State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had some leftover BBQ chicken in a tortilla with salsa and cheese and dark roast Community Coffee. :seeya:

Every time I see you name, I get a little sad.

I moved from Texas 2 years ago, lived there my whole life.

The thing that is the saddest, I CAN'T FIND TEXMEX in GA. Seriously, nowhere. I can have real Mexican food - I want my TexMex!!!!

I really dont know what difference it makes that JA has BPD PTSD or not. Doesnt change the fact this was premeditated murder. So where was the PTSD when she plotted and drove there to kill TA?

Perxactly. Doesn't matter. Smoke and mirrors, poor little victim.

I don't care if she does have PTSD now - what does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

This is a really good question, thanks for bringing it up. Sadly, it's possible given the insanity we've seen in other cases.

Even if the juror believed all of the above, there are two things that clearly point to murder and cannot be explained away.

1) the change of weapons- if the juror discounts Dr. Horn's testimony and believes the DT's assertion that TA was shot first, the defendant has ample time to get away from him and run out of the house. Her decision post-shot to look for the knife and locate it takes time. That time period, considering both where the weapon is and the choice to use it= premeditation. The juror must be reminded that premeditation does NOT mean a plan for weeks. It can be formed in a second.

2) the cut to the throat- that is done for only two reasons....A) she wanted to silence him or B) she wanted to make sure he was dead. The back wounds indicate he was moving away from her as well, but let's assume this juror believes JW's ridiculous theory that JA was like an orangutan over TA's shoulder during a self-defense attack. You CANNOT umbrella a near decapitation under self-defense OR manslaughter.

Hopefully, there isn't anyone on the jury who would need this paint-by-numbers approach, but even if they did? It's beyond ALL doubt, not just a reasonable one. :twocents:

Even worse, imagine if a juror was like one of the nutjobs on the "innocent" site. That is what has me worried. oj, anthony, lots of evidence, no conviction.

Every time I see you name, I get a little sad.

I moved from Texas 2 years ago, lived there my whole life.

The thing that is the saddest, I CAN'T FIND TEXMEX in GA. Seriously, nowhere. I can have real Mexican food - I want my TexMex!!!!

I cannot even imagine...if I leave the state for even a few days the first thing I do when I get home is find some good enchiladas or a chicken fried steak!

Where did you live in Texas?

I put this question on the General Questions thread an hour ago and so far no reply. I'm re-post here. I have to get ready for work in a few and hopefully I'll get an answer before I leave.

I've been searching through posts for an hour and I can't find the answer to, what happened to Matt and his testimony? I've heard nothing of it since some thought he may be called by JM?

I think he had a hand in all this. Where is he? Why wasn't he called by either side? I don't think he cut a deal, we would have heard about it. Did I miss something?

He wasn't called by either side because he is unreliable. In a hearing or deposition he told JM he would lie for JA. Therefore JM won't use him and if the DT did, JM would just bring that comment to the attention of the jury.

I'm pretty confident about a guilty verdict for premeditated murder.
I am not confident on them giving her the death penalty though.
Oh how I wish for it.

I cannot even imagine...if I leave the state for even a few days the first thing I do when I get home is find some good enchiladas or a chicken fried steak!

Where did you live in Texas?

Burleson, just south of Ft. Worth. Worked at both DFW and DAL airport for 10 years.

I'm pretty confident about a guilty verdict for premeditated murder.
I am not confident on them giving her the death penalty though.
Oh how I wish for it.

I agree. I wish they would but I do not think they will go for DP

I know this is from HLN but I think this bit is okay re time frame for sentencing as there's been lots of questions about the timings....

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2013/02/13/arias-sentencing

First-degree murder:

If the jurors unanimously decide Arias is guilty of first-degree murder for Alexander’s death, the case would then move to the aggravation phase.

That is the prosecution’s chance to present additional evidence that the death was caused in a cruel manner. Arizona law defines it as when the victim suffers physical pain or mental anguish and the defendant knew or should have known that the victim would suffer.

The jury would then deliberate for a second time to determine if the aggravating factor of cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

If the jury does not find her guilty of cruelty, the case ends and the judge sets a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days. At the sentencing, the judge decides whether to sentence Arias to natural life in prison or life with parole eligibility after 25 years.

But if the jury decides cruelty is proven beyond a reasonable doubt, the case moves to the sentencing phase.

This is the defense’s opportunity to ask the jury for leniency and present evidence to support why Arias should be spared the death penalty. Witnesses may include Arias’ friends and family. Arias could also make a statement to the jury.

The jury then deliberates for a third time to determine whether Arias should be sentenced to life or death. Their decision must be unanimous. In the case of a deadlock, a mistrial would be granted and a new jury would be chosen for this phase only.

If the jury votes for the death penalty, Arias would be sentenced immediately and she is likely to be sent to death row within hours. If the jury opts for a life sentence, the judge will set a sentencing date within 30 to 60 days and, at that time, will sentence Arias to natural life or life with eligibility for parole after 25 years.

Oh! That geometry bit was my favourite part. Funny how we get different vibes from the same witness. I was a little disappointed with Demarte's tiger/bear question myself.

Oh well. Hopefully these jurors will all agree that it was premeditated murder.
I had a couple of minor problems with DeMarte, too. I think her refusing to respond to the "good morning" or "good afternoon" made it seem like she had a chip on her shoulder toward the defense. Yes, her testimony was not favorable toward the DT, and DrD obviously didn't have fond feelings towards them. However, I think she took things too personally, and made it seem she had a grudge against JA and the DT in general. When in reality, she was just testifying to facts she had garnered from her tests and interview.

Secondly, I really hated to see her come back the second go around changing her position on being an "expert" on DV. She has many credentials, and was more than qualified to give her opinion on DV without changing her attitude about being an "expert". I thought that made her seem less credible.

She was a wonderful witness, and had professional and knowledgeable answers to willmott's questions. I just thought her attitude left a little to be desired, and I hope the jurors will judge on facts alone.

I was immediately turned off when Alyce, during re-direct, changed her testimony 180 degrees from her cross with Juan, and I saw a fleeting glimpse of that with Dr D.

And, I too, wish she had explained the tiger question more fully. *I* know what she meant, but I don't want to leave anything questionable in the juror's minds.

I don't think the DT's new witness will make any lasting impression in their case, and I'm just anxious to get to closing statements. I remember in the CA trial, the JP had time limits on the closing statements. I wonder how JS figured out how much time they each get, considering Juan gets two shots. I hope she sticks to her guns, because I can see nurmi going on, and on and on................, and I don't want Juan to be cheated out of any of his time at last to bat.

I can't help but believe most of the jurors have a good idea of their decision already, and are just waiting to hear the closing arguments to bolster an opinion they have already reached.

I pray for justice for Travis, and for changes in our system that will make the victim have at least as many rights as the defendant - in this case, a cold-blooded, premeditated murderer.

RIP Travis.

This confuses me as well. But someone upthread stated it may be the level of the charge for the DUI.

I don't know if 'charged' with a DUI would be diffferent for a juror than 'convicted' of a DUI. Like JA, innocent until proven guilty, so can't be held against him just yet. IDK. Its a head thumper for me why the wait since I would think a breathalyzer would have shown guilt/innocence?

Not sure!
K

I think that he was let go because he told the arresting officer that he was a juror in the Arias trial, and he was not supposed to talk about the trial according to the judge's admonishment to all of the jurors.

We don't know what happened to MM. In the end, neither side called him to testify. He is also virtually untraceable on the internet. That's all we know...so far...

moo

Was he the same witness as...

I may have this wrong, but it seemed that during the trial, there was some guy (not Gus) they brought on the stand and then he left and there was some confusion or something with him and they told him to be on standby or something and they told him he may be called back or deposed or something like that. Then we never heard from him again. Wondering if this was the same guy or was that another witness.

I may just be confused too as it was awhile back and I cant remember much about this guy except we saw him 1 day and there was some sort of confusion about him and whether he would be called back or not.

Or maybe I saw him on TV talking about him maybe being called to testify and he could not answer question on TV or something.

Yep...:floorlaugh:

420608_466430200099794_567611291_n.jpg

So Jodi DID steal it! Makes me feel better - I'd hate to admire any of her art. Cold-blooded killers may seem to be creative types (e. g., Gacy), but it's probably got the same distribution as in the normal population.

Good find, btw!

I put this question on the General Questions thread an hour ago and so far no reply. I'm re-post here. I have to get ready for work in a few and hopefully I'll get an answer before I leave.

I've been searching through posts for an hour and I can't find the answer to, what happened to Matt and his testimony? I've heard nothing of it since some thought he may be called by JM?

I think he had a hand in all this. Where is he? Why wasn't he called by either side? I don't think he cut a deal, we would have heard about it. Did I miss something?

Neither side can call him to the stand if they have reason to believe he intends to commit perjury. I'll leave it at that. The face that Jodi and ALV mentioned over and over again that indeed she did tell someone at the time, about the abuse, and it was MM and they did not produce him.....

well the jury will infer that was a lie. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Much like all the time that Lee Anthony was on the stand he was NEVER asked if he molested his sister. EVER.

Wendy Andriano had two young children, but still received the DP. The jurors don't have that concern with Jodi. I hope they're thinking about what she might do if she ever leaves prison, and their part in enabling future harm to innocents.

He wasn't called by either side because he is unreliable. In a hearing or deposition he told JM he would lie for JA. Therefore JM won't use him and if the DT did, JM would just bring that comment to the attention of the jury.

He actually admitted that? So he's honest about lying...:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member