State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure who is in charge of the taxpayer's money that have been spent on defending this one defendant ...I find that whoever that person is ... Is respondsible for complete and total ignorance of what is meant by giving a fair trial. I don't know of even my friends that are wealthy that would spend this kind of money on such Carpy work.

Until the taxpayers decide that they aren't gonna allow this kind of spending we will continue to see this garbage.

It annoys me to no end that Travis has been brutalized over and over. Down right pisses me off that the dt is costing the taxpayers so much and yet no conscious on their part.

Let Hln pay for the trial. Imo

Especially after she admitted to the killing. It seems when people say fair trial they really mean an obscene amount of pandering to the defense. I don't see that as fair to the "people" who may have to be exposed to a murderess if she's freed.

If the DT "expert" is only allowed a day for his testimony, they will be there all night. JW took 3 days with Alyce going over her "experience" before they even mentioned Jodi or Travis. I just don't see how they plan to start closing arguments on Thursday. Between going over this guys CV and the DT objections and approaches there is NO way they will be done by Thursday.

The planet of being death penalty convicted Scott Peterson's lawyer.

:lol: Geragos is a joke IMO

Oh I didnt know that

Sour grapes much?

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

I don't like that Randolph guy on HLN....I quote, "gunshot first=premeditation"... uhh?? No, planning a murder=premeditation, regardless of what came first.....

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I like the other guy that had the knife.

Ohh chris hughs next.

Hln after dark issue, did she commit first degree murder I can tell you how that's going to end up already 10 guilty 2not guilty. Same every time

I'm not interested in seeing any juror DUI mug shots or hearing about it. Obviously he made a terrible decision. It has nothing to do with this case.

If he was in the shower and she stabbed him first, how did it not get all wet and slippery for "her" also? So confusing

It's not broken. If it were broken a doctor could verify it. No doctor was ever called to the stand to verify it was broken. We have seen no x-rays. Defense knows what happened to that finger. They saw her statement to Flores. Defense knows she lying but act as if they are ignorant of what she told Flores. This is the type of stuff that needs to stop. It's a lie, they know it's a lie and they are permitted to present it in court as the truth. They essentially are lying to the jury. After watching this case what juror in the future would trust a defense attorney.
And honestly, even if the DT presented us with an xray of that finger having an actual break in it, I would never believe that JA didn't break it while in jail to back up her story. Just saying......I can picture her thinking it would be worth a broken finger to avoid a 1st degree conviction.

If I'm understanding correctly CEO is about to be interviewed on Dr Drew... or is it just a trial witness? Someone else?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2
Chris Hughes, Travis's friend from PPL.

If he was in the shower and she stabbed him first, how did it not get all wet and slippery for "her" also? So confusing

I think she had socks on, would make it less slippy

If the DT "expert" is only allowed a day for his testimony, they will be there all night. JW took 3 days with Alyce going over her "experience" before they even mentioned Jodi or Travis. I just don't see how they plan to start closing arguments on Thursday. Between going over this guys CV and the DT objections and approaches there is NO way they will be done by Thursday.

Is the Judge allowing time for Juan to cross-examine this witness? Or will DT run the clock out on the court day?

Was she a defense witness?

I would think she was for the prosecution as she was the friend to go to Cancun...I am sorry and don't mean to make anyone bang their head as to my ignorance in bringing up something that happened early on in the trial. I just cannot find it and am wondering if my dear Mom has it wrong and she did not actually testify in front of the jury. What I really need to know is if the jury heard about the tire slashing, the hacked accounts and her crawling through the doggy door to stay in his home without his knowledge. Thank you and again I am sorry for questioning extremely old testimony but I am spinning in circles over here and making myself batty!

Juan's Rebuttal
Here is a list of some of the things stolen from Jodi's grandparent's house.
#1--CD player with 2 detachable speakers, black in color, three disc changer with cassette and radio-unknown brand.
#2--Magnavox DVD player model number DP100mwbb.
#3--25 caliber automatic pistol 3 to 4 inches long 3 to 4 inches tall.
Black with black grips with a loaded magazine with 7 rounds of jacketed hollow points.
No serial # for pistol.
The gun was very old.
#4--A 20 dollar bill and a 10 dollar bill.

I was thinking it would be great if some how Juan has found out the remote Jodi said she came back and gave to Darrel Brewer was for the DVD player that was stolen from the grandparent's house and Darrel still had it.
That would prove Jodi stole everything from her grandparent's.
Maybe that's a zinger he's saving for the rebuttal and the bombshell of the whole trial.

You know what's wrong with all this?....Flores gave Arias TOO much time to sort things out. In fact, he gave her the Intruder idea on July 15th. Don't get me wrong, I really like Flores but I think he botched things up a bit or at minimum, didn't zero in on her soon enough. Flores started talking with her June 10th. That's a LONG time to get rid of everything including the DVD player that Darryl received in lieu of the gas cans. Both Darryl and Matt knew about the burglary and/or were involved. So Arias probably told Darryl to ditch the remote as early as June 10th.

I mean, this chick had enough time to lie in her own journal so to have continuity in her alibi and innocence.

Then we have the State. The State in essence not only gave Arias 6 weeks to get rid of any incriminating evidence BUT gave Arias 2 years to perfect her new and improved story too. Her 'self defense' story didn't come up until 2010.

I don't know how but I think the State needs to address all this time in Closing, that is essential to all of Arias' stories!

Is the Judge allowing time for Juan to cross-examine this witness? Or will DT run the clock out on the court day?

Of course he is allowed to cross.they are staying all day til they are done even if it is past 5pm per JSS

Especially after she admitted to the killing. It seems when people say fair trial they really mean an obscene amount of pandering to the defense. I don't see that as fair to the "people" who may have to be exposed to a murderess if she's freed.

I like Horace Finklestein.

I wonder if conversations like this go on between JA and her DT:

JW: Calm down Jodi, take this, and these .. we can counter what Dr DeMarte said in closing, I know you don't have BPD .. it's OK .. what colour shall we wear tomorrow...

JA: But it's not faaaaaaaaaair .. I'm not BPD, I'm NOT, I'm NOT!!!! Can't we bring ALV or Dr S back to show where she is WRONG ..

JW: We know she's wrong Jodi, she made a lot of mistakes and is very young, didn't you see my cross? The jury was lapping it up!

KN + JA : *crickets*

JA: We need to bring ALV back .. she's still under subpoena .. can't we, can't we?

KN: Ah no .. we can't talk about her anymore .. I think we should all wear green again, everybody loved that.

JA: What about someone else, what about that friend of hers you were going to use after her and Samuals what about HIM?

KN: Look, it's too late, we have to do it in closing, if we try and bring anyone else in that would be a surrebuttal and there's just no way we'd get one.

JA: What's this about a surrebuttal?

JW: *kicks Nurmi under the table*

JA: I WANT A SURREBUTTAL!!!!!

KN: *kicks himself under the table*

JW: I agree, we should all wear the green again.

KN: Alright, we'll try OK? *mouths 'don't worry, JSS won't let us' to Wilmott*

JW: *mouths 'she better not' to Nurmi*

JA: Yes, the green, everybody loved us in green :)

Is anyone watching Dr D? Chris Hughes giving me chills!

I believe he can only dispute DD's testimony that she believes Jodi suffers from Borderline Personality Disorder. He can only address this issue as it is the only issue defense claimed was "new" information. Another loophole defense has managed to creep through. It should only last a day. I don't think the judge will allow constant repeating as she did during defense presenting their side of the case. So far he can only rebut the BPD. Won't stop defense from trying to get more in but hopefully it will not be allowed.

Does anyone know what day Mimi Hall testified? The only videos I seem to find on YT are one of Mimi sitting there while they are playing the 911 tape and another where the uploader missed 15 minutes of her testimony. My Mom told me she did testify to the tires being slashed, her crawling in through the doggie door and hacking into his accounts...I just need to know if this was done in front of the jury (I thought they were not allowed to have this incredibly important information), I am so confused?!? I have missed soooo much of this trial due to personal 'issues', illness and work, the only reason I know as much as I do is because of all of you wonderful, intelligent folks!!! xoxo tia

I believe it was January 3rd.

I think the answer Jodi gave that bothered me the most, in response to the juror questions, was the one about who had incurred more injuries on June 4th. The juror asked her if she would agree that she walked away relatively unscathed as compared to the litany of injuries Travis received, and they listed the injuries.

It was clear to me, IMHO, the juror was "telling" Jodi they aren't buying her story of Travis being the aggressor.

Jodie's answer: "Well, that's somewhat accurate."

I hope Juan brings that up in closing. Clearly she doesn't see or feel the horrific things she did to Travis. No remorse and no sense of wrong-doing. She's dangerous and should not walk free.

I dunno about anyone else but I really like Chris hughs, he told nurmi how it was when he was on the stand and he was 1 million percent right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member