State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't need to hear much except: she stabbed him more than twenty times, she cut his throat, she shot him to assume the killing was cruel.

Bless his heart.

I go back every couple if months to see my family. I miss TexMex, and Whataburger :(

And the low crime rate.

He moved back to San Diego afterwards because my mother lived there. When my mom died he went back to Dallas.

Wendy Andriano had two young children, but still received the DP. The jurors don't have that concern with Jodi. I hope they're thinking about what she might do if she ever leaves prison, and their part in enabling future harm to innocents.

I'm confident but have reservations just based on the FL debacle. I was over-confident and was crushed when Caylee's death got a 'free pass'.

This girl is just trash, utter trash. She thought she could manipulate and was smarter than any/everyone else.

She was used to worming her way into what she wanted. Then she hit a wall - and couldn't use her flirtation or looks to sway Det. Flores. It was all downhill from there.

I have seen so many women like her, it makes me sick.

Wendy Andriano had two young children, but still received the DP. The jurors don't have that concern with Jodi. I hope they're thinking about what she might do if she ever leaves prison, and their part in enabling future harm to innocents.

They might think she'll get LWOP.
I wonder who begged for mercy for Wendy Andriano.

I don't know what the various legal requirements are and there's probably legal restriction on her being able to attempt to copyright work that isn't original, but as for inspiration it's not like she has any scenery to use for art -- magazines and ads are pretty much it unless she gets into the mode of drawing portraits of her fellow jailmates. It is a form of art, despite what people think. The ability to draw and recreate (not tracing, but drawing) is an artistic skill. It may not be highly valued and I'm sure because it's being done by this murderer it's denigrated, but it is a way of working on one's drawing skills.

It's a talent I wish I had myself. Yes, hate the murderer, but recognize being able to put pencil or pen or marker to paper and create something that looks almost photographic is a talent of sorts. At least it is to me. It's something I am unable to do, despite various art lessons in my childhood years.

And no, I'm not saying she should profit from it or anything else she does.

He moved back to San Diego afterwards because my mother lived there. When my mom died he went back to Dallas.

It's a good place to live - not Dallas, but the outlying areas.

I love the Ft. Worth side, very western minded - and I intend to go back soon and visit my favorite boot stores. I'm out of brown boots! I'm down to one pair of black ostrich! My barn boots finally gave out, need to stock up!

I don't know, given all the aggravation and cruelty, how they could NOT go for the death penalty! :twocents::moo:

There is one aggravating charge and that qualifies the case for the DP. It's not a slam dunk and it doesn't mean a jury has to vote for death. It simply allows the case to be considered by a jury for the ultimate penalty if the conviction is first degree murder. Keep in mind it's a decision that has to be made unanimously by 12 people. If there's not a unanimous decision on death then the default is LWOP.

Since it was YOUR idea, I vote for YOU to do it! :seeya:

Her website has her address, but requests postcards only. NO MENTION of being in prison, but has that wonderful # next to her name.

Wonder if I can find a postcard fit for her ...

I don't know what the various legal requirements are and there's probably legal restriction on her being able to attempt to copyright work that isn't original, but as for inspiration it's not like she has any scenery to use for art -- magazines and ads are pretty much it unless she gets into the mode of drawing portraits of her fellow jailmates. It is a form of art, despite what people think. The ability to draw and recreate (not tracing, but drawing) is an artistic skill. It may not be highly valued and I'm sure because it's being done by this murderer it's denigrated, but it is a way of working on one's drawing skills.

It's a talent I wish I had myself. Yes, hate the murderer, but recognize being able to put pencil or pen or marker to paper and create something that looks almost photographic is a talent of sorts. At least it is to me. It's something I am unable to do, despite various art lessons in my childhood years.

And no, I'm not saying she should profit from it or anything else she does.

I haven't read any comments disputing that she can draw but she's basically copying images and passing them off as her own. She can draw better than the average person, but she's no talented artist to me.

:moo:

There is one aggravating charge and that qualifies the case for the DP. It's not a slam dunk and it doesn't mean a jury has to vote for death. It simply allows the case to be considered by a jury for the ultimate penalty if the conviction is first degree murder. Keep in mind it's a decision that has to be made unanimously by 12 people. If there's not a unanimous decision on death then the default is LWOP.

I assumed so as well but AZLawyer said differently.

Originally Posted by Nali87
AzLawyer I have a question: what happens if there is a hung jury during the penalty phase?

Originally Posted by AzLawyer
Another jury would be impaneled, but just for the penalty phase. They would have to accept the judgment of guilt--and any evidence applicable to the penalty phase that was already presented in the guilt phase would have to be re-presented.

Today is a cold and rainy day. Perfect for watching a trial. I has a sad.

I'm pretty confident about a guilty verdict for premeditated murder.
I am not confident on them giving her the death penalty though.
Oh how I wish for it.

Ditto on both counts. From the interviews of TA's family I've seen, they seem to be braced for the reality of a LWOP decision, rather than the DP, even though I understand that the family is united in wanting the DP and to be there watching it, even if it is 20 years from now.

Looking at the process gives me some hope that this jury will go all the way, though. If they get as far as a verdict of guilt on 1st degree-premed, it seems pretty certain that they'll also find that this murder qualifies as especially cruel, and therefore they MUST consider the DP.

Again, looking at the mitigators brought up in the Andriano case... JA won't be able to come up with even that short and pathetic list of mitigators. Plus, AZ's Supreme Court has ruled in past cases that a pattern of abuse in childhood does NOT qualify as a mitigating factor. So, even if a juror bought that set of JA's lies, it wouldn't appear to be of any help to her.

Again, only the DV seems to be of any relevance, and I am confident that JM will smash that Big Lie to smithereens in his closing.

So, I'm actually hopeful, however tentatively.

:truce:

I hate to ask this but can someone PLEASE update me on what is going on since Thursday? I had to go out of town unexpectedly for a funeral and could only catch bits and pieces.

Too much to do at work today to catch up. A brief synopsis on why we are dark until Wednesday will score you a bag of Twizzlers. :please:

I won't need to hear much except: she stabbed him more than twenty times, she cut his throat, she shot him to assume the killing was cruel.

BBM

Exactly. Not only that, we know that he was aware of the stabbings for a decent amount of time. Per Dr. Horn, he was alive when she slit his throat. Nothing more cruel than that.

If not deserving of the death penalty, I don't know what is. :help:

I came here looking for new news! I find it hard to believe the defense team hasn't filed for yet another mistrial! What's it been, 4 days since the last time they were in court? There's gotta be something underhanded going on in their camp. Jodi hasn't been in the limelight, JW hasn't gotten to strut her stuff, and Nurmi has lost a lot of naps. This weekend my granddaughter (nearly 3) got new "tapping" shoes, (as she calls them) Every time she clicked across the floor, I thought of JW. She was still cute as all get out!

I came here looking for new news! I find it hard to believe the defense team hasn't filed for yet another mistrial! What's it been, 4 days since the last time they were in court? There's gotta be something underhanded going on in their camp. Jodi hasn't been in the limelight, JW hasn't gotten to strut her stuff, and Nurmi has lost a lot of naps. This weekend my granddaughter (nearly 3) got new "tapping" shoes, (as she calls them) Every time she clicked across the floor, I thought of JW. She was still cute as all get out!

BBM

:floorlaugh:

I think that he was let go because he told the arresting officer that he was a juror in the Arias trial, and he was not supposed to talk about the trial according to the judge's admonishment to all of the jurors.

He was dismissed , according to Beth Karas, because Juan Martinez's office will be prosecuting him for his DUI .

Under Arizona law, all 12 jurors must agree on the death penalty. If they can't, prosecutors can empanel a second jury, or even a third, for a do-over of the penalty phase. If the third jury is hung, the judge will decide between 25 years to life or life with no possibility of parole.

Even a third jury!? Wow, so we either need all 12 to be for DP or atleast one that won't settle for anything but DP until we eventually get all 12! Even if we have to get new jurors!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV