State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to really scream at the defense when they bring up Travis flirting and how this went against his religion, etc...I just want to say, "it was HIS religion, it was HIS life." If it was going against his "moral code," then it's HIS OWN MORAL CODE, not anyone else's. What I'm saying is that if there was a conflict b/w what he believed and what he was doing, then it was HIS OWN INTERNAL CONFLICT. I don't see how that would affect anyone except him, so I'm not seeing the big deal in that. Hopefully the jury will see this.

<respectfully snipped>

At first I didn't get your point, but this paragraph brought it home. I'm not Mormon, I'm Catholic, so take the following for what it's worth......Travis wasn't a run-of-the-mill Mormon, he was a Mormon with Temple priviledges.

"Those who desire to enter the temple must be worthy to do so. Keeping God's commandments develops our spirituality by becoming more like Christ. Some of God's commandments include:

Law of Chastity
Law of Tithing
Word of Wisdom"

Most people know we all fall short before God (Believers mainly I guess). We sin, we stumble, we forsake our oaths. No one is a perfect Mormon, a perfect Jew, a perfect Muslim. The DT, oddly, doesn't seem to be aware that the average person understands this and accepts it. heh They are trying to indicate that "he was a 'bad' Mormon, and guess what, he was a bad human too. Figures, huh?"

He was clearly, clearly struggling with his normal, natural carnal desires and his desire to remain chaste until marriage. EVERYBODY gets that. Jodi herself has attested to that, though she claimed she too was struggling, which I doubt.

So dissing him because he was a sinner....epic fail.

I don't think it's necessary for Juan to put on another witness. My thought is that the surrebuttal by the DT reeks of desperation and not to mention Dr. Geffner's rep. I have no doubt Juan will handle him and handle him well on cross.

How ironic the garage code for Travis garage was 0187!!! 187 is POLICE CODE FOR HOMICIDE!! Did Arias make up that code or was that just the code from the manufacturer? Bizarro.

I know this was 50 pages ago but... that's just creepy.

Who was supposed to go to Cancun with Travis? I assume the woman had to take off work, meet or drive with Travis to the airport, etc. Wouldn't she have freaked out and called Police or family when she didn't hear from him the morning of their trip? It seems so odd to me that he wasn't discovered for days.

Ok, so Beth Karas said that now the prosecution wants to put on their own neuropsychologist on the stand. I'm not sure if that's possible but there it is. Jill Hayes.

Gee. Why not find and call their own ME?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just re-watching some of the juror questions to Jodi...at one point I caught her saying "the Law of Attraction...the way I embraced it 4 or 5 years ago...". Did she have a slip-up there or did she just not realize what she was saying? 4 or 5 years ago would have been during the time after the murder and in jail...makes total sense she would adopt this "philosophy" while she was in jail, she would need the positive vibes to convince her she would get out one day. However this would go against everything she was saying about why she didn't write about any of the abuse/pedo in her journals. I don't remember Juan bringing this up or in any future juror questions....just thought this was so interesting and proves she heard about this AFTER the murder, and then got the idea to use this to explain why she didn't write about any of those things.

In case this hasn't been posted yet, the state's got a new supplemental witness list filed (no. 17)

Ok, so Beth Karas said that now the prosecution wants to put on their own neuropsychologist on the stand. I'm not sure if that's possible but there it is. Jill Hayes.

tumblr_inline_mknj1lAJQA1qz4rgp.gif

Also it depends on a person's own perceptions of what's "right" and "wrong." There is no doubt he considered Travis a good friend, but you can be friends with someone and not agree with everything they do. Chris was already married with kids, I don't know he and Sky's history, but I'm assuming they got married young and didn't date a lot of people before. He was at one point in his life, and Travis was at a different point...he was married doing the married thing, Travis was single doing the single thing. Sometimes people in these two different statuses can't really understand the other. But obviously it wasn't a big deal to them, they were still very good friends.

I don't understand why people think it's so strange that a young, successful, outgoing man would flirt with women and flirt with as many women as will flirt back with them. I think this is just normal behavior. Even the sexual jokes on text message is normal for young single guys. There are married guys who do the same thing...which is worse? I can't believe the defense is trying to paint Travis in this light. He did nothing wrong...even if he had been having sex with a couple of the women at the same time (which he wasn't), there are many guys who do that, and he was not married so who is anyone to judge that that would be anything wrong?

I want to really scream at the defense when they bring up Travis flirting and how this went against his religion, etc...I just want to say, "it was HIS religion, it was HIS life." If it was going against his "moral code," then it's HIS OWN MORAL CODE, not anyone else's. What I'm saying is that if there was a conflict b/w what he believed and what he was doing, then it was HIS OWN INTERNAL CONFLICT. I don't see how that would affect anyone except him, so I'm not seeing the big deal in that. Hopefully the jury will see this.

Aa9511,
I hope it's okay to comment on your post. What you just said is so real, so true. Do we even call males "womanizers" anymore? And what about young women who do the same thing? He was single! And men and women have been flirting and lying to one another since the beginning of time!

But remember Deanna's testimony? When she went on a missionary trip, Travis was considerate enough to write to her and tell her he wanted to date other women. I think Lisa D was the only one who thought he was seeing only her, and that was because he didn't want to lose her while he tried to break things off with Jodi, IMO. I also believe he and Jodi discussed this whole dating/sexual thing and she told him she was okay with it. She should have told him the truth and broken up with him. But this is Jodi we are talking about.

And you are correct, married men are the worst, which is very wrong. Again, Travis was single. I think the jury knows he was just normal.

I do have to thank ALV for her term "fluid boundaries". It perfectly explains how my hubby justifies taking up all of our queen size bed while if hover over the side of it on 3 inches of space. But does it explain Jodi? Meh, not so much, in fact, epic fail.

I think all of us have gleaned and adopted some things from this trial. Yes or no, approach, Einstein, fognesia are some of my favorites. Dogs are learning the command Approach as we speak. :)

Who was supposed to go to Cancun with Travis? I assume the woman had to take off work, meet or drive with Travis to the airport, etc. Wouldn't she have freaked out and called Police or family when she didn't hear from him the morning of their trip? It seems so odd to me that he wasn't discovered for days.

Mimi... She's the 911 caller

I've been doing this so long, I have it down to a science. I can cheat ... And alternate stuff so it stays and smells like I've been cleaning daily!

A few tips...

Dump bleach in the toilets.. Quick swish, close the lid.

Spray all window sills and door frame with furniture polish.

Vacuum

Swiffer

Done... 20 minutes tops!

Spray Febreez liberally.

Done... 5 seconds tops!

I wonder if conversations like this go on between JA and her DT:

JW: Calm down Jodi, take this, and these .. we can counter what Dr DeMarte said in closing, I know you don't have BPD .. it's OK .. what colour shall we wear tomorrow...

JA: But it's not faaaaaaaaaair .. I'm not BPD, I'm NOT, I'm NOT!!!! Can't we bring ALV or Dr S back to show where she is WRONG ..

JW: We know she's wrong Jodi, she made a lot of mistakes and is very young, didn't you see my cross? The jury was lapping it up!

KN + JA : *crickets*

JA: We need to bring ALV back .. she's still under subpoena .. can't we, can't we?

KN: Ah no .. we can't talk about her anymore .. I think we should all wear green again, everybody loved that.

JA: What about someone else, what about that friend of hers you were going to use after her and Samuals what about HIM?

KN: Look, it's too late, we have to do it in closing, if we try and bring anyone else in that would be a surrebuttal and there's just no way we'd get one.

JA: What's this about a surrebuttal?

JW: *kicks Nurmi under the table*

JA: I WANT A SURREBUTTAL!!!!!

KN: *kicks himself under the table*

JW: I agree, we should all wear the green again.

KN: Alright, we'll try OK? *mouths 'don't worry, JSS won't let us' to Wilmott*

JW: *mouths 'she better not' to Nurmi*

JA: Yes, the green, everybody loved us in green :)

:floorlaugh:

Oh wow, Jill Hayes is a very beautiful lady.
bio_small.jpg

But I just want this trial to end already. The prosecution's case is so strong, I don't see how any witness the DT can dig up can change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver