State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who has ever truly experienced or been in the presence of "evil" knows exactly what Chris Hughes is talking about...it's palpable!

I had a ex girlfriend who was "evil"(mind games/stalking). My dog sensed it big time would growl and snap at her..it never did it to another person in my life that came around (family and friends..and other girlfriends I dated afterwards)... My friends sensed it to but they weren't as open to me as Travis's friends were to him. Guess my friends didn't want to make me madand I probably wouldn't of listened to them.

Makes me wonder how Napolean acted around Jodi..if he sensed her evilness

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubiably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

Thank you for your insightful and informative post.

This is part of what the judge said to Janson during the sentencing in the Jason Young trial. Wouldn't it be wonderful to hear JS say something similar?

"The evidence suggests the assailant was overcome by anger and rage," Stephens said. "This woman wasn't just murdered. She suffered a beating the likes of which we seldom see," he added. "The assailant struck her over 30 times with a weapon of some sort, and she was undoubtedly unconscious after the second or third blow. But it would appear that the evidence suggests the assailant continued to beat her until he was exhausted. Only then did he stop beating her, because he didn't have the strength to strike her anymore."

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/03/06/1908494/young-greets-guilty-verdict-with.html#storylink=cpy

On the second snoop, it was time to go, and to be told to go, especially if they were so scared.

They would have thought she was gone and felt safe. But she would have still been lurking in the darkness. She is a stalker. Imo

I think that was the idea though - they were under the impression he was alone and took that opportunity to address their concerns with him. It was really late at night and JA had already gone to bed in a downstairs bedroom. They thought she was sleeping. It's not like they had a powwow at the kitchen table within earshot of her bedroom. They were in the Hughes' upstairs bedroom with the door shut. Under those circumstances, I don't think it was improper for them to take that opportunity to pull TA aside to talk.

Being the snoop that she is, JA crept upstairs for what reason I don't know. But when she heard them talking, she should have respected his privacy by going back downstairs, and she certainly shouldn't have been eavesdropping outside the door. That's really creepy and intrusive. It really fits her profile of a stalker as well. And after being busted once, you'd think she would have been embarrassed by her actions, but not JA - she is not the type who gets embarrassed (think sleeping under Christmas tree, etc.). So what does she do? She goes right back upstairs again and continues to invade his privacy, just like how she snooped in his cell phone / email accounts.

No wonder the Hughes' were freaked out. I really think I would have grabbed by kids and put them in my bed for the night. They probably didn't sleep to well. I don't blame Mrs. Hughes for kicking her butt out the door the next day and telling her not to come back. They had her pegged.
I can't believe that people are so concerned about Jodi's feelings in this situation, when it just reinforces the stalking behaviour she has engaged in all her life. Not only is she a stalker and murderer, she is a terrible houseguest too!!!!! If they would have kicked her out in the middle of the night (when all this eavesdropping was all going down), the Hughes would be called all sorts of things for throwing 'poor' Jodi out in the street with no place to go. The Hughes are not on trial here. :banghead:

Respectfully snipped for space.

Great post. Thank you so much for sharing. Please send my best wishes to the Hughes family. I think they are great people.

i second that.
i actually think they come across as nice people

I understand that it must be difficult for anyone related to or friends with anyone involved with a crime/trial that is discussed here, but I think there is an inherent risk when those so very closely involved read public forums. No matter who you believe there are going to be things posted that will strike a nerve to be sure.
No one here attacks or trashes. That is not permitted by the owner, admins or mods. If this forum seems harsh, I strongly recommend no one ever search out other sites. This is an open forum where we are allowed to share our feelings openly as long as we follow the rules. Unfortunately, there are going to be some posts that are not supportive of all sides.
When I post, I try very very hard to not respond to the poster, only the post. But I do appreciate that I am allowed to post my thoughts and feelings honestly. All are welcome here and that is incredible to me also.
I never intend to offend anyone. Well, TBO, I have posted some very strong digs at JA, and I'm not sorry. But I post honestly.
With that in mind, I never wish to feel censored other than by the rules of the forum.
Just like in local newspapers, some often wonder why families read the forums there, and then are very upset by some of the things they read there. It's not an easy thing to do.
I am so glad that the Hughes were spoken so highly of by someone who knows them personally.
We all have many questions and there won't be any answers to some of them.

Lovely, I bow to you Beach.

It's in our differing opinions and conversations that we all learn.

I agree with you. I dont think there was anything wrong with talking to Travis while they thought she slept. I have a sister who managed to push every family member away. I was one of the first to cut her off. I understand whats its like to have someone who is evil around. You get rid of them as fast as you can. Remember the look in jodis eyes when JM was questioning jodi about the gas receipts? Thats the look I would see in my sisters eyes when she realizes I was onto her. My mother died in Feb 2012. We could not bury her until until Nov 2012. My sister even blocked my mothers burial. In other words, there are some things that just cant wait or be handled by phone.

Deedee, sounds like you had a terrible situation--very sorry to hear that. I see myself as a rational and thoughtful human being who has many flaws, so sometimes when I see posts that seem impulsive and with little to no consideration of the facts it is very hard for me to reflect before speaking. With that said, I find it grossly irresponsible to make judgements and assumptions without supportive evidence or thoughtful introspection.

The truth is that none of us knows the reason for the Hughes' decision to address the issue that night and quite frankly what does it matter. Whatever prompted them to make that decision is irrelevant, they felt strongly enough (as evidenced by his statements) to do so when they did. What was stated factually by Mr. Hughes was that they were fearful, that they saw something that disturbed them, and that they wanted to communicate their concerns to their friend. Furthermore, none of us knows what JA did to prompt this fear and concern. The how and where of the situation was their choice based on their perception of the situation and how they choose to handle their business.

With that said from a totally subjective view (IMO)---the choice to talk to their friend about JA was in my eyes a loving and protective act toward a friend and for their own family. And they can do this whenever and however they see fit. Finally, JA had the option to knock on the door and address whatever she wanted to but instead she chose to violate the privacy and space of other people and that is not okay. So this is the long and short of it: there are times that warrant addressing sensitive concerns about something in privacy there is nothing inherently dishonest about that but it is never warranted to eavesdrop and invade people's privacy which is decidedly dishonest.

I had a ex girlfriend who was "evil"(mind games/stalking). My dog sensed it big time would growl and snap at her..it never did it to another person in my life that came around (family and friends..and other girlfriends I dated afterwards)... My friends sensed it to but they weren't as open to me as Travis's friends were to him. Guess my friends didn't want to make me madand I probably wouldn't of listened to them.

Makes me wonder how Napolean acted around Jodi..if he sensed her evilness
I hope he 'marked his territory' on her belongings every chance he got. :floorlaugh:

ok, i knew about this guy for the defense. i was asking if JM has really asked to have another witness rebut HIM. surely not, right? please say no.

He has. But I'm sure he won't take long at all. After this NO MORE I say!

I remained silent as I read pages upon pages of disparraging remarks against Chris and Sky Hughes, but I can no longer keep to myself.

I have developed a relationship with Chris and he is one of the most caring, concerned, helpful and compassionate people I have ever had the fortune of getting to know.

To claim that the Hughes are somehow hungry for their own fame and glory in regards to this trial is blatantly false. Chris swore he would NOT speak to anyone until the trial was over. While I was surprised when he told me he was doing the Dr. Drew show, I was glad he was. Both Chris and Sky are in AZ now...they rented a house for a month so they could support Travis' family during these last few days of testimony and also to wait with them for a verdict. While Chris was NOT under subpoena, Sky was until just a couple of days ago. It took Wilmott two days to answer Sky's inquiry as to whether or not she could be released from her subpoena.

Chris was the executor of Travis' estate. Everyone knew how important the friendship was between the Hughes and Travis. They only did 48 Hours to talk about their friend.

Chris WAS scared for Travis...he DID try reaching him. He DID reach out to friends in the Phoenix area to do a safety check on Travis. For those on this forum who pretend to know HOW they'd react if they were in the same situation, YOU HAVE NO IDEA what you would actually do!

Chris, Sky and all other players in this nightmare are forever changed. When a few days passed between our communications, imagine my surprise when the local police showed up at my home to perform a welfare check on me! Yes, Chris had contacted them. Since Travis' death, they no longer can "wait" to find out why a person (like myself) may have gone off the grid.

The Hughes are wonderful people. There's nothing insincere or phony about either of them. People ridiculed Sky for "grinning" while she was both on 48 Hours and also on the witness stand. She was nervous! There are people whose mouths are always in an apparent frown....Sky's mouth always has a hint of a smile. It's her facial features, and NOT something sinister or manipulative!

While I understand we are all entitled to our opinions, I cannot stand judgement against people who others have never met, encountered, etc.

As for the Travis Alexander Legacy Fund, this is something very near and dear to NOT ONLY Chris, but also to Travis' family and friends. Having witnessed their most loved Travis being cast as a pedophilic sexual deviant domestic violence perpetrator has served as a motivation to bring Travis' reputation back to that of the honorable, decent, kind, generous, motivated man Travis actually was. Chris has asked me to be on the board...and I can assure all of you that Chris has no intention of taking ANY salary or monies from this fund for personal gain. It's offensive to claim otherwise.

Please be mindful as you trash Chris (and indubiably Sky after tonight's episode of Dr. Drew) that the Hughes have friends on this forum and your statements are highly offensive and hurtful to those of us who know, love and respect them.

Thank you.

Thank you for not remaining quiet any more!! Your post brought tears to my eyes and I am so glad you spoke up and stated all the good about the Hughes. It was much needed!

ITA.. its becoming more like.. I Need a Re-do... my last two witnesses sucked so bad

I wish tomorrow was the start of closing arguments

There'd probably have already been a verdict by now if it wasn't for all this surrebuttal non sense.

Beth Karas InSession ·
about an hour ago ·

The sealed hearing in Arias is finished. Court resumes tomorrow at noon ET/9:00 am in Phoenix for the final testimony from psychologist Robert Geffner for the defense and, possibly, psychologist Jill Hayes for the State. Closing arguments are scheduled for Thursday and Friday. #JodiArias

thanks!! i just hope we get done tomorrow. the judge should stick to what she told the jury. i even hope JM dismantles this new hired gun so badly he doesn't call dr. hayes. enough already. why would the jury believe some last minute, hired gun psychologist's opinion over that of dr. horn, who's conducted thousands of autopsies? that's ridiculous.

sounds to me like they couldn't find an ME to refute dr. horn, so they're trying to use this clown for something he's not even qualified to testify about. and i'm sure JM will make that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay