State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy this DT is aggravating already- go home!

But I looked up what exactly a Neuropsych. studies and in part they assess, manage & rehabilitate people who have suffered illness or injury (particularly to the brain) which have caused neurocognitive problems. Neuropsychology - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia They also can offer an opinion as to whether a person is demonstrating difficulties due to brain pathology or as a consequence of an emotional or another (potentially) reversible cause or both.

Sooo, I suspect, that JSS will allow him to speak to the area of what Travis may have been able to do physically "if he were shot first" as Juan had proposed. I just have this bad feeling...

I have a need to tell y'all this:

Today, I started cleaning at 2:00pm - and I've even posted in here during all of my little breaks.

I vacuumed
I mopped
I cleaned out 4 cabinets and have a slew of bags ready for donation.
I dusted
All surfaces have been de-cluttered.

I'm good for sleuthing and trial watching for the rest of the week - hubs will pick up my slack!

No more sleuth cleaning tricks today! I did it for real. LOL

HAHA!! You too .. I have tidied up the closet, changed all the linen, done two loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen and am now making some 'parcels' in puff pastry for easy meals .. yesterday I ACTUALLY vacuumed and washed the floor for realz :) I have learnt that OBVIOUS changes work best with DH, like he was all amazed when he noticed the tidied closet (which only took about 10 minutes) but can overlook serious cleaning completely.

So for the rest of this trial I vow to do something OBVIOUS around the house every day.

Oh another top tip for sleuthers who wish to slack: When DH leaves house in morning be sure to have already showered and changed into 'around the house clothes' .. before DH gets home change INTO workout clothes. I'm using that one next week :)

Why is so Jodi so adamant in denying the cuts to her finger took place during the killing? I just don't understand this.

The BBM refers to the OP making a statement about TA trying to get JA to convert to a very conservative religion. While JA met Travis in September 2006 and court testimony was that TA gave her the Book of Mormom within a few weeks of their meeting one another, DB's testimony was that she was interested in converting to becoming to a Mormom much earlier.

DB first testified that weekly meeting started in June or July, then later said August 2006. He was certain that it was in the summer.

Overall, DB was very sketchy in his answers and had a lot of "I don't recall" responses, but with the Mormom conversion he never said anything to indicate it took place after JA met Travis.

At one point Jodi said to JW, "I think he's mad." I think it's possible this may have been about the time she said that.

I don't doubt that he encouraged it...but it is my opinion that she got on the fast track with it.

Oh absolutely, in fact I heard a radio interview with one of the people assigned to meet with her regularly to discuss/guide her conversion. He said he'd never had a potential convert who so consistently and fastidiously completed reading assignments from the Book of Mormon.

Heard Beth Karas say this earlier about the DT wanting Geffner to rebut Dr. Horn. It's not just up to JSS, JM is going to have to argue that this is outside of the scope of expertise for a nueropsychologist.

This little tidbit just adds to my disdain for the expert witness before I have even heard a peep out of his mouth...willing to get paid to say anything needed. I did some googling (granted, not an exhaustive search), but I can't find anything that says this would be within his realm of testimony.

:maddening:

At this point every calculated, underhanded move by the DT solidifies my hope that she fries, and I wish I could mean that literally. The needle is too good for her at this point IMO.

I've always held a "quasi pro-death penalty mentality," meaning I feel an eye for an eye is fair, yet I never really knew if when push came to shove I could actually sit on a jury and say "yes this person deserves to die for their actions."

With JA and the way she has killed travis again by her lies and accusations, I have no such qualms.

Why is so Jodi so adamant in denying the cuts to her finger took place during the killing? I just don't understand this.

Because she's stuck with the lies she told originally about the cuts during the "I wasn't there" phase of her defense.

nice to see that JC is in Florida for the Treyvon case....maybe she will stay there...LOL...I prefer Beth

I know right .. why not just cough it up and admit you did it during the killing? I think it's because she just can't help herself. Perhaps she thought it was important to stick to some lies she had told early on for consistency and didn't want to look like she had lied about everything even though she had? So lying to give impression of honesty .. somehow?

I was just re-watching Juan's cross with Jodi Day 25...what struck me was the fake text she sent him on June 6, it reads "Hey, I need to know when you're going to deposit that check." Why did she say THAT check? I know she already knew he was dead then and so it's fake, but still why wouldn't she just write "I need to know when you're going to deposit the check." I believe that her excuse when she got to Mesa was she told Travis that she had the check with her, so she thought instead of mailing it why doesn't she just take a detour from her trip and give it to him, it would probably get there faster than if she had mailed it...then she probably went into her tangents about post offices and I can deliver it faster I was already near you, blah , blah , blah. That's why she said "hey why haven't you mailed that check," because it was central to her whole excuse of showing up there in the first place.

I've thought all along that the reason he let her come was because of "that check".

Let me guess......because it's the truth?

So far we have heard:

She cut it on a glass she broke while Travis was eating oatmeal (court);
She cut it when she tried to grab the knife from the ninjas (Flores;
She cut it on a piece of metal shelving while putting glasses away at work (Ryan);
She cut it while cutting an apple (ALV).

There may be more because I don't remember what she told Dr. Samuels.

HAHA!! You too .. I have tidied up the closet, changed all the linen, done two loads of washing, cleaned the kitchen and am now making some 'parcels' in puff pastry for easy meals .. yesterday I ACTUALLY vacuumed and washed the floor for realz :) I have learnt that OBVIOUS changes work best with DH, like he was all amazed when he noticed the tidied closet (which only took about 10 minutes) but can overlook serious cleaning completely.

So for the rest of this trial I vow to do something OBVIOUS around the house every day.

Oh another top tip for sleuthers who wish to slack: When DH leaves house in morning be sure to have already showered and changed into 'around the house clothes' .. before DH gets home change INTO workout clothes. I'm using that one next week :)

LOL! I vow to dust the treadmill everyday and reset the digital readings so it looks like I used it.

I know right .. why not just cough it up and admit you did it during the killing? I think it's because she just can't help herself. Perhaps she thought it was important to stick to some lies she had told early on for consistency and didn't want to look like she had lied about everything even though she had? So lying to give impression of honesty .. somehow?

She had no physical evidence of abuse. Nothing. Her finger is the only thing she can show as a possible result of his "violence"...Given her sick view of things, she probably feels justified in using the injury she incurred while killing him as a means of showing evidence of his "physical abuse". It's highly unlikely that the finger was ever even broken or the DT would have produced x-rays.

moo

Talk about patterns.. much like her artwork, she copies her stories. Her story about Bobby is closely related to how she portrays Travis...

He is unstable
Bobby put her in a stranglehold
she caught him cheating by hitting backspace on the computer and getting to his email (by accident) riiiiight
needed to remove herself from situation
moved in with grandmother in Yreka
justifies going back to him because she loved him
doesn't really have a solid breakup
Continued to sleep with him because she felt they were 'isolated' incidents

LOL! I vow to dust the treadmill everyday and reset the digital readings so it looks like I used it.

Leave a small towel hanging off it .. I might leave the fan going in the workout room too LOL :)

Just a few thoughts on the topic of Travis encouraging her to convert (to his religion)

If he never brought up what religion he was, what he did for a living, what his favorite foods were Jodi Arias would find out in short order and make them her favorites and she would make his religious beliefs hers. What he liked, she would love, what he felt like doing, OMG so did she...

She came into his life and decided she would make him a part of her, in every way, they would become one person. She would not allow him to leave, alive.

In the Single White Female sort of way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelikaBor