom of the drink holder with whole bunch of hot chocolate that spilled the day before. And it basically soaked in hot chocolate all night. So, my phone didn`t work anymore. "

"I met up with Gus Steve (ph) in southern California. He had a free phone deal. And he let me have the Helios. I agreed to pay him for it. But, I don`t remember how that worked out. And so, as I had this phone, figuring out the features, and then I realized we can record on it and I told Travis"

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/18/ng.01.html

Most of the sex tape is on here as well...an interesting read
not having to listen to her! IMO

Gus talks about the cell phone on this tape. It's just under half way through the tape. Go to Day 10, 1st part, half way in.

https://www.facebook.com/LiveTrialCoverage/app_195611817141370

Originally Posted by FrayedKnot
I agree. Flores is too calm and thorough to have made a
rookie mistake like recording on OFFICIAL reports that
the ME told him something he did not.
I also stated on the day the ME testified that he seemed
a little disdainful of Flores, or at least dismissive. I know
he is Dr. McDreamy Lowe to many, but I didn't like the
way he acted like he didn't even know who this "Flores"
was nor why he ever should have spoken to him. It
rubbed me the wrong way, I guess. I heart Flores.
And honestly, the ME's first visit to the stand left some
wiggle room regarding his opinion about the GSW being
first. He was more convincing the second time up.
Still, I think Flores had it right the first time and the fact
that the "opinion" shifted makes me wonder why, since it
really doesn't matter.
This quite honestly is the one issue for which I have been consistently bothered by since very early on in the trial.. I personally was left with waaaaaaaaay too much wiggle room with regard to the ME's initial testimony..

Ya see I am one who truly has no doubt in my mind that the stabbing, throat slashing, and the gunshot wound is the order in which Jodi slaughtered Travis.. Of this I truly have no doubt in my mind.. I honestly believe that I have a good idea on exactly why and you bet it has everything to do with Jodi's need to make his death excrutiating and hands on.. I get frustrated hearing the talking heads saying that there's just no way Jodi premeditated this murder due to her PLANNING ON HAVING TO DRAG THIS BODY ALL THE WAY INTO THE SHOWER STALL..

THIS IS IRRITATING TO ME due to IMO it it appears evident that OF COURSE JODI ARIAS DID NOT PREMEDITATE THE WAY IN WHICH TRAVIS WOULD FIGHT FIERCELY FOR HIS LIFE..IMO Jodi's plan entailed the entire murder to occur contained within the shower stall..easy clean up.. She never dreamed she would find herself at the end of that tiled hallway onto the carpet slashing his neck and then forced to have to pull him back into the stall to even half *advertiser censored* try to clean up the tremendous, unexpected mess of a crime scene that had occurred...

There absolutely were issues that arose for which she had not planned...mainly that being the fight Travis put up for his life..

Back to the ME testimony, I personally have been very bothered by the testimony he initially gave and IMO I kept it forefront in my mind as the trial continued and found that due to his testimony it left huge, huge, huge gaping, wide areas filled with what would amount to reasonable doubt for many people.. IMO his initial testimo :ny could quite honestly be irreparable damage that possibly may not have been able to be rehabilitated with his testimony last week..

I cannot gauge accurately or assign correct weight due to the fact that I personally am so very strongly convinced the gunshot came last..but there are many who believe that gunshot very well could have come first and this as we know is what Jodi now claims which IMO left open way too much reasonable doubt for some people who otherwise would not have had any reasonable doubt if the ME had initially testified in the exact same manner that he did last week.. where he left literally no possibility for Jodi's scenario to have happened the way in which shes claimed..

Just very worrisome for me due to I know how some people are and that just may have allowed for them to have carried the weight of his initial testimony to the point of it allowing plausibility to be present wrt Jodi's claim of events of the murder sequence..

Originally Posted by Nhic
I think she's worrying about getting the death penalty.
If she gets LWOP, I don't think she cares because she
knows she will be in an environment where she belongs
for the first time in her life, she will get regular
sustenance, medical care, can take classes, work in the
prison laundry LOL, make friends, maybe be a gang
leader LOL, basically feel part of something. I don't think
she's ever felt like she fits in anywhere, but prison she
will definitely fit in and she will adapt and thrive. Just
MO.
I could not agree more.. I am so very troubled by this to the point that I honestly within my heart of hearts do not see justice as having been served if she is to receive LWOP..IMO THE ONLY WAY JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED IS FOR HER TO BE SENTENCED TO DEATH..

I FEEL VERY STRONGLY about the fact that she will without doubt thrive as well as literally enjoy her life sentenced to live behind bars.. She will be content and even go on to have an enjoyable life..IMO I feel very strongly about this and feel that honestly it is only thru the death penalty that will serve justice on behalf of her crimes against Travis..

I do believe there is actually a good chance that she could be sentenced to death, but I by no means am confident that it is death that she will receive..

I pray those left on the jury have not gotten lost in the bs.. I pray that tho, they are not seeing all that we are I do however believe that have seen enough to comfortably conclude this was premeditated and also that this person deserves NOTHING LESS THAN THAT OF THE PENALTY OF DEATH..

IMO ANYTHING LESS IS AN INJUSTICE!!

I'm so confused!

The sex tape was recorded on May 10, 2008.

I thought that JA testified or told Det Flores that she had been to mesa in april and that was the last visit there according to her. So If that part was true ...how could she record sex tape in May?

I know that mixed in with her lies may be some truth.

I don't want to pizz anyone off,but Jodi can draw anything and sell it,as long as its not of Travis or his family.She can draw Grace Kelly ,ETC ETC.and make money.There has to be someone on the outside she trust to give the money to her...That is what I have learned in the yrs looking at death row inmates..

I think he was lined up to testify for the DT, but somewhere along the line MM was the one that forged the pedo letters. Hence the magazine from Jodi saying you f*cked up.

Juan said put MM on the stand and I will take him down for forgery or something along those lines. MM then just disappeared after that.

But, my gut tells me he may be involved in the Dr. DeMarte break-in (laptop stolen). He seems like a snake in the grass. He forged letters for Jodi? She might have something on him too now, who knows.

She probably has a notebook, or huge file, filled with blackmail information on her exes, probably friends too, but, from what I have seen Jodi does not have many female friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966