State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine you are on the jury, and that you have to convince a fellow juror to find JA guilty of premeditated murder. You only know what the jury knows.

This juror doesn't believe that JA stole her grandparent's gun, doesn't want to believe that JA went there to kill Travis, does believe that Travis was at least very verbally abusive, and thus probably he had hurt JA physically- at least once, even if it didn't happen the way she said it did.

To this juror, it seems plausible that JA simply snapped-- because of her BPD, or for whatever reason, but in response to something Travis did or said. If JA had gone there to kill him, says the juror, she would have killed him sooner and done so without taking any chance at all that he could fight back.

What would you tell this juror?

OMG ... I would be :tantrum::tantrum: . . . :pullhair::pullhair:: . . . :scared::scared: . . .

Then another :tantrum::tantrum: . . . :pullhair::pullhair::pullhair: . . . :scared::scared: . . .

And then another :tantrum::tantrum: . . . :pullhair::pullhair: . . . :scared::scared: . . .

And after I calmed down ... I would focus on the OVERWHELMING EVIDENCE of PRE-MEDITATION ...

:seeya:

That is really a good point. Their whole defense has pretty much been a disaster already. Just a little more of the same I suppose. :floorlaugh:

I guess I just want this over with and this really scares me that they have another chance to cause chaos or worse.

It's annoying to have the Defense on for an extra day but it will benefit the Prosecution. The Defense is pretty much closing their case with some psychological nonsense. What a weak case. The prosecution focuses on the murder. The Defense on disorders of all kinds. The jury will find it laughable and desperate. I think this lame tactic will shorten the deliberations. :)

Watching the opening statements again. If Jodi didn't want to have phone sex, why didn't she hang up? If she didn't like giving a *advertiser censored* in the Starbuck's parking lot, why not get out of the car?

Very basic questions. I'm sure the jury will deliberate the same.

Originally Posted by kaRN
I'd like to tell him what I think about drunk drivers.

I am very surprised and appalled at the many people willing to give this man a "pass" on his EXTREME drunk driving arrest, and to even make jokes about being driven to drink due to being a juror on the Arias case! It saddens me actually.

This man got behind the wheel of his car and chose to drive on public streets with his senses impaired! Thank you GOD that he did not hit or kill anyone or himself.

I don't even care what he has to say about being a juror at this point.
All I would care to hear is his deep remorse for the decision to drive EXTREMELY DRUNK.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice4Travis/posts/4694556964527

Garry Scarff - He was arrested for "Extreme DUI".. blood alcohol level above .150. Lucky the officer nabbed him before he killed someone else on the road.
http://www.arizonaduicenter.com/practice-areas/extreme-dui/

:seeya: :rocker: I agree, ThinkTank !

And nice to see ya here !

:seeya:

h4983B968

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/5474835968/h4983B968/

Do you guys need a new thread, or are you good for now? There isn't court today, right? Just checkin' cuz the assigned mods aren't here to ask.

I asked the play juror question because of what I read about Ariano's case. There JM proved in court that the murderer looked up ways to poison her terminally ill husband, then poisoned her husband, then beat him--weakened already by his cancer, chemotherapy and the poison--with a barstool until he died.

Yet, TWO of the alternate jurors said afterwards that they would not have voted for the DP for " that poor little girl."

For anyone to find sympathy for that monster after that horrible murder gave me pause, and I imagined myself trying to reason with someone who felt sympathy for JA, and who was thus willing to not connect the dots.

I'm imagining that juror now, after several hours of going over the premeditation evidence saying, well, OK, she went there thinking she would hurt him, or even kill him, but then she must have changed her mind, because they slept together, then had sex, and he trusted her to take photos of him naked in the shower, so how scared of her could he be? THEN something happened and she snapped.

Yes, she lied about bringing the gun, and lied about finding the gun in his closet, but just because she luckily had the gun in her purse in the bathroom doesn't prove premeditation.

Then what?

Good morning friends! We are SO close to justice for Travis and his family, it all concludes this week! I was thinking about the Defense and their Surebuttal witness and thought one reason the defense insisted upon a Surebuttal was because they knew that if they didn't Juan would have been able to control the court uninterrupted for days up til Closing Arguments. This could be so the defense gets one more time to be in front of the jury pushing their asinine theory. I think they didn't want the State to have control of the court that long without them being able to get their 2 cents in. Just a thought.

This was my thought exactly, try to shift the focus again off what Jodi did and try put Travis on trial. :maddening::banghead:

I suspect there were strict parameters given to DT when this motion was granted and that both JM and JS will be listening closely to the DT and witness. I also wonder if there was a bit of 'splitting the baby' going on with this motion - she allowed limited testimony in surrebutal, in exchange for JM being allowed to present the closet shelf testimony?

His testimony has to be on one subject: To contradict Dr. DeMarte's testimony concerning the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. The only reason they got this shot of surrebuttal was because they claimed this was "new" evidence.

Hopefully this doesn't take all day, because I'm pretty sure the judge wants to talk about jury instructions as well.

Someone needs to let the owner know about this (the REAL owner, lol). The copyright language is clear and she is in violation. She not only copied it but she then reproduced it into prints and is selling 100 of them for $250 a pop.

So they can throw that on top of her death sentence! :jail:

I hate to say this, but I like the mouth with the blue pill. She probably stole that, too. Doesn't that symbolize something? Let's see...from the Urban Dictionary: Although brought up in the Matrix Movie, as one who won't wake up [to] reality, the blue pill on the streets has come to mean just that. The blue pill is a painkiller, usually oxy/roxycodeine pills that keep you in your world of illusion, taking the pain away from the realities of life. It's codeine, tar, powder, hard - anything that keeps your mind at bay.

So that's a self-portrait! :facepalm:

His testimony has to be on one subject: To contradict Dr. DeMarte's testimony concerning the diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder. The only reason they got this shot of surrebuttal was because they claimed this was "new" evidence.

Hopefully this doesn't take all day, because I'm pretty sure the judge wants to talk about jury instructions as well.

Yes Beth said last night jury instructions will be prior to closings which I think is great for many reasons.

I hate to say this, but I like the mouth with the blue pill. She probably stole that, too. Doesn't that symbolize something? Let's see...from the Urban Dictionary: Although brought up in the Matrix Movie, as one who won't wake up [to] reality, the blue pill on the streets has come to mean just that. The blue pill is a painkiller, usually oxy/roxycodeine pills that keep you in your world of illusion, taking the pain away from the realities of life. It's codeine, tar, powder, hard - anything that keeps your mind at bay.

Yep...:floorlaugh:

420608_466430200099794_567611291_n.jpg

She did steal that one too. Saw a post on Justice4Travis FB page. It shows the original and JA's copy. The only difference is the pill is yellow in the original. Maybe JA didn't have a yellow colored pencil :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I asked the play juror question because of what I read about Ariano's case. There JM proved in court that the murderer looked up ways to poison her terminally ill husband, then poisoned her husband, then beat him--weakened already by his cancer, chemotherapy and the poison--with a barstool until he died.

Yet, TWO of the alternate jurors said afterwards that they would not have voted for the DP for " that poor little girl."

For anyone to find sympathy for that monster after that horrible murder gave me pause, and I imagined myself trying to reason with someone who felt sympathy for JA, and who was thus willing to not connect the dots.

I'm imagining that juror now, after several hours of going over the premeditation evidence saying, well, OK, she went there thinking she would hurt him, or even kill him, but then she must have changed her mind, because they slept together, then had sex, and he trusted her to take photos of him naked in the shower, so how scared of her could he be? THEN something happened and she snapped.

Yes, she lied about bringing the gun, and lied about finding the gun in his closet, but just because she luckily had the gun in her purse in the bathroom doesn't prove premeditation.

Then what?

I think she went there to try and convince Travis to take her to Cancun. She probably didn't realize that the woman that was going with him wasn't in love with him, and it was just more of a friendly trip.

JA thought she could use sex to convince him to let her have her way. When, even after sex, Travis still said "no," that was the end of the line for Jodi. Little Missy was ENRAGED, and used what she brought to torture and kill him, just as she planned to in case things didn't go her way.

If they don't give her the death penalty, Jodi Arias should never be allowed to see the light of day again. :stormingmad:

Oh! That geometry bit was my favourite part. Funny how we get different vibes from the same witness. I was a little disappointed with Demarte's tiger/bear question myself.

Oh well. Hopefully these jurors will all agree that it was premeditated murder.

I agree. I wish DeMarte would have explained that tiger/bear question a little better.

If you are attacked by a tiger - seeing a tiger will trigger PTSD.

If you are attacked by a bear - seeing a bear will trigger PTSD.

If you are attacked by a Travis - you don't try to submerse yourself into his memorial, write about him, or send an 18 page letter to grandma.

If you have PTSD because you used a gun during a killing - buying a 9mm would be unfathomable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5