State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the opportunity ( not by choice) to watch all the interrogation videos.

Sad... Not even the detectives saw her for what she was. I found myself screaming at my iPad! No way was she going to confess to anything for anyone's else's sake. Woman detective talked on and on about bringing closure for Travis's parents...eyeroll...her parents, make her look like a caring person. They believed she gave a crap about other people, her soul, her reputation. Ummmm Noooooo!

She's a psychopath. They should have lied to her and told her a confession and remorse would help HER. She have sided with jodi about feeling used and tossed aside because Travis didn't think she was good enough. That the detective would go to bat for her.... Made a show of turning off the recorder. For a little girl power chat.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand what you're saying, but I DO believe that LE have to be very strategic and careful in their "interviews" .. they have to be careful about being perceived as "coehersing" a statement etc. That's the last thing they need on the record ... gives too much toward the accused case.

Not good at explaining this or even understanding the legalities, but I think the interviews were conducted in a very intelligent and strategic way. It was very frustrating for me to watch because I just wanted to blurt out some obvious stuff (questions) ... but ... because she didn't have an attorney .. they had to be careful and not make it seem like they were "forcing" her into a confession. I dunno .. just my opinion ... but I think they did it right. Cuz there is nothing that the defense can derive from these videos to use in their case .. like a cohersed (sp) confession.

At one point she even said something like, "well if I just confessed right now, would it help my case?" ... Flores said something along the lines that we don't want you to do that, if that's not true" ... can't quite remember.

LOL!! :floorlaugh:

Did you notice Skye's smug expression when being interviewed (I think it was 48 hours) it's like she's still proud of herself because of the way she treated Jodi. Guess what .. it's not a good thing .. your friend DIED .. think about it.

That is so unfair....

So glad this trial will finally come to and end this week for many, many reasons............

Do you have a top ten list??

Maybe we need a new thread? Top ten reasons you are glad the JA trial is coming to an end?

My 1st two...

1. JA will never see the light of day.

2. Travis Alexander's family will finally be able to grieve.

Feel free to add more....

Maybe we need a new thread? Top ten reasons you are glad the JA trial is coming to an end?

My 1st two...

3. Not having to listen to Nurmi drone on and on (how did that make you feeeeeeel?)

4. Not having to watch Willmott use her ejector seat for sidebars

I will miss Juan :(

MIKEE DANIELS New Vid, only a hour ago posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Leq_7I4x_UM

sFun_TVtrouble.gif

it is very odd to me that JM hasn't called any of TA's relatives to testify ( unless I missed it or there is more to come.) Havent seen this in any trials I've watched in years that no one in family took the stand............Interesting, imo

My 1st two...

3. women can be and are batterers, i think we all knew....

it is very odd to me that JM hasn't called any of TA's relatives to testify ( unless I missed it or there is more to come.) Havent seen this in any trials I've watched in years that no one in family took the stand............Interesting, imo

Why would they testify in this phase of the trial---what would they have to offer? My understanding is that they had never met Jodi.

Perhaps he shared his struggles to his close friends but to others I believe he wanted to seem perfect. IMO this is very common in religious communities. I understand that he wouldn't want his church community to know he was having sex but pretending to be a virgin supports my claim.

Even his brother thought he was a virgin and bragged about it.

Most people only share their struggles with their close friends. It's human nature to wish to make a favorable impression on those around us.

It was his schtick to be the 30-year-old virgin -- of course he's not going to go around bragging about violating the church doctrine. That does not make him anything other than a normal human.

~bbm

We have no idea whether that's true or not since Deanna herself wouldn't know if it were true or not. That would be like someone saying I'm sure so and so confessed his unclean thoughts to the priest at confession. Just cause you enter a confessional and come out saying a few hail Mary's doesn't mean you confessed to anything -- and the priest ain't talkin' (thankfully! lol)

There's no reason to think that Deanna was lying or that Travis was lying to Deanna about going to his Bishop.

Besides, the way it works is that Deanna going to her Bishop would result in her Bishop consulting with Travis' Bishop about the sexual relations.

At last, Juan's full opening statement on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2i5_OYUMc0&fb_source=message

Gauntlet, THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting that link. That was my first viewing of Juan's opening argument , even though I've followed this case ever since it was first reported in the Arizona Republic.

Ya know, if only the jury could have heard Juan's opening statement, seen the photos from Travis' camera, and seen the 2 days of Flores interrogation I think they could have come to a guilty verdict then and there. Saving 4 months of the jury's time, $2M of taxpayer money, and the unbearable heartache she put the Alexander family through, not to mention Travis' reputation. Such a shame.:twocents:

Probably, the same reason the defendant's family has not been called to the stand. I don't recall them testifying. Nothing to add to this portion of the trial. I'm sure we will see all of them during the penalty/sentencing phase.

Am I the only one that doesn't feel like the trial is going to be over this week? There's still all the sentencing phases and then 12+ years of JA's appeals to go. Maybe this is a table for one.....

ETA -
I don't mean the timings for this week. I expect JSS is going to enforce those. I just meant this feels like just a part for me.

Am I the only one that doesn't feel like the trial is going to be over this week? There's still all the sentencing phases and then 12+ years of JA's appeals to go. Maybe this is a table for one.....

I think the judge will stick to the schedule she set and this will be handed to the jury in the time frame she set. But you're right, the amount of time the jury takes could drag it out, and then if she's convicted, there's the sentencing phase, etc. I'm willing to invest a few more days of YouTube watching (minus sidebars and breaks) to hear the last day of testimony and closing arguments. Then after that, I'll be glad to be done with it. I'll either hear the verdict live or catch it on breaking news. I'm not going to follow it any longer. The only trials I've consistently watched on a day-to-day basis are the CA trial and this one, which I came late into. I just don't have the patience or time to be a trial watcher. I like the crime shows like 48 Hours Mystery where they wrap everything up in one hour - that's more my speed. :biggrin:

I'm watching the new interview with Chris Hughes. I'm feeling so sad. Nothing can bring Travis back. That sweet, beautiful boy with the brightest, kindest smile is no more. No amount of crying and mourning can bring him back.

I'm very emotional...

I think the judge will stick to the schedule she set and this will be handed to the jury in the time frame she set. But you're right, the amount of time the jury takes could drag it out, and then if she's convicted, there's the sentencing phase, etc. I'm willing to invest a few more days of YouTube watching (minus sidebars and breaks) to hear the last day of testimony and closing arguments. Then after that, I'll be glad to be done with it. I'll either hear the verdict live or catch it on breaking news. I'm not going to follow it any longer. The only trials I've consistently watched on a day-to-day basis are the CA trial and this one, which I came late into. I just don't have the patience or time to be a trial watcher. I like the crime shows like 48 Hours Mystery where they wrap everything up in one hour - that's more my speed. :biggrin:
Sorry I wasn't talking about the timings for this week. I expect JSS is going to enforce those timings. I just meant this feels like just a part for me.

Why didn't JM have Chris Hughes as a witness for the State? His experiences with JA are terrifying.

Why didn't JM have Chris Hughes as a witness for the State? His experiences with JA are terrifying.

Well you know they are just somebodies words considered hear say according to the DT unlike jodis word that is holier than thou

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member