State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that :( shooting is a passion of mine.

I could be completely wrong, I'll watch it again!

I just watched the same thing, and I also heard 'we' several times before she got to MM's house.

Hence my multi-quote madness!!!!

It also shows him OUT OF TOWN for most of the day on the 4th!!!!

I know a lot of people shoot guns for enjoyment and have no problem with that. I am more than willing to let them have their enjoyment as long as I am no where in the vicinity :lol:

Yes he did say that and I believe elsewhere people discussed it and decided that he had his weeks messed up. I think they said he was in cancun when she called, but he wasn't in cancun till the following week when the body was found, correct?

This never came up in trial, either. Wonder why.

But, didn't Gus say that he asked her where she was and if she needed a ride? She replied she was in Northern California, and she has a rental car. That is my recollection, but I could be wrong. He wouldn't have asked if she needed a ride if he were in Cancun, unless he might have arranged for someone else to give her a ride. Possibly she did call him that night, I know he is a glorified idiot, but maybe on that part he didn't lie. :fence:

She claimed during her testiphony that she archived her photos, contacts, and recordings and did so routinely.

I don't doubt that she archived anything she might want to use to extort TA or anyone else if it served her evilness.

Make no mistake.

She did take pics on that Helio phone on June 3 and she did lie. That is not in dispute.

Which is why Nurmi's cross-exam of Robert Brown was a miserable failure.

His client had lied not only to her counsel, but to the jury in open court.

Nurmi could not, can not fix it.

Oh ok I see now!

I am a fairly intelligent person, but I can honestly say that I cannot to even begin to wrap my head around this information...I bow to you, in all seriousness. TY so much for being a part of this group! Everyone's mind works in different ways and this subject matter is total mud to me. If it wouldn't be for you and others teaching me about this stuff, I'd be even further out in left field than I can be all by myself.
WOW. I bow to your knowledge on this. Seriously.

Thanks; I am humbled.

I am also astounded at the endless and frequently invalid assumptions made by judges, attorneys and juries.

Yes, of course, he suspected her. That's what an alibi is for. It's not needed if no one ever suspects you.

She made up all kinds of alibi exhibits to explain herself in case some one was "on to her." There could be other things she did to cover her tracks that we don't even know about. But she had them ready in case anyone asked. So why she didn't consider the call to Ryan as creating a big hole in her story, I don't know.

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but i get so lost with all the information in this case. But why did the call to Ryan create a big hole in her story?

I know a lot of people shoot guns for enjoyment and have no problem with that. I am more than willing to let them have their enjoyment as long as I am no where in the vicinity :lol:

:) thanks for that. A lot of people are judge mental about guns of any type - but I see that what you present is the most respectful reply in something that is clearly a trauma related issue for you. Like you, my Traumas have significant impacts on me, but I'm not sure they rise to your level of response. Water/swimming can sometimes bring on a panic or anxiety response, but I feel like one of these days I can work through it.

We are mostly shotgunners, and upland bird game hunters. We reload all of our own shotshells, with a pretty sophisticated electric drive system.

My only request is that I don't pick up the game or clean it. Hubs does that for me (but I do cook them). In return, I never ever complain about hunting and I go with him whenever he wants to go. This is pretty easy, considering that I love shooting and I'm very competitive.

We have a pretty big trip to Argentina later this year, for dove. Very excited, this will pretty much be like an all-inclusive luxury trip being fed like Kings and pampered in the field. In the 3 days of hunting, we plan on shooting 3,000 shells per day. All dove are donated to the local village in return for the farmers allowing us to use their land.

This quite honestly is the one issue for which I have been consistently bothered by since very early on in the trial.. I personally was left with waaaaaaaaay too much wiggle room with regard to the ME's initial testimony..

Ya see I am one who truly has no doubt in my mind that the stabbing, throat slashing, and the gunshot wound is the order in which Jodi slaughtered Travis.. Of this I truly have no doubt in my mind.. I honestly believe that I have a good idea on exactly why and you bet it has everything to do with Jodi's need to make his death excrutiating and hands on.. I get frustrated hearing the talking heads saying that there's just no way Jodi premeditated this murder due to her PLANNING ON HAVING TO DRAG THIS BODY ALL THE WAY INTO THE SHOWER STALL..

THIS IS IRRITATING TO ME due to IMO it it appears evident that OF COURSE JODI ARIAS DID NOT PREMEDITATE THE WAY IN WHICH TRAVIS WOULD FIGHT FIERCELY FOR HIS LIFE..IMO Jodi's plan entailed the entire murder to occur contained within the shower stall..easy clean up.. She never dreamed she would find herself at the end of that tiled hallway onto the carpet slashing his neck and then forced to have to pull him back into the stall to even half *advertiser censored* try to clean up the tremendous, unexpected mess of a crime scene that had occurred...

There absolutely were issues that arose for which she had not planned...mainly that being the fight Travis put up for his life..

Back to the ME testimony, I personally have been very bothered by the testimony he initially gave and IMO I kept it forefront in my mind as the trial continued and found that due to his testimony it left huge, huge, huge gaping, wide areas filled with what would amount to reasonable doubt for many people.. IMO his initial testimo :ny could quite honestly be irreparable damage that possibly may not have been able to be rehabilitated with his testimony last week..

I cannot gauge accurately or assign correct weight due to the fact that I personally am so very strongly convinced the gunshot came last..but there are many who believe that gunshot very well could have come first and this as we know is what Jodi now claims which IMO left open way too much reasonable doubt for some people who otherwise would not have had any reasonable doubt if the ME had initially testified in the exact same manner that he did last week.. where he left literally no possibility for Jodi's scenario to have happened the way in which shes claimed..

Just very worrisome for me due to I know how some people are and that just may have allowed for them to have carried the weight of his initial testimony to the point of it allowing plausibility to be present wrt Jodi's claim of events of the murder sequence..

I could not agree more.. I am so very troubled by this to the point that I honestly within my heart of hearts do not see justice as having been served if she is to receive LWOP..IMO THE ONLY WAY JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED IS FOR HER TO BE SENTENCED TO DEATH..

I FEEL VERY STRONGLY about the fact that she will without doubt thrive as well as literally enjoy her life sentenced to live behind bars.. She will be content and even go on to have an enjoyable life..IMO I feel very strongly about this and feel that honestly it is only thru the death penalty that will serve justice on behalf of her crimes against Travis..

I do believe there is actually a good chance that she could be sentenced to death, but I by no means am confident that it is death that she will receive..

I pray those left on the jury have not gotten lost in the bs.. I pray that tho, they are not seeing all that we are I do however believe that have seen enough to comfortably conclude this was premeditated and also that this person deserves NOTHING LESS THAN THAT OF THE PENALTY OF DEATH..

IMO ANYTHING LESS IS AN INJUSTICE!!

ITA with all you state here.

I'm gonna get roasted here, but the ME left me worried and a bit disturbed. He was dismissive, arrogant, and quite honestly, left a lot to be desired in his answers.

I think JW was way over her skis on cross though, which left her lacking on her questions, but the jury may have picked up on his less than desirable/detailed testimony

But, didn't Gus say that he asked her where she was and if she needed a ride? She replied she was in Northern California, and she has a rental car. That is my recollection, but I could be wrong. He wouldn't have asked if she needed a ride if he were in Cancun, unless he might have arranged for someone else to give her a ride. Possibly she did call him that night, I know he is a glorified idiot, but maybe on that part he didn't lie. :fence:

I don't know. Maybe he did. Again. I was going off some other conversation I read about this.

If he said that, why would he feel she needed a ride upon hearing that Travis was dead? That's an odd next question. What about, "OMG, what happened?" for the next question?

Where would she need a ride from? The murder scene?

My overall point was that Gus didn't know Travis was dead by a 7pm conference call on June 4th. That was my main point that led to all this talk about her calling him. I hope the cops did their jobs, checked the phone records, realized Gus was lying and this is why it didn't come up in trial.

:) thanks for that. A lot of people are judge mental about guns of any type - but I see that what you present is the most respectful reply in something that is clearly a trauma related issue for you. Like you, my Traumas have significant impacts on me, but I'm not sure they rise to your level of response. Water/swimming can sometimes bring on a panic or anxiety response, but I feel like one of these days I can work through it.

We are mostly shotgunners, and upland bird game hunters. We reload all of our own shotshells, with a pretty sophisticated electric drive system.

My only request is that I don't pick up the game or clean it. Hubs does that for me (but I do cook them). In return, I never ever complain about hunting and I go with him whenever he wants to go. This is pretty easy, considering that I love shooting and I'm very competitive.

We have a pretty big trip to Argentina later this year, for dove. Very excited, this will pretty much be like an all-inclusive luxury trip being fed like Kings and pampered in the field. In the 3 days of hunting, we plan on shooting 3,000 shells per day. All dove are donated to the local village in return for the farmers allowing us to use their land.

I like guns. Yay for responsible gun owners. :seeya:

Interesting. I didn't quote the diagrams, but if Arias has a case of Water from (Costco?) in the trunk of her car - why would she buy a bottle of water from McDonalds on June 2, 2008 at 7:32? Money being an issue and all...

Maybe because the Costco water in the trunk would have been hot as tea?

Shes a liar. I believe Linda. I think she was cheating on Brewer. Im glad Brewer told the truth. He admitted jodi said she was going to Arizona.

Yep! He also said she would sneak in and take pictures of him showering. He didn't like it either...:facepalm:

Geffner and LaViolette have colluded in the past.
LaViolette’s website - “Researchers Agree Woman May Hit Their Male Partner but InFrequently Batter Them- Pattern of Coercion is seldom Present in Femail Agression.”

see link: http://alycelaviolette.com/Women-Who-Hit-Their-Male-Partners.htm.

In this article, she cites ROBERT GEFFNER.

Also, they both attended this conference in 2012:
http://www.cvent.com/events/17th-international-conference-on-violence-abuse-and-trauma-the-2012-national-summit-to-end-interpers/custom-18-b1da4c68dd834500b75c020e5be82ba8.aspx
Do we know for sure that they're bringing this guy in? It seems very strange and stupid if they are???

Sorry if this is a dumb question - but i get so lost with all the information in this case. But why did the call to Ryan create a big hole in her story?

Because she talked to him AFTER her call to Travis (her little two minute call that he probably let go to voicemail). And she talked to Ryan after she'd gassed up, and she told him that she'd be straight there. She even testified that she'd intended to be straight there. Then she doesn't show up for 36 hours.

She's VERY lucky he didn't call the police after she didn't show up at 10am on June 4th. If I expected a friend to arrive at a certain time from out of town and I couldn't get them on the phone, it might not take me but about 4 hours to start calling police, highway parole, or something. Somebody would know before 9 or 10pm that night that my friend hadn't arrived for SEVERAL hours.

She told Ryan she'd be there at 10am June 4th--or there about that time. She didn't call him till 12 hours after that time (24 hours after the first call) to say she was lost. At that point, she'd been "lost" for about 24 hours. Then, she's so "lost" that it takes her an additional 10 hours or so to get there!:facepalm:

To me, that 24 hours blows a huge hole in her alibi. And she was creating an alibi to cover in case someone suspected her. Again, no need for an alibi if you're not thinking you're going to be suspected of anything. You want your alibi for when suspicion is thrown on you.

So again, why she blew a 24 hour hole in her own alibi, I do not understand--unless she thought she'd kill Travis in the middle of the night, but Zach was there. She could have thought that after her long trip, she'd lure Travis into the shower, thinking he'd get some sex from her but when she got there--Zach's there, making murder out of the question until the next day.

If she'd been able to kill Travis within a couple hours of arriving there, then she'd be only 7 hours or so late, and she could have called Ryan after she crossed the border, so he'd know she'd gotten lost but was on the way. She could have called Ryan by the 9-10am time she was supposed to be there on June 4th to lower his suspicions--which would keep him from freaking out and calling highway patrol. again, she's lucky he didn't.

Not much. I am very curious about these phones. From the way she tells it, she had three phones.

One lost--replaced by Gus in April.

Gus' phone lost--replaced by herself in May.

I keep asking about her getting sim cards and new numbers because I'm thinking you can just turn on the new phone and use the same number without a new SIM. I need to go back and look at the text messages and calls to see if her number changed on them.

There was virtually no testimony about any of this which is why I keep saying that the IT related investigation on this case was really very lame.

moo

I believethewhole point is to prevent the prosecution from pointing out anything that highlights her lack of remorse since she is claiming self defense. They don't want her post slaughter activities to suggest a lack of remorse since her defense was based on self defense. I read that on the legal thread. Makes sense from dt point of view but surely the jury will see it for what it is.

It doesn't make much sense at all if someone is NORMAL and acting in self-defence. A normal person who found themselves having to choose their own life over another's could/would most likely still have misgivings and sadness and remorse about having to have killed someone.

moo

Jodi Speak Interpretation:

The truth inside that statement is that it took a lot of water to wash the blood off. So she says she had a case of water from Costco.

At some point someone probably asked her how she washed the blood off her hands once she came out of the 'fog' so she said 'I washed my hands with bottled water I had with me' the other person probably said 'well, it would take more than one bottle to wash off all the blood you would have had on you' so Jodi says 'Well I had a CASE of bottled water with me' then thinks back to the last time she saw a case of bottled water and it was in a restaurant and it was from Costco so adds 'from Costco'.

Okey Dokey then ...

3 gas cans, a case of Costco bottled water and her luggage. All in the trunk.
Why did JM repeatedly ask her about where the gas cans were?

Snipped

imo, She did not take into account while creating her alibi about the time gap she would lose in between Pasadena-Utah.

She did not think that far in advance.
Her ultimate goal was to get to Travis.

imo, All she knew in her head was she could not be tracked in Mesa, AZ if she doesn't buy gas, food, or have her cell phone on upon leaving Pasadena.

Just my opinion, but I think she planned every single move she made along the entire trip, including building in multiple contingencies for things she might not be able to completely control, like when the roomates might leave.

Her hard drive, which she apparently destroyed, probably showed her planning and scheming from the 26th onward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper