State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When Mimi was on the stand and Mr Martinez was questioning her, she mentions Jodi sneaking in through the doggie door.

Was this said in front of the Jury?

Yes and following them on their first date. How skerry! Seems miss arias had no boundaries orself respect. I believe she threw herself at Travis! Thinking it would make her mrs Alexander someday.

I have long thought it was pronounced "greenwitch". Not sure why thats interesting

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

It's actually English and they way they pronounce it is "gren-itch".

But us "americans" butchered the "english" language and changed it to "green-witch" - but again, it depends on what part of the country you're from in how you pronounce it. Someone from the East Coast might say it the english way and someone from the West Coast might say it the "mangled" way.

Agreed! I like how fluid and sequentially he tells it.

Like painting a picture, through his eyes. MARTINEZ is the artist, not Jodi.

Yes…and Juan's "picture" is worth 10,000 of Wilmot's words! :great:

Thank you.

Just posted this in the view thread:

Wow...judge should NOT allow that. Horn testified to that in the CIC. They had time to find someone to rebut that in their CIC and they didn't. They do not get a do-over. They are trying to do things they didn't think of before. That is wrong. Please put your foot down Judge!

It is just not right if the Judge allows that! That is like seeing the test answers and then going back and taking the test for your grade! Surely, the Judge will say no to this!

I was taught way back in grade school that it is pronounced "Gren - ich" Mean Time... and I am not British -- born & raised in California.

I'm from the West Coast too and that's the way I've been raised to say it. Someone says "greenwitch time" to me and I'm like, "whaaaaaa????" LOL

But us "americans" butchered the "english" language and changed it to "green-witch" - but again, it depends on what part of the country you're from in how you pronounce it. Someone from the East Coast might say it the english way and someone from the West Coast might say it the "mangled" way.

Massachusetts here and we say gren-itch. Then again most people not from the area really can't understand me.

Let's put it this way.. If she does not allow it, and it is an appealable ???? issue.. Do you want to do this again?? I don't..

Is Dr Geffner really able to be used to rebut Dr Horn's testimony AS WELL AS Dr DeMarte's .. how messed up is this, it's like a one witness fits all situation .. If Judge SS let's this happen we know we will not finish on Wednesday. Never seen this before, it's really like giving the DT one final bite of the apple.

Yeah, how's that gonna work out for them? My guess is not very well.

Just like every other witness! :great:

Thank you.

Just posted this in the view thread:

Wow...judge should NOT allow that. Horn testified to that in the CIC. They had time to find someone to rebut that in their CIC and they didn't. They do not get a do-over. They are trying to do things they didn't think of before. That is wrong. Please put your foot down Judge!
I wonder if it will be allowed in the same way RS could talk about what the hippocampus does. However JSS said there was only one day for this and it's so late in the game.....

Yeah, how's that gonna work out for them? My guess is not very well.

Just like every other witness! :great:

Yeah, from what I have been reading this guy will be even easier to discredit than the other two experts, especially when it's mentioned that he's friends with Laviolette (huh, wonder how the DT heard about him...:facepalm:).

And the jury will be soooo mad. What a sham. I think the DT is crazy for wanting this but hey, let them hang themselves, I guess. I don't think the jury trusts them anymore anyway.

I don't see how a Psychologist (neuropsychologist or not) would be qualified as an expert on brain trauma over an MD who is a pathologist. I cannot fathom it being allowed. Even if it is allowed, I can't imagine his testimony being given more weight than the ME who has performed more than 6,000 post-mortems.

I thought the break would help me get back to real life...yea, riiiiiiight..... LOL
I took a nap a bit ago...while listening to HLN, of course....dreamt I introduced myself to GS...OMG...he looked different than in reality, but no better to my dismay. The best part was where we were when I boldy approached him to introduce myself to him....

On the set of the Judge Judy show LMAO! I need a real break, I think!

Is Dr Geffner really able to be used to rebut Dr Horn's testimony AS WELL AS Dr DeMarte's .. how messed up is this, it's like a one witness fits all situation .. If Judge SS let's this happen we know we will not finish on Wednesday. Never seen this before, it's really like giving the DT one final bite of the apple.

ITA. I have never seen such either! It's BS IMO. How many chances does the DT need? Whatever, if they put 2 dozen more experts up there....Arias will STILL be guilty.
We have seen the track record with the DT's "experts"....I am not worried, just very irritated.

I'm from the West Coast too and that's the way I've been raised to say it. Someone says "greenwitch time" to me and I'm like, "whaaaaaa????" LOL

Heh. Those are probably the same folks that say the "Thames" river to rhyme with "James", and think that the "Tems" is a totally different river! :facepalm:

Regional pronunciations are sometimes tricky, but one can learn them, especially world-famous ones.

One of my favorite lesser-known ones is Natchitoches, Louisiana, which is pronounced "Knack-a-desh"! :facepalm:

I just think the judge is very ready for this to be over and for it to get to the jury. As long as that part takes only a little bit of time she MAY allow it but with strict limitations. All Juan has to do is ask, "Are you a medical doctor? Have you ever treated someone in a medical setting? Have you ever treated someone with a gunshot would to the frontal lobe? Oh, and about that sanction..."

I don't know. Maybe the DT doesn't learn or maybe they don't care. Maybe they know this is a hail mary pass that doesn't have a chance of sticking but are trying anyway. I also think they hate Juan that much and just don't care anymore. This is more about winning than anything else.

Life seems to have no meaning on days without trial...

Oh-oh…this is not good. But never fear, Hopeful One. You're just one headline away from another salacious trial. Unfortunately, our planet is infested with evil nut jobs.:scared:

Far as I know, in most parts of Canada we say gren-itch.

Another possible reason for Jodi's (mis)pronunciation is that she's an autodidact. A person can be well-read, and articulate, but with little formal education or direct learning from a teacher, proper pronunciation can suffer. Just a thought.

Nurmi and Willmott had the option to call an M.D. during their case. They chose to rely on their cross exam of Horn. That didn't turn out like they hoped so now they expect the Judge to help them out and allow additional testimony. The judge has already put a one day limit on surrebuttal and I hope she sticks to it.

Like one of those "multifunctional" gas stations. You can get gas, get a sub made, or a pizza of your choice. Spreading it so thin, the quality is lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV