State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's how I took it. They want a broader scope, ie crime of passion bs. :facepalm: They know they've got no chance at self-defense, so this is a last ditch effort for the lesser included charge.

Here's the problem!

The DT surrebuttal someone else here said can only touch on issue(s) JM raised during his rebuttal.

Since JM has never said it was a crime of passion, how can the DT request that a new theory be put to the jury?:banghead::stormingmad:

They got their surrebuttal in, JSS needs to bring the hammer down with a loud NO on this recent DT request.

Since everything the DT presented in their opening statements has been blown out of the water, what in the world do you think they could possibly say to the jury in closing? Considering the jury doesn't believe a thing they have said, I am curious

I believe defense's case is based on Travis attacking Jodi and she can't remember the stabbings because she has PTSD. That it was not premeditated.

Did they produce any evidence? They can't prove the gun was his, no record. They can't prove the knife was in the bathroom, no proof. They can't prove he attacked her and at least one juror seems to believe it took him awhile to get down the hall because he stopped to pick up the camera. Who believes Travis body slammed her and then allowed her to get up, run down the hall before he decided to chase her. If the gun was his and he wanted to kill her he would have known where the gun was. It just does not make sense. And it doesn't make sense because he let her stay in the home, in his room and obviously was not angry with her. The whole "he attacked me" does not make sense. I think he would have gone for his camera, not her and that is why it's not the truth. It could very well be that Jodi dropped the camera on purpose so he would reach for it and she stabbed him. I seriously believe she did drop the camera but it was planned to catch him off guard.

I believe Jodi's original plan was to get there early enough to catch him before he showered in the morning. A number of things stopped her from killing him early in the day. One of the roommates did not leave until 11:30 and was back with his girlfriend by 3, staying until 4pm. Travis had not slept well the night before and IMI Jodi was also tired so they slept. Looks as if Travis decided to clean the floor before the pictures were taken. Maybe he felt he'd finish whenever Jodi left. I believe it took so long because Travis just would not get into the shower and she had to fake that she was leaving before he decided to shower. Jodi never intended to stay as long as she did or she would have given Ryan a later arrival time saying she'd be stopping to see some friends along the way. jmo

From some of the appeal articles pertaining to this expert I highly doubt that Jodi would have received an appeal based on him bc

a. This expert is unqualified to testify about anything other than DV,
b. There was NO new information that DD testified to,
c. The DT had this expert's opinion for over a year prior to the trial so they
were very aware of what DD's expert opinion was
d. At this point of the trial any testing/questioning/interviewing done would be
so contaminated, adulterated that the experts opinion would be invalidated
e. There is legal documentation of sanctions against this expert regarding his
ethics and credibility

JSS, IMO, clearly had sufficient knowledge to deny this motion.

But, I will enjoy watching JM deal with this expert and JW's reactions!:fence:

BBM

It's being said that the diagnosis of borderline personality disorder was "new", and that's the basis upon which the surrebuttal was granted.

I wish JSS didn't grant it, but it will be enjoyable watching JM tear that witness to pieces. :facepalm:

Pete ‏@halftag 1m

Wilmott underestimated her opening statement. She said the million dollar ? is... Should've been the 2 million dollar ? is..... #JodiArias

Oh man. My unpleasant feelings toward ALV have just multiplied.
She needs to stfu; how dare she is all I can say.
She is somehow qualified to say that someone who makes a dumb parody video "will burn".
Ugh.
Disgust has transformed into burning hatred.

How many of you think the jury already as their minds made up
With the jury just days away from being given the case for deliberation, I can't imagine that each person doesn't have an opinion about which way he or she is leaning after four months of testimony. They've also had the opportunity to ask questions of the witnesses, which by and large seemed to indicate significant skepticism about the defense's claims of self-defense/DV/PTSD/the fog. One of the first things jurors often do when they get a case is to take a poll to see where the group stands before getting down to serious deliberations. I feel confident the 12 that are seated will do the same. I don't think it will take them more than a day (if that) to reach a verdict.

How many of you think the jury already as their minds made up

I for one think they do. I think the jury knows exactly what is going on by the questions that are being asked. Even if it was only one person asking the questions....at least the questions are being clarified for the rest of the jury. And the jury (like we have) has been attending/watching the trial and the way Mr. Martinez has presented the case..............My prediction.....I personally think she will get DP.

It doesn't matter to me who does the DT closing argument. More than JW's irritating voice and KN's "let me take 2 hours to say one thing" style of lawyering, listening to the DT's pile of bs for hours on end just will not happen with me.

Here's the problem!

The DT surrebuttal someone else here said can only touch on issue(s) JM raised during his rebuttal.

Since JM has never said it was a crime of passion, how can the DT request that a new theory be put to the jury?:banghead::stormingmad:

They got their surrebuttal in, JSS needs to bring the hammer down with a loud NO on this recent DT request.

The only thing the defense witness can talk about is anything new that was introduced in the rebuttal (the BPD diagnosis by Dr. DeMarte). He can also refute the test results since it was the tests that determined the diagnosis. As for the defense filing for additional testimony, I'm not sure what else they could ask for. The judge gave them an inch, now they want a mile.

That's how I took it. They want a broader scope, ie crime of passion bs. :facepalm: They know they've got no chance at self-defense, so this is a last ditch effort for the lesser included charge.

Can JM point this out in closing? Probably not, but I think the jury would smell the DT's desperation if he could...

Nurmi will keep mentioning one thing after another that happened between Jodi and Travis. After each one he will ask the jury, "And how do you THAT made Jodi feel?"

No, it appears this was filed today. JSS will throw it out. :please:

Right. The "doctor" that is being brought in to dispute BPD was the subject of the filing days ago. Is this filing for a different witness?

Seems every time the DT asks for something, it is granted by JSS. And, it's always said that she has to because it's a death penalty case and she doesn't want it to come back on appeal. Ok....but, is there an end to it? I'm not seeing one. Maybe all judges do this and I just missed it happening in all of the other death penalty cases I've watched....

She is somehow qualified to say that someone who makes a dumb parody video "will burn".
Ugh.

She's not very bright to put that on Twitter knowing that just by her making that comment everyone will check it out to see what it is about. Time for her to retire.

How can anyone listen to Willmott's OS after the first two sentences - JA was FORCED to kill Travis Alexander; We will find out WHY she was FORCED to kill him. IMO, Juan has made such a laughing stock out of the preposterous claims of the DT - they would be better off not presenting a Closing! They need to throw themselves at the mercy of this jury and BEG for LWOP! I have never seen a Defendant who is more deserving of the DP tha this vile, evil wretch! Not an ounce of remorse - why should the jury spare her life???

Ugh.

Wow, ALV using social media to express her disgust at something she feels is wrong?

The hypocrisy here is laughable!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members