State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree; the DT is kinda forced to but I've often wondered why JM even bothers to address anything she claims, except perhaps that he has been letting her set up lies under oath and using the evidence to refute them. I've been worried that taking any of them at face value - and repeating them even if only to refute them only validates them as a possibility. Like trying to enact that absurd closet scene that never could have happened. To me, the actual evidence, forensic and otherwise, paints the only relevant picture. But allowing her to set up yet another ridiculous lie in the presence of the jury may actually be an effective tactic because it's patently apparent that her story under oath is just more mendacious muck.

Perhaps the entire sextape conversation is in evidence and they just cut out the irrelevant parts - I'd imagine the pros vetted them for validity, time, etc. I'm one of those people who think whatever their sex life was or wasn't is incredibly irrelevant other than the fact the DT wants to use juror prurience to alienate them from the victim. Personally, I think Travis sounds bored and sleepy in them; she seems to be running the show. Certainly there is nothing on them that would hint TA is an abusive person in the least.

And frankly, even if he were - who in their right mind would believe that an "abused" woman would - months after breaking up with an abusive person - stealthily drive 1000+ miles (even more prepared for violence than the Astronut chick)to track him down like a dog and murder him in such a cruel, rage-filled way? Nothing - nothing about the scene they found remotely suggests self-defense, and nothing about her subsequent behavior would suggest it either. I'm just hoping that jury is as skeptical as the rest of us here are and take her lies in court as adding insult to injury to a victim that did not deserve either assassination of either body or reputation.
She admitted on the stand that one of the sexual text exchanges was because she was bored on a long road trip, they were goofing off, texting back and forth, trying to one up one another with how explicit they were being. I think that tells the story, in whole. She liked that kind of talk, introduced him to it, encouraged it, so when dealing with her he gave her what she wanted. No way in the world was she abused. I loved that ALV admitted that Jodi never once claimed to her that she felt sexually humiliated by Travis, but rather she was an active participant in the sex games, etc.
That one sentence, albeit unknowingly, undid all 18 days of Nurmi trying to get Jodi to relay that she was so humiliated by Travis, sexually. Her own words are her undoing. While she looked down, embarrassed about Travis wanting to ejaculate on her face while Nurmi was questioning her......we later see the text where she ASKS for a "well deserved spanking and a nice facial".

One cannot ask for it, encourage it, and then later claim to be humiliated by it. The jury did not just fall of the turnip truck. Her entire testimony was an act and I do not think the jury bought it for one second. :floorlaugh:

Why didn't Dr. Drew allow CH to give us the answer to: what is reason for the email and with that, put it into context for us? He cut him right off and one would think that Dr. Drew would know that was the reason we were watching. Maybe it was to have Skye explain that tonight? Anyway, It was very annoying! I was watching the second airing (got home late, missed the first) and since I waited to watch and I have work early today I was more than mildly PO'd.

After watching HLN After Dark last night, I walked away wondering how Judge Larry Seidlin ever got be to a judge ... really, to criticize JM for OVER-TRYING this case ????

Probably, the same reason the defendant's family has not been called to the stand. I don't recall them testifying. Nothing to add to this portion of the trial. I'm sure we will see all of them during the penalty/sentencing phase.

By law, the state may not present victim's character evidence in this stage of the trial. However, we will hear from them, loud and clear, soon.

Sadly, Travis' family has been working on their victim's statements they are to present to the jury. Can you even imagine? Please pray for their continued courage and grace. It is humbling just watching them.

The perfect illustration of this is alone in the interrogation room, she looks up and says " I still beat you. Brat." You just can't make this stuff up!

Your post reminds me of a show about how criminals got to be the way they are.

One theory was that many of them have brain damage, and this may be the case for JA. Her immaturity and complete lack of contact with reality, in some situations, make me think she was dropped on her head - hard - at some point. :twocents:

I love her.

Oh, man, she was on FIRE yesterday! An aunt had loaned a niece a car for six months. The niece had neglected to get the car, during that time, an updated registration, had not gotten it "smogged," per California law (which you need for the registration), and the car was impounded.

The aunt sued, and Judge Judy made the niece pay her for the car's value. I have never seen her so mad, since this woman had been so generous and kind as to lend a car for months - for nothing - and have the nerve to get the car impounded, and then say "Too bad, so sad" to the aunt when she complained about that.

I didn't have the whole story at the beginning, and wondered if JJ was just getting senile and that made her overreact, but, by the end, it was plain that she was very much justified (no pun intended)! :rockon:

BBM

:seeya: Morning Alexander family fan! Can you direct me to the interrogation tape that contains this statement by Jodi? I'd just got to hear this - TIA!

Here ya go, it's around the 30:00 mark
[video=youtube;u5lGJ72SQBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5lGJ72SQBM&list=PLrAJFqIjBGeBWQ8jumn4nJ92njqRQwm0k[/video]

Samuels stated Arias is personality-disordered. The DT ( why am I starting to think that acronym stands for Death Team?!) knew this; JSS needn"t have approved surrebuttal based on " new testimony." Further, she can strictly limit the scope if testimony---and should. But she is doing her best to avoid reversal on appeal.

Fortunately, if the witness is who we think he is, JM will have NO trouble discrediting him. We'll see another career in its dotage ending poorly.

You are so right. Isn't it true sir you have been sanctioned for your testimony in other cases, such as .....and judge's have opined that your testimony should be discarded in such cases as
a through z? Do you have any idea sir, what happened to Mrs. Lenore Walker that Jennifer was so adamant questioning Dr. DeMarte about? We don't see her here today, right?
and isn't the real reason you are here is that ALV is your longtime speaking engagement partner, partner on documentaries, where she falsely claimed to be a psychologist, and your longtime dear friend that you feel sorry for after she was so discredited on the stand recently?

I know the jury will have to hold back the church giggles at Mr. Johnny Come Lately witness. A friend of ALV....that is the ONLY person they could get to take the stand and endorse her behavior? Well....isn't that special? The only thing missing is Samuels' grandmother saying he was a good kid.

After watching HLN After Dark last night, I walked away wondering how Judge Larry Seidlin ever got be to a judge ... really, to criticize JM for OVER-TRYING this case ????

he got emotional involved in the ANS case. which makes everything he says useless. a judge crying is what he is remembered for.

You are so right. Isn't it true sir you have been sanctioned for your testimony in other cases, such as
a
b
c
and judge's have opined that your testimony should be discarded in such cases as
a through z? Do you have any idea sir, what happened to Mrs. Lenore Walker that Jennifer was so adamant questioning Dr. DeMarte about? We don't see her here today, right?
and isn't the real reason you are here is that ALV is your longtime speaking engagement partner, partner on documentaries, where she falsely claimed to be a psychologist, and your longtime dear friend that you feel sorry for after she was so discredited on the stand recently

I know the jury will have to hold back the church giggles at Mr. Johnny Come Lately witness. A friend of ALV....that is the ONLY person they could get to take the stand and endorse her behavior? Well....isn't that special? The only thing missing is Samuels' grandmother saying he was a good kid.

As much as I would love that to happen, I don't think it will. All of that isn't relevant to the case. Yes, the cases are similar but not directly linked to this case. I believe the door will need to open before JM can walk down that road.

Sure hope I'm wrong.

The photo of Jodi's bottom is time stamped 1:44:00
Pic of Travis time stamped 1:44:50

50 seconds. They were naked in the same room, less than one minute apart

Melendez testified he removed the memory stick himself from the camera.
Conner did find the camera in the washer. It was packaged with a power cord that was used to test the camera. The memory stick was packaged separately because it had been used by Mesa PD to get incriminating evidence on the person who murdered Travis.
There's no conspiracy here IMO

BBM

Could Travis have gotten into bed and lying down in under 50 seconds? He'd have had to in order to take that pic of her bum and then JA take that pic of him looking near asleep 50 seconds later.

Something isn't right here.

It must be hard for them. They have to have many regrets. "If we had only......." Haven't we all been there at one time or another? I truly think they were duped by defense and they bought it until they started putting two and two together. We can see posters here who believed some of the things defense has said so it's not a stretch to think the Hughes were also taken in. Not once but three. Once when Nurmi lied to them about those letters and again when they had to testify in their hearings, then a third time when ALV interpreted them as saying Travis was abusive because he flirted with other women.
Well, I didn't believe a word of any of JA's stories from the time I saw the 48hrs episode when it originally aired. Didn't take hindsight to know she was full of BS.

It seems jodis fauxg is contagious...mark Bridger (april jones trial) claims he doesnt know what he did with her after he put her in his car.

Do these people who claim they were in a fog actually believe it will work :facepalm:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using Tapatalk 2

A question. this man that is going to testify did he see ALV and RS and Dr marte testify? I am sure he followed what was said since he is a friend of ALV. how can he testify after watching the state and DT testimony.?

A question. this man that is going to testify did he see ALV and RS and Dr marte testify? I am sure he followed what was said since he is a friend of ALV. how can he testify after watching the state and DT testimony.?

Well of course he will claim he hasn't watched any of the trial because he is so righteous and not a liar unlike the jury according to nurmi :sigh:

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

What is the significance, if any, of Jodi making 3 separate bank deposits before leaving on her journey to kill Travis? Any theories as to how this might tie into premeditation? Seems odd.

Oh, man, she was on FIRE yesterday! An aunt had loaned a niece a car for six months. The niece had neglected to get the car, during that time, an updated registration, had not gotten it "smogged," per California law (which you need for the registration), and the car was impounded.

The aunt sued, and Judge Judy made the niece pay her for the car's value. I have never seen her so mad, since this woman had been so generous and kind as to lend a car for months - for nothing - and have the nerve to get the car impounded, and then say "Too bad, so sad" to the aunt when she complained about that.

I didn't have the whole story at the beginning, and wondered if JJ was just getting senile and that made her overreact, but, by the end, it was plain that she was very much justified (no pun intended)! :rockon:

Can you imagine Judge Judy with this case?:floorlaugh:

I think he has been consulting with ALV/DT all along.

Nonetheless, the fact that he evaluated JA 5 years after the fact, after JA has had a library of books and magazines all relating to DV and phycology, after JA has listened to experts opinions (strong and weak points), after JA has been in jail and got lot's of advise from her fellow inmates etc, etc, etc. I still do not understand how in the world this can be permitted. I had asked if there was a precedent for this or is this starting a precedent?

I still don't know.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member