State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, if this is the Helio Ocean; here are the specs.

The Helio Ocean is a CDMA-type device. As only GSM phones use Suscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards, the Ocean does not have the capability of using them. CDMA devices are manually programmed by mobile carriers to operate on their network.

And the razr was CDMA also- no SIM= no transfer of data, correct?

And, yes, it is an audio file, probably a .wav file. :floorlaugh:

You're an information technology type.

You'd agree with me that we should more accurately refer to it as "an audio recording", or "a recorded audio file", or "an audio file", or even more simply as "a recording."

In this case a phone sex recording. :blushing:

This is the 21st Century.

Who records on tape?
victrola1.gif

ɾopı,s sǝɔɹǝʇ ɯɐƃɐzıuǝ ɔopǝ

You're halfway there.

Now reverse each letter and read it left to right.

Hint: It's for MM.

Jodi's secret magazine code..:floorlaugh:

Yup. I also believe Jodi did tricks. Especially when she moved back to California from Mesa. Even Melendez said she lied about the restaurant she worked at because it did not exist!

ive said it before and ill say it again. imo, i think she did tricks for money. ive waited tables at very upscale restaurants compared to where she worked. no way she could afford all those trips, root upkeep for that bleached out hair, her affinity for sbux and nails. no way.

Let's play Guess the reason a new trial will be granted!!!

1. Jury not sequestered in a high profile case
2. "Expert" lied about credentials
3. Ineffective counsel
4. Judge repeatedly letting irrelevant testimony/evidence in
5. Lead Investigator testified using erroneous hearsay in order to meet death penalty requirement

All of the above; she will make one of them work in her favor.

omg! I just had an epiphany...the money JA deposited on the trip was from the stolen items from her grandparents house. She probably pawned them somewhere along the way to Monterey...has someone thought of this yet?

I believe she deposited 3 cheques into 2 bank accounts. She claimed one account was her "business" account. IDK what amounts each of the cheques were but I believe one them was $200- enough to cover the cheque that Travis never cashed.

They should also add theft to her M1 charge.

I don't know if these were checks or cash, but those in the receipts thread say it's cash, and it was $800 worth, half in one account and half in another.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8854509&postcount=15

I also recall Jodi on the stand denying she had that much cash--Foggy denial, of course.

3. Ineffective counsel
5. Lead Investigator testified using erroneous hearsay in order to meet death penalty requirement

None of the above -_-

This verdict will stick because the judge has done all the right things.

ITA with all you state here.

I'm gonna get roasted here, but the ME left me worried and a bit disturbed. He was dismissive, arrogant, and quite honestly, left a lot to be desired in his answers.

I think JW was way over her skis on cross though, which left her lacking on her questions, but the jury may have picked up on his less than desirable/detailed testimony

Well, I won't roast you, but I do disagree about the Medical Examiner. Considering what he had to work with after five days of decomposition, I thought he did very well in answering questions.

As for Ms. Wilmott, she had no clue on how to question him. Several times she tried to turn his words into what she wanted the answer to be. One example is where she said the brain was "liquified", he cleared that up by saying "consistency of pudding."

Actually, I am surprised he was able to garner as much information as he did. Notice that they called no one in to dispute his findings, which is almost unheard of. Hmmm, wonder if it was because they couldn't pay a "reputable" Medical Examiner to lie? Kinda' odd right?

Again, not roasting... just posting. :twocents:

BBM .. yeah Ok like A) who sleeps in the trunk .. B) she didn't pay for the phone C) More Travis was abusive accusations ..

Oh and suuuuuuuuuuuuuure her and Travis played around with recording, it sounds to me like she wanted a recording phone for Arizona for her own reasons and once she found one she stuck to it .. IMO she planned to set up Travis by recording him by the time she moved down there.

Sleeps in the TRUNK? Did I miss this??

ɾopı,s sǝɔɹǝʇ ɯɐƃɐzıuǝ ɔopǝ

You're halfway there.

Now reverse each letter and read it left to right.

Hint: It's for MM.

I FINALLY got that - even though I have seen you explain it to others. I'm finally on an actual laptop and not the iphone.

3. Ineffective counsel

I will go with 5 and then 1. 2 - relates to the DT's own witless (no, that's not a typo), 3 - other than Nurmi being caught in a few cat naps, I don't think that will work, and 4 - all of the irrelevant testimony and evidence allowed by the judge to be brought in was done at the request of the DT.

Watching HLN and this Nancy Grace coverage..

Just showed ALV saying.. "If Jodi was a really good liar, shed come up with a better lie"

First time I heard that I said "Please tell me she just didn't say that".. watching again I say... "I can't believe she actually said that"..it sounded like something that came out of Jodi's mouth and ALV quoted her

Yeah, Mr. Midnight, ALV's comment on lies and Jodi's ability to lie got me scratching my head. Had I been a juror I would have submitted the question to AlV, "Give us an example of a better lie Jodi could have told." Darn if I would let that comment stand out there alone. She needed to be called to task on that explaination of Jodi's lying.

Yes, if this is the Helio Ocean; here are the specs.

The Helio Ocean is a CDMA-type device. As only GSM phones use Suscriber Identity Module (SIM) cards, the Ocean does not have the capability of using them. CDMA devices are manually programmed by mobile carriers to operate on their network.

And the razr was CDMA also- no SIM= no transfer of data, correct?

And, yes, it is an audio file, probably a .wav file. :floorlaugh:
I had a motorola RAZR and it had a SIM card...
I am cluless about this data transfer but I know when I got my new
phone all I had to do was transfer the SIM card and everything was there.
(contacts and calender... NOTHING ELSE!)

My RAZR did not have an SD card...

A RAZR is GSM not CDMA

remove-battery-sim.gif

omg! I just had an epiphany...the money JA deposited on the trip was from the stolen items from her grandparents house. She probably pawned them somewhere along the way to Monterey...has someone thought of this yet?

There wasn't enough stolen items to deposit that kind of money, unless a DVD player sells for high dollar in CA. She probably bummed the money, sold herself, etc.

I had a motorola and it had a SIM card...
I am clulees about this data transfer but I know when I got my new phone all I had to do as transfer the SIM card and everything was there.

My RAZR did not have an SD...

remove-battery-sim.gif

I think around that time frame, I had some cingular phone and it had a sim card. I couldn't get the videos etc out of it and into another device, but I could transfer the SIM card, which had it on there. I guess I could have emailed it if I had a more expensive account. I don't know. I had the cheapest one.

Gus also pleaded the fifth. He was booted off the stand after he wrote down the name of the person who was in the car with him.

Yes he did say that and I believe elsewhere people discussed it and decided that he had his weeks messed up. I think they said he was in cancun when she called, but he wasn't in cancun till the following week when the body was found, correct?

This never came up in trial, either. Wonder why.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Have read along, but needed a break.

Here is my 2 or more cents on the Helio phones. Feel free to add to it, or tell me why I am wrong. :floorlaugh:

-At some point before 1st Helio phone is lost (don't have exact date) JA takes pics of her "dumb" and "stupid" sister with 1st Helio phone? Remember this is the first thing Juan brought up on direct, and picture was shown in court.

-May 10 - Sex Tape was recorded on 1st Helio phone.

-May 15 - Photo of JA and her dog with light brown hair and blond highlights on 1st Helio phone.

-May 18 - 1st Helio phone was "lost".

-May 22 - 2nd Helio phone arrives courtesy of insurance claim. Insurance companies are independent from carriers, you pay THEM the deductible using a credit card. Don't know if JA paid it or Gus. Doesn't matter. You can do two claims in one year.

-June 3 - JA takes dark haired photos with her 2nd Helio phone on her way to murder TA.

-January 1, 2010 - FIRST Helio phone is magically located, with sex tape on it.

It is my opinion, JA took the photo card out of the FIRST Helio and used it in her 2nd Helio. The SIM cards from these two phones would be interchangeable. The sex tape recorded conversation would not be on the SIM card, it would only be saved to the device, the 1st Helio phone. Taping/recording a conversation is not the same as taking video. They can't be saved to the SIM Card. JMO and experience.

I think, this is why the pictures from the 1st Helio phone are important to this case, they were on the 2nd Helio phone. Her original Helio phone was never lost. She tried to use it as blackmail, when that failed, she killed Travis and then, she hid it with the sex tape on it.

Then, when she came up with this hair-brained DV abuse, make Travis look like a pedophile, self-defense claim, she made sure the 1st Helio phone was found.

I don't think it's as critical as we are making it out to be - please, no tomatoes. If it was crucial, Juan would have been very specific on rebuttal. Maybe I am wrong, and it will become very important in his closing. :waiting:

Thoughts? :idea:

JMO :drumroll:

O/T. MSNBC "Locked Up" 11pm CT- right now is featuring "Maricopa County Jail".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee