State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a post purportedly written by MM elsewhere where he says it wasn't the DT attorneys that asked him to lie, but a private investigator. In that post he seemed to be sympathetic to JA as well.

It was dated awhile ago IIRC, but maybe at the time he wanted to help her, now that the truth about her has come out maybe he's thanking his lucky stars that it wasn't him she slaughtered.

I think he is lying. To our knowledge no PI has ever submitted a bill for Jodi's defense. That would involve witness tampering and since MM was in California could it also bring Federal charges?? No PI is going to risk going to jail for Jodi, nor put their license on the line. So either MM is lying or it was someone representing themselves as a PI. Someone who might not have a problem breaking into a home and stealing important information. We all know MM was suppose to receive those magazines. No wonder he is hiding.

I think this jury will be overwhelmed when they finally get the whole story once this is over. jmo

For anyone that is interested, Here is an Article done by MARK EIGLARSH (Lawyer) entitled: WHEN CLIENTS LIE...WHAT YOU MUST DO.

http://www.eiglarshlaw.com/lawyer-attorney-1113213.html

Just thought I would post, hope not a Repeat but with so many threads/members - bound to get some repeat of things. MOO

Laie_23.gif

Interesting read, thank you. It makes me wonder about this particular defendant and her defense team especially considering the whole fraudulent letters issue. Isn't it reasonable that the DT knows that part of her testimony was/is perjury??? I mean I'm sure they know the entire case is based on lies, but with the "pediphillia letters" it's pretty much a fact...yes/no???

Are you kidding? :floorlaugh:

--------------------------------------------------------------
the above post respectfully ... snipped... and bbm

ElleElle
Now if we see you putting your license plate on upside down,
we'll be forced to alert your boyfriend, SO, or DH.
/JK

Or maybe all three.
/Still JK :floorlaugh:

Chris Hughes on Dr. Drew tonight. Chris will say that his emails were meant to scare JA away from Travis because they were afraid of HER! Why was he not called to testify for the prosecution???

It's a good question. I'm wondering if it's because of how visible they've been in the media...maybe Juan doesn't want to put a witness on who will be subject to a lot of questions about his media appearances and having the DT suggest that all friends of Travis who testify may have an ulterior motive.?

I expect to see a motion tomorrow asking for the psychologist to be able to testify about Walmart's return process because he had a part time job there while attending college.

He might even be asked to testify regarding the images taken from the Helio since he owns the latest edition of photoshop.

And don't forget whenever he's on the road he sleeps at a Holiday Inn. That's a biggie.

I dunno, Arias has not yet been convicted. So, I think she should still have as many rights as possible until that point.

I agree..she should and DOES have the same rights as any other incarcerated indiviual .....however, the State of AZ is paying for her defense....inching towards 2 MILLION dollars and any monies being made should IMO be filtered back to the State JMO of course

Chris Hughes on Dr. Drew tonight. Chris will say that his emails were meant to scare JA away from Travis because they were afraid of HER! Why was he not called to testify for the prosecution???

This is a great example of why friends should stay out of things. You can get involved in a friends relationship, and that friend can rebel against your wishes and end up seeing the person you disapproved of for longer than they would have otherwise. Travis made the classic move in this situation .. he took the relationship underground, which actually made him even more vulnerable.

:eek:

Why do you think that? (not that I don't believe you, just curious about why that's all :seeya:)

Sorry hard to keep up on the iPhone. On HLN Friday night they showed the clip of the interrogation I will try to find a clip. She mentions she was on her way to MM house or at least that's where she tells him she was going. I believe JA would kill again or has before TA. The fact that she premeditated it then drove hours with murderous thoughts?!?! I can't fathom it. I would have changed my mind 50 miles in. She's not human.

Yes, she pushed for the baptism and also planned the apres-baptism anal sex.

I am not questioning you by the BBM above, but I am questioning the statement...we only have ja's words that Travis tried to get her to convert. IMO she was the one that pushed it, thinking it would get her closer to being wife material for Travis.

Not sure who is in charge of the taxpayer's money that have been spent on defending this one defendant ...I find that whoever that person is ... Is respondsible for complete and total ignorance of what is meant by giving a fair trial. I don't know of even my friends that are wealthy that would spend this kind of money on such Carpy work.

Until the taxpayers decide that they aren't gonna allow this kind of spending we will continue to see this garbage.

It annoys me to no end that Travis has been brutalized over and over. Down right pisses me off that the dt is costing the taxpayers so much and yet no conscious on their part.

Let Hln pay for the trial. Imo

I have a need to tell y'all this:

Today, I started cleaning at 2:00pm - and I've even posted in here during all of my little breaks.

I vacuumed
I mopped
I cleaned out 4 cabinets and have a slew of bags ready for donation.
I dusted
All surfaces have been de-cluttered.

I'm good for sleuthing and trial watching for the rest of the week - hubs will pick up my slack!

No more sleuth cleaning tricks today! I did it for real. LOL

BBM~ Dirty manipulative, lying, cunning, obsessive, little secret is more like it.

Maybe the Neuropsychologist can help the DT understand that when you want someone to be your 'Dirty Little Secret' it does not make sense to have them come to your home for sex when you have an 'open door' policy for people to come and go at anytime

I am not questioning you by the BBM above, but I am questioning the statement...we only have ja's words that Travis tried to get her to convert. IMO she was the one that pushed it, thinking it would get her closer to being wife material for Travis.

The BBM refers to the OP making a statement about TA trying to get JA to convert to a very conservative religion. While JA met Travis in September 2006 and court testimony was that TA gave her the Book of Mormom within a few weeks of their meeting one another, DB's testimony was that she was interested in converting to becoming to a Mormom much earlier.

DB first testified that weekly meeting started in June or July, then later said August 2006. He was certain that it was in the summer.

Overall, DB was very sketchy in his answers and had a lot of "I don't recall" responses, but with the Mormom conversion he never said anything to indicate it took place after JA met Travis.

Dang, I forgot where I read it, but the Pros filed a motion today which I believe will be heard tomorrow morning...I have been reading all over so I don't remember where in the heck I read it. Anyone know????

Not sure who is in charge of the taxpayer's money that have been spent on defending this one defendant ...I find that whoever that person is ... Is respondsible for complete and total ignorance of what is meant by giving a fair trial. I don't know of even my friends that are wealthy that would spend this kind of money on such Carpy work.

Until the taxpayers decide that they aren't gonna allow this kind of spending we will continue to see this garbage.

It annoys me to no end that Travis has been brutalized over and over. Down right pisses me off that the dt is costing the taxpayers so much and yet no conscious on their part.

Let Hln pay for the trial. Imo

Lol! God knows they have milked that cash cow dry.

As far as the cost defense, this would have been a one week trial if the state had not sought the DP. :twocents:

PI? Private Investigator?

I don't get it.

I think he is lying. To our knowledge no PI has ever submitted a bill for Jodi's defense. That would involve witness tampering and since MM was in California could it also bring Federal charges?? No PI is going to risk going to jail for Jodi, nor put their license on the line. So either MM is lying or it was someone representing themselves as a PI. Someone who might not have a problem breaking into a home and stealing important information. We all know MM was suppose to receive those magazines. No wonder he is hiding.

I think this jury will be overwhelmed when they finally get the whole story once this is over. jmo

I have a need to tell y'all this:

Today, I started cleaning at 2:00pm - and I've even posted in here during all of my little breaks.

I vacuumed
I mopped
I cleaned out 4 cabinets and have a slew of bags ready for donation.
I dusted
All surfaces have been de-cluttered.

I'm good for sleuthing and trial watching for the rest of the week - hubs will pick up my slack!

No more sleuth cleaning tricks today! I did it for real. LOL

Why stop now? My house is available. :D

Lol, when I want to feel smart I pull up JA's twitter page. Today it was eBay panty sale and F. Scott Fitzgerald. Do y'all think she sketches while contemporaneously listening to the "The Big Book of Quotes" on audio book? ;)

I understand your reasoning but it's almost impossible that he didn't at least encourage conversion. Mormons are commanded by faith to evangelize.

I don't doubt that he encouraged it...but it is my opinion that she got on the fast track with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JAMTAG