State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, I hope it gets clarified, but what I got from it is, that is the helio she said she lost, and since the picture was taken on June 3rd, it proves it was not lost, it also proves she had the taped conversation for blackmail:

May 10th: taped sex conversation
May 15th: Picture taken with that phone of her and her dog
May 17th-18th: She claims she lost the phone - really wanted that known
June 3rd: Pictures of her with dyed hair

The camera guy did not say just the new pictures were from that helio he said ALL of the pictures JM was showing were from that helio, including the one of her and the dog, and the one of her and her sister. All was on same phone that she told the jury was lost.

i thought she taped the phone sex on her motorola razor

Well, I won't roast you, but I do disagree about the Medical Examiner. Considering what he had to work with after five days of decomposition, I thought he did very well in answering questions.

As for Ms. Wilmott, she had no clue on how to question him. Several times she tried to turn his words into what she wanted the answer to be. One example is where she said the brain was "liquified", he cleared that up by saying "consistency of pudding."

Actually, I am surprised he was able to garner as much information as he did. Notice that they called no one in to dispute his findings, which is almost unheard of. Hmmm, wonder if it was because they couldn't pay a "reputable" Medical Examiner to lie? Kinda' odd right?

Again, not roasting... just posting. :twocents:
bbm
I agree, and DT also didn't bring in their own photography expert to dispute the photo timestamps.

Did he testify other than the hearing I watched (I believe he was up right after Chris Hughes).

This is the one that he refused to write down the name of the person in the car with him - and what ever came of that? I would have slapped his tail in the slammer.

He did name her. He was headed to court with her at the time.
Jean Cesares interviewed him and someonefound it in the court documents.

I will see if I can find it.

Can anyone help with this?

Dr JD
testified to her Dx of Jodi w. Borderline personality disorder; she went thru the list of 6 symptoms, but said Jodi was not impulsive.

Quite puzzling, as I thought Jodi is/was very impulsive in some of her behaviors:

Job-hopping
(Dr JD said Jodi mentioned at least 10 restaurant jobs, plus spa receptionist; child-caregiver (babysitter?); and (third, I’m blanking here). Oh, plus sales rep for PPL, which I don’t think the Dr included. Not sure of the time period addressed, but seems like longest it could have would have been ~10 years (say, Jodi’s dob 1980, start work at age 18, to Travis’ death in 2008 = 10 yrs). That’s less than one year on the job an average, except Ventana Spa was ~3 years(?), even if we factor in overlapping part-time jobs.

There were several/numerous instances of Jodi at work, receiving boyfriend-cheating or similar news, just leaving in the middle of her shift, or not reporting to work, to go confront boyfriend or ‘the other woman.’

Moving from one city to another (sometimes following boyfriends) without a job or housing secured before the fact.

Converting to a totally new religion on a dime. (met Travis Sept 2006, was converted in/by Nov).

Some other things not coming to mind now.

When I heard DrJD say, no, not impulsive, these and other things nagged at me. Maybe they are normal or maybe signs of immaturity, but I understood these actions to be spur of the moment decisions.

Why not impulsive? Or is it a matter of degrees? Or?

Did occur to me, if Dr JD concluded - impulsive, jury might be confused about the terminology and less inclined to find premeditated murder, despite all the evidence of her murder planning, for days, weeks, perhaps longer.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Have read along but need a break.

Here is my 2 or more cents on the Helio phones. Feel free to add to it, or tell me why I am wrong. :floorlaugh:

-At some point before 1st Helio phone is lost (don't have exact date) JA takes pics of her "dumb" and "stupid" sister with 1st Helio phone? Remember this is the first thing Juan brought up on direct, and picture was shown in court.

-May 10 - Sex Tape was recorded on 1st Helio phone.

-May 15 - Photo of JA and her dog with light brown hair and blond highlights on 1st Helio phone.

-May 18 - 1st Helio phone was "lost".

-May 22 - 2nd Helio phone arrives courtesy of insurance claim. Insurance companies are independent from carriers, you pay THEM the deductible using a credit card. Don't know if JA paid it or Gus. Doesn't matter. You can do two claims in one year.

-June 3 - JA takes dark haired photos with her 2nd Helio phone on her way to murder TA.

-January 1, 2010 - FIRST Helio phone is magically located, with sex tape on it.

It is my opinion, JA took the photo card out of the FIRST Helio and used it in her 2nd Helio. The SIM cards from these two phones would be interchangeable. The sex tape recorded conversation would not be on the SIM card, it would only be saved to the device, the 1st Helio phone. Taping/recording a conversation is not the same as taking video. They can't be saved to the SIM Card. JMO and experience.

I think, this is why the pictures from the 1st Helio phone are important to this case, they were on the 2nd Helio phone. Her original Helio phone was never lost. She tried to use it as blackmail, when that failed, she killed Travis and then, she hid it with the sex tape on it.

Then, when she came up with this hair-brained DV abuse, make Travis look like a pedophile, self-defense claim, she made sure the 1st Helio phone was found.

I don't think it's as critical as we are making it out to be - please, no tomatoes. If it was crucial, Juan would have been very specific on rebuttal. Maybe I am wrong, and it will become very important in his closing. :waiting:

Thoughts? :idea:

JMO :drumroll:

My personal thoughts are that it's been discussed here at length because no one so far knew the background about the phones and didn't understand how many Helio phones there were and what was on each.

If what you're saying is true, then everything about these phones is easily explained. Can you direct us to where we can read the information about the phones or which trial days your information came out on?

I hope someone here can help me out on this question...

I've read quite a few WS'ers questions on here as to why the DT didn't get their own ME. I was trying to figure out how they could since by the time JA decided it was a self-defense case, TA would have been dead for a couple/few years. If the DT got their own ME would he only be able to go over Dr Horn's report? What new could a DT's ME have come up with?

They could have called one in, if they were so inclined, to refute his assertion that the bullet would have been incapacitating. Any doctor could say that without actually having to examine Travis, though this ME would probably also look at Horn's work and poke holes in it. That's generally how it's done in trials.

That they could find no one to say this or do this tells me Horn's work was thorough and accurate and also tells me that they could find no one to testify that Travis could still be running around and speaking in clear sentences after he was shot in the brain with a .25.

Right, but aren't discussing the helio? :seeya: :what:

I had a motorola RAZR and it had a SIM card...
I am cluless about this data transfer but I know when I got my new
phone all I had to do was transfer the SIM card and everything was there.
(contacts and calender... NOTHING ELSE!)

My RAZR did not have an SD card...

A RAZR is GSM not CDMA

remove-battery-sim.gif

I've read quite a few WS'ers questions on here as to why the DT didn't get their own ME. I was trying to figure out how they could since by the time JA decided it was a self-defense case, TA would have been dead for a couple/few years. If the DT got their own ME would he only be able to go over Dr Horn's report? What new could a DT's ME have come up with?

BBM

I think you made the seminal point.

This comment is from pages back but I had to reply. I missed when Gus Searcy was on the stand so I just watched it for the first time last night. That man creeps me the heck out!! He has that smarmy look about him that makes my skin crawl. Just ewwwww!!! :hills:

I am thinking back to Gus on cross. He was splitting hairs with Juan over every word. LOL, Juan trying to get him to say PPL is a bit of a pyramid scheme, Gus refusing to allow it, Juan saying maybe it's a triangle! Gus countering, it's more like a circle!! OMG, when this trial is really over, I am truly gonna miss Juan Martinez.

EEEK. I was simply pointing out the testimony, not his accuracy. I feel like you went a little left of center on me, so I'll try to be even more clear in the future.

What is my point? My point is that he said you couldn't - not that you were wrong.

I can't attest to his accuracy OR your accuracy because I am nowhere near 'technologically advanced'. I just learned how to reply to a post with my iphone... Feel me?

:floorlaugh: :seeya: I hear ya!! :floorlaugh:

Does anyone have any idea what will happen to jodi as a result of this? Has it been on Arizona new yet?

I very much doubt anything will happen to her, but it certainly devalues her work .. hopefully it does hit the news :)

:great::great:

:angel: Wings444! That's exactly how I thought it but you had a break from WS and I haven't. Thank you ! Thank you ! :floorlaugh:

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Have read along but need a break.

Here is my 2 or more cents on the Helio phones. Feel free to add to it, or tell me why I am wrong. :floorlaugh:

-At some point before 1st Helio phone is lost (don't have exact date) JA takes pics of her "dumb" and "stupid" sister with 1st Helio phone? Remember this is the first thing Juan brought up on direct, and picture was shown in court.

-May 10 - Sex Tape was recorded on 1st Helio phone.

-May 15 - Photo of JA and her dog with light brown hair and blond highlights on 1st Helio phone.

-May 18 - 1st Helio phone was "lost".

-May 22 - 2nd Helio phone arrives courtesy of insurance claim. Insurance companies are independent from carriers, you pay THEM the deductible using a credit card. Don't know if JA paid it or Gus. Doesn't matter. You can do two claims in one year.

-June 3 - JA takes dark haired photos with her 2nd Helio phone on her way to murder TA.

-January 1, 2010 - FIRST Helio phone is magically located, with sex tape on it.

It is my opinion, JA took the photo card out of the FIRST Helio and used it in her 2nd Helio. The SIM cards from these two phones would be interchangeable. The sex tape recorded conversation would not be on the SIM card, it would only be saved to the device, the 1st Helio phone. Taping/recording a conversation is not the same as taking video. They can't be saved to the SIM Card. JMO and experience.

I think, this is why the pictures from the 1st Helio phone are important to this case, they were on the 2nd Helio phone. Her original Helio phone was never lost. She tried to use it as blackmail, when that failed, she killed Travis and then, she hid it with the sex tape on it.

Then, when she came up with this hair-brained DV abuse, make Travis look like a pedophile, self-defense claim, she made sure the 1st Helio phone was found.

I don't think it's as critical as we are making it out to be - please, no tomatoes. If it was crucial, Juan would have been very specific on rebuttal. Maybe I am wrong, and it will become very important in his closing. :waiting:

Thoughts? :idea:

JMO :drumroll:

How do you know that???

Also, I don't know if the laughter is sarcastic or genuine so I will not take offense to it until further notice.

Please, NO..I am NOT being sarcastic! Not me. I don't play games, nor do I put innuendo's in my posts. Genuine...I promise. Please don't take offense. I believe we were actually agreeing that since he brought it up, it's important, but how important, or how relevant to the overall case it is, will be shown at closings.

That's an awesome question. I would think he could go back over Horn's work, point out errors, look at the pictures and do the same. That's what the defense would be out for--impeaching Horn.

I suppose they could have unearthed Travis' remains to examine the bones, but I'm glad they had the decency not to.

JA borrowed her $$ from Paul Stern. If you believe Paul Stern, she paid it back. :rolleyes:

“The day before she left, she was pretty frantic that she had to go back and see Travis," Paul Stern said, not knowing what fateful event was about to occur in Arizona. “She talked about how [Travis] was seeing other people and she asked to borrow money and I gave her money.”

Video below. Paul says some other interesting things about JA. Good refresher.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

:floorlaugh: Yes, like the 1970's and 1980's. I'm thinking of cop movies and murder mystery TV shows now. :floorlaugh:

You're guessing it was an Ocean.

Gus's castoff, so we don't know for sure.

The data on most Helios, incl. Ocean, (other than subscriber ID, contacts, onboard system files, and small amounts of data) were/are stored on MicroSD "expansion" card as I stated. Readily portable, plug 'n play, standard MicroSD...

:laugh:

But we agree; i.e., no
m1lXWaKXJhbfmIIS4zBhXLw.jpg
on phones.

Yes, of course, he suspected her. That's what an alibi is for. It's not needed if no one ever suspects you.

She made up all kinds of alibi exhibits to explain herself in case some one was "on to her." There could be other things she did to cover her tracks that we don't even know about. But she had them ready in case anyone asked. So why she didn't consider the call to Ryan as creating a big hole in her story, I don't know.

Pay attention she is Eienstein and THE FOG, .........
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::rockon:

I don't know if these were checks or cash, but those in the receipts thread say it's cash, and it was $800 worth, half in one account and half in another.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8854509&postcount=15

I also recall Jodi on the stand denying she had that much cash--Foggy denial, of course.

This is the accounting that I found:

Monterey, California

Arias made three deposits to different accounts at a Washington Mutual branch:

10:10 a.m. $400 to account # ending 8006
10:11 a.m. $300 to account # ending 7148
10:15 a.m. $100 to account # ending 7148

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

It doesn't say cash/check, however.

If it was cash, I imagine that she kept some of it too -- AFAIK paid for the "salon" visit in cash that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member