State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do Kirby vacuums fall in that category? Or door-to-door encyclopedias selling?

Good grief no!

I actually use my Kirby! Couldn't live without!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is striking in that interview is the father never once refers to JA as his daughter. Then, when referring to JA's sister, he says "my daughter" etc. Most parents would have said "my other daughter". It's like he has given up on JA....and did so a long time ago.

Thank you! That's exactly what it was ... He was completely detached.

If that had happened, he would die young anyway as she would suck the oxygen right out of him. Parasitic psychopaths like JA don't know it's in their best interest to keep the host alive for their own survival IMO.

True. I guess he would have lived a little longer...until she witnessed him flirting one too many times.

:seeya: Thanks! I sleep from 11pm-630am everyday.

I'm an on-call shift worker so get random days off. I multi-task ALOT. I normall have about 5 browser tabs open at any given time. Thanks Zuri... I love this place and one of the reasons is because of people like you!

Elleelle, I love some of your posts! OT: Do you ever sleep? I swear you get about 2 hours break before you are back! You are amazing. I enjoy you.:seeya:

Here's a little promo vid for PPL by the Hughes' ..

[video=youtube;O47Vp3lQlA0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O47Vp3lQlA0[/video]

I also think one of the reasons Travis did not stick with Jodi for the long haul was because of the Hughes' influence. They must've gotten a very bad vibe off her.

IMO he couldn't reconcile her with his faith. He felt he needed to marry a virgin. All IMO

Goodnight everyone. We're down to the wire now, 35 hrs and counting.

Look for some surprises to come by Friday.

I believe he dated Jodi once, and she did not go out with him again.

Why is this Abe person on DD every other night? He went on ONE date with Jodi. Media/Camera/ Air Time/ Addict much?

I also think one of the reasons Travis did not stick with Jodi for the long haul was because of the Hughes' influence. They must've gotten a very bad vibe off her.

Nahhh she lied to him, scammed him, stalked him, nobody wants to marry someone like that. :floorlaugh:

I believe defense's case is based on Travis attacking Jodi and she can't remember the stabbings because she has PTSD. That it was not premeditated.

Did they produce any evidence? They can't prove the gun was his, no record. They can't prove the knife was in the bathroom, no proof. They can't prove he attacked her and at least one juror seems to believe it took him awhile to get down the hall because he stopped to pick up the camera. Who believes Travis body slammed her and then allowed her to get up, run down the hall before he decided to chase her. If the gun was his and he wanted to kill her he would have known where the gun was. It just does not make sense. And it doesn't make sense because he let her stay in the home, in his room and obviously was not angry with her. The whole "he attacked me" does not make sense. I think he would have gone for his camera, not her and that is why it's not the truth. It could very well be that Jodi dropped the camera on purpose so he would reach for it and she stabbed him. I seriously believe she did drop the camera but it was planned to catch him off guard.

I believe Jodi's original plan was to get there early enough to catch him before he showered in the morning. A number of things stopped her from killing him early in the day. One of the roommates did not leave until 11:30 and was back with his girlfriend by 3, staying until 4pm. Travis had not slept well the night before and IMI Jodi was also tired so they slept. Looks as if Travis decided to clean the floor before the pictures were taken. Maybe he felt he'd finish whenever Jodi left. I believe it took so long because Travis just would not get into the shower and she had to fake that she was leaving before he decided to shower. Jodi never intended to stay as long as she did or she would have given Ryan a later arrival time saying she'd be stopping to see some friends along the way. jmo

Unfortunately the defense doesn't have to prove anything. The state has to prove its case.

I seldom watch after dark on hln, but I did watch part of it tonight and something the so called defense mentioned was that if this was premeditated, she would not have spent 12 to 13 hours there before killing him. I'm inclined to believe this, but hear me out before throwing the tomatos.

What proof has either side shown (other than the liar's words) that JA was there for that long. If I am not mistaken, one can be at the same location at two different times of the day / night, but leave inbetween those times, even for up to 10 to 12 hours I'm sure. Did JA leave at some point and if so was she waiting to rendezvous with someone? Could she have been formulating a better plan? Go to WM to buy rope? Heck, anything could have happened in those hours preceeding the violent attack on TA.

It's possible that she wasn't there the whole time. Some have speculated that she watched him from a widow on the computer. I don't know if she could have done that without Naps noticing. But they say then she slept in her car and "arrived" some time before the 1pm pictures.

Some think she left after sex and returned after 4pm. I suspect she didn't simply because it's too risky for her to be seen walking through somewhere to get back to her car to to be seen or filmed in a store.

Some think she hid in the house. I don't know about that. I feel Naps would have reacted.

Though this is a theory only, this is what I think caused her to be there so long. I can't get around the fact that she called Ryan and then headed to Travis', so I am going to assume that she thought she could arrive, tell Travis she was stinky from traveling, and get him into the shower with her--or get him into their first while she's "taking so long" to join him. I think she thought she could kill him and leave, only being 5 or so hours late to Ryan.

I think that didn't work because Zach was home and she simply didn't want to risk Zach hearing what could go on in the bedroom. So she had to wait. Being exhausted, no doubt, she fell asleep. They had the sex, another reason to get him in the shower--but he didn't want to apparently. So she showered alone and went downstairs while he cleaned or whatever.

Zach apparently returned, and maybe she hid out upstairs with Travis until Zach left. She then came up with the shower photo idea, and she finally got her way.

There's also the possibility that once she was with Travis, she had second thoughts, but then something--maybe Chris' text from Cancun, maybe something on Travis' computer or phone--triggered her anger again. I could see how Travis treating her well and having sex with her might appease her borderline personality but then she's thrown back the other way by something that transpires during the day.

(I'm not following you, Mrs--promise!-- it's just that your posts are striking me as particularly lucid on this topic ...)

My bold. That's right: Neither Jodi nor Travis was an island or an island of two. Yet, I do not once recall anyone on either side, Jodi's or Travis', or people in their common circle, doing some hand-wringing and asking, "I wonder what I could've done?" or "I felt something was very wrong, but just wasn't sure what to do" or "now I see that there were signs that Jodi/Travis/the relationship was deeply troubled but I didn't recognize them then."

I don't mean to suggest that there was a quick fix, or an easy solution available--but, perhaps some of the damage could've been ameliorated. Yeah: where's the reflection? The critique? The--sorry for this--postmortem of the tragedy itself? It seems that there's something at stake here, and that something is showing up in the smug superiority, priggishness and the minimization of the social conditions which did contribute to the perfect storm.

That's why, to me, the she's-a-raging-sociopath-period as the final analysis is so lacking. She may be just that (though I believe her mental health profile is much more complex) but, at any rate, this summary is the verbal equivalent of dusting off one's hands and drawing one's skirts aside: it makes the whole mess seem hopeless and inevitable.

BBM: Couldn't agree more!!

Not sure, I think there are many possibilities... here is my thought for the time. We know that JA wanted him for herself, so it would make sense to me that if she could have him for herself once more, she would take advantage of that time, and she may have been hoping he would change his mind and take her to cancun.

Also, listening to the recorded sex tape, it is obvious that TA did enjoy her, she was willing to do what many girls don't, especially in his 'circle'. He knew she was trouble, but I don't believe he had any clue that she would go to the extreme of killing him, so being persuaded to 'get down' as JM would say would not surprise me. Maybe she was wearing the maid uniform when she arrived (I'm kidding) I think KN made a copy of that picture

I've read speculation that JA's intent was to engage TA in fornication one final time and then murder him forthwith such that he would have no opportunity to confess and repent before entering eternity.

I.e., she plotted to murder him temporally (bodily) and eternally (spiritually).

:floorlaugh:

Yes, but her aura was already black even before all the lies, stalking, tire slashing obsessions.

Nahhh she lied to him, scammed him, stalked him, nobody wants to marry someone like that. :floorlaugh:

I am not into conspiracy theories...I believe if there was a chance they were from another time the State would have brought it up to the jury. That would be a very important piece of information, critical to the murder. So I trust Juan he wouldn't hide anything.
I completely agree. In fact, when Detective Brown testified about the June 3 photos (Jodi with her newly dyed brown hair) recovered on the Helio phone, JM very specifically asked him if the pics were sent/transferred to the phone from another device or if they had been taken with that particular phone. Detective Brown said forensics showed the pics were taken with that phone based digital imprinting/coding that was specific to the device. Same thing would be true with images recovered from the memory card in Travis's camera. If the sex pictures (or the shower pics for that matter) had been from an earlier time (and taken with Jodi's camera, for example), then the digital imprinting/coding (including type of camera, etc.) would be different than those taken with Travis's camera. A couple of things to remember--Travis purchased the camera after Jodi moved back to Yreka, so the window of time for those pics to have been taken is relatively short. In addition, there were 90 photos unrelated to what happened on June 4 left on the camera. The police would have been able to identify differences/discrepancies between the pics from June 4 and the others.

I do not openly admit being a follower of any of these ridiculous shows (VH1 Reality shows, not HLN).
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH don't tell anybody. :giggle::giggle:

oh, I don't follow those shows. I don't even watch tv, literally. I can't even remember why that case caught my attention on line. Nothing against anyone who does. If I didn't work ft and have the kids and all their stuff maybe I would again. Maybe when I retire :)

I was a Kirby vacuum saleswoman in the mid 90's ! :rocker:

Cleaningkirby.png

So he ditched the broom?

BBM~ There are no traces of Jodi even being in Mesa, let alone trying to find a surveillance cam with her on it. She also darkened hair so no one would recognize her and all they would see would be a "brunette" at Travis', it could be anyone that Travis was dating in Jun/08. ie: Mimi

It's possible that she wasn't there the whole time. Some have speculated that she watched him from a widow on the computer. I don't know if she could have done that without Naps noticing. But they say then she slept in her car and "arrived" some time before the 1pm pictures.

Some think she left after sex and returned after 4pm. I suspect she didn't simply because it's too risky for her to be seen walking through somewhere to get back to her car to to be seen or filmed in a store.

<snip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member