State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
BBM

No, it takes one to hang the jury and retry her. She ain't walkin' IMO.

:please:

I know that show is just a colliseum format and salicious and stupid, however, I would like to point out that NONE of those 'juries' deliberate, they simply vote. This jury is going to deliberate, and if any of the jurors are leaning 'not guilty' the rest of the group is going to work hard to help the other juror(s) to consider facts that lead uniquivocally to Guilty of Murder in the 1st degree.

Not sure if any of you out there saw the "HLN After Dark" show last night. The mock trial for the in-studio jury was "DID JODI ARIAS COMMIT 1st DEGREE MURDER?"

In summary 11 out of 12 jurors voted Guilty. 1 juror voted "not guilty", and as everybody knows, that's all it takes for Ms. Arias to walk...

The one juror that did not vote Guilty agreed with a premise that was created by the "dream team" of defense experts. Their assertion is that because Jodi spent 14 hours at Travis' house, even though she may have intended to murder him, this timeline shows that she had the opportunity to kill immediately, but changed her mind. Then...something happened that led to an argument, fight, his death, etc.... Based on this assertion, the defense argued that 1st Degree Murder can be taken out of consideration if there is evidence that the person changed their mind.

I sure as hell hope the defense team in this case does not try to pull a stunt like this to confuse the jurors.

BBM

That is not accurate. That is a hung jury. She does NOT walk. HLN is entertainment as well, and taking anything they do seriously is a mistake. But for the sake of argument, we'll play along.

That juror needs a lesson on premeditation. It doesn't need to happen over months, weeks or even hours. It can happen in seconds. What they've proposed here is a breakdown in understanding that concept. Her contemplation of the knife and decision to look for it, then use it IS premeditation. Doesn't matter if she was there for 12 hours or twelve seconds.

In addition, the State doesn't even need the first version of events to pop her with 1st degree. After the first stab, she was no longer a welcome guest in TA's home. She continued to assault and eventually kill him, not in self-defense as we've seen in spades, which equals felony murder.

Flower, I agree 100%, the truth is the truth and it shouldn't ever be shaded.

Here is my confusion about the emails back and forth from Travis and the Hughes....I would like to know the date of that email, because at some point I came to understand that they were written BEFORE Travis even started officially dating her. Does anyone know the date of those emails?
It's also possible that warning Jodi about Travis being a womanizer/player was an attempt to scare her off/get rid of her, not because they cared about Jodi in any way. In fact, it's clear that they deemed Jodi unfit for Travis way before he did, didn't like her and wanted her gone. When scaring her off didn't work, the Hughes moved on to Plan B.

Can anyone decipher this please? TIA!
(and what does the "LOW" signify?)

4/29/2013 LOW - List Of Witnesses/Exhibit/Evidence - Party (001) 4/30/2013

LOW means list of witnesses as it says following

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Not sure if any of you out there saw the "HLN After Dark" show last night. The mock trial for the in-studio jury was "DID JODI ARIAS COMMIT 1st DEGREE MURDER?"

In summary 11 out of 12 jurors voted Guilty. 1 juror voted "not guilty", and as everybody knows, that's all it takes for Ms. Arias to walk...

The one juror that did not vote Guilty agreed with a premise that was created by the "dream team" of defense experts. Their assertion is that because Jodi spent 14 hours at Travis' house, even though she may have intended to murder him, this timeline shows that she had the opportunity to kill immediately, but changed her mind. Then...something happened that led to an argument, fight, his death, etc.... Based on this assertion, the defense argued that 1st Degree Murder can be taken out of consideration if there is evidence that the person changed their mind

Let's please keep this in mind, and hope everyone in that courtroom does too, including Juan and the jurors - We all know that Jodi turned her phone off, used gas, cans flipped her license plate, etc. to avoid detection. What has been one of the most basic vital factors to avoiding detection when travelling "off the grid" since the inception of time??

The timing of this murder in no way shape or form should absolve Jodi of 1st degree murder charges. In fact, IMO it further goes to premeditation. I hope this hits home with the jury this weekend.

Respectfully snipped by me. If you listen to Beth Kara's on Tricia's radio show this past Sunday, she speaks to the charges and what would happen if...

IIRC, in the scenario from HLN, JA would not walk, but would be guilty of the lesser charge. If not 100 % guilty of premeditated murder, it would go to 2nd degree.

LOW = List of Witnesses, most likely related to the upcoming aggravation/penalty phases of the trial.

So......what does this do to JS's new FIRM timeline of the jurors getting the case on Fri??

Sounds to me like she only has ONE ball, and she already used it.

It's also possible that warning Jodi about Travis being a womanizer/player was an attempt to scare her off/get rid of her, not because they cared about Jodi in any way. In fact, it's clear that they deemed Jodi unfit for Travis way before he did, didn't like her and wanted her gone. When scaring her off didn't work, the Hughes moved on to Plan B.

Bingo! That is the only scenario that makes sense. If they actually believed he mistreats women, why would they remain such close friends. CH also made the point that he used the word 'abuse' ONCE, and in fact retracted the use of that word in later emails during the exchange.

Not sure if this has been posted. Arizona Supreme Court DENIES JA's request to set aside the option of a death sentence

The one juror that did not vote Guilty agreed with a premise that was created by the "dream team" of defense experts. Their assertion is that because Jodi spent 14 hours at Travis' house, even though she may have intended to murder him, this timeline shows that she had the opportunity to kill immediately, but changed her mind. Then...something happened that led to an argument, fight, his death, etc.... Based on this assertion, the defense argued that 1st Degree Murder can be taken out of consideration if there is evidence that the person changed their mind

Sadly, the HLN prosecution team had no answer for this.

I sure as hell hope the defense team in this case does not try to pull a stunt like this to confuse the jurors.

Let's please keep this in mind, and hope everyone in that courtroom does too, including Juan and the jurors - We all know that Jodi turned her phone off, used gas, cans flipped her license plate, etc. to avoid detection. What has been one of the most basic vital factors to avoiding detection when travelling "off the grid" since the inception of time??
TRAVELING UNDER THE COVER OF DARKNESS

For Jodi to arrive at Travis' house at 4:00 AM, she would have left the Pasadena, CA area at approximately 10:00 PM (shortly after nightfall). And anyone that has lived in Arizona in June knows, the sun rises by 5:00 AM. She used this small 7-8 hour window of darkness to make her murder trip to Travis' house.

If Travis was killed close to 6:00 PM on June 4th, this allowed Jodi just enough time to put his body back in the shower, clean herself up, change her clothes, collect the murder weapons, dispose the camera, try to clean the scene, etc. All of this would have taken approximately 2 hours IMO. Sunset on June 4th, 2008 in Mesa, AZ was approximately 7:34 PM. Perfect timing for Jodi's getaway.

The timing of this murder in no way shape or form should absolve Jodi of 1st degree murder charges. In fact, IMO it further goes to premeditation. I hope this hits home with the jury this weekend.

The show is a complete farce. Has there been a "jury" on that show that was in complete agreement? They only get 10 minutes to decide. All the prosecution had to say on that show was, "it only takes one minute to premeditate murder". The fact she waited hours to do it shows premeditation and cold calculation.

Frontal lobe.

The way I understand it ... It's not the damage from the path as much as the explosion going off inside the skull...IMO it's like an m80 in a mailbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0.25 in ballistic gel - also note the waves at the bottom, all of which cause micro stretch and tear damage to brain tissue.
ETA: late again posting, lol. Kudos to the other WSer who posted one first.
25ACP Speer 35gr Gold Dot impacting ballistic gelatin ( 42,000 frames/sec ) ! - YouTube

This reminds me of when I was dating somebody for about five months and then broke it off. He went to my friends and said why did she break it off were good together.

My friends that said if she (me) had been dating you for 5 month and has not slept with you ...did that not send you a message!

Yup! :giggle:

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Beth Kara's said on Tricia's radio show that premeditation could be in the moment if JA had time to reflect. The fact that 2 weapons were used she had to switch at some point so there was time to reflect. Regardless of where the knife was or the gun was, the gas cans, deceptive actions etc indicate premeditation. I really really hope the jury gets this.

Exactly my point. Why argue shot first if the ME can not say with absolute certainty? Let's say shot first ... Premed by stealing the gun as opposed to borrowing it... she planned to shoot him ... So.. he survives the shot and B**** has to abandon the gun ...leave the area to get the knife ... she has to go PAST the GD exit sign .. and go BACK to where he was ALREADY BLEEDING to death to finish him off... Why get caught up in semantics .... ?

I think she and her brother didn't know the new defense claim, so they had no idea Travis was being dragged through the mud. I also think their brother's suicide still affects her quite deeply (I believe it occurred around the time of her arrest).

Yes, it was the day of Jodi's arrest. I read on Jose Mcyntire's twitter that the young man, Mr. Freeman that took his own life left a suicide note detailing that he had been molested as a child and now was having weird thoughts he wanted to get out of his mind, and that he would rather die than ever hurt a child. After his death his family started a charity to help other victims of abuse struggling with their confusion over this and their adult sexuality. Oh my GOD, this is nearly verbatim the story Jodi adopted about Travis. If I were the brother or sister of the kid that took his life, and I realized Jodi had taken his tragic story and used it , against a very dear longtime friend of mine, I might look like a deer in the headlights on the stand too. I just cannot imagine how vile Jodi is and how far reaching her evil is. I believe the young man's name was Joshua Freeman if you want to google it. You will recognize every word of it, just erase JF and trade out TA and you will have Jodi's testimony about the pedophilia, how she was able to forgive him , because she realized he was likely hurt in this way as a child, and just needed help. I do hope she gets the death penalty. If ever free again , I do think she could very well kill again.

Here is one of Travis dear friends saying Travis was a good, good guy
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/04/17/exclusive-travis-alexander-eddie-snell

BBM

That is not accurate. That is a hung jury. She does NOT walk. HLN is entertainment as well, and taking anything they do seriously is a mistake. But for the sake of argument, we'll play along.

That juror needs a lesson on premeditation. It doesn't need to happen over months, weeks or even hours. It can happen in seconds. What they've proposed here is a breakdown in understanding that concept. Her contemplation of the knife and decision to look for it, then use it IS premeditation. Doesn't matter if she was there for 12 hours or twelve seconds.

In addition, the State doesn't even need the first version of events to pop her with 1st degree. After the first stab, she was no longer a welcome guest in TA's home. She continued to assault and eventually kill him, not in self-defense as we've seen in spades, which equals felony murder.

Sorry all, I was being a little facetious when I meant "she would walk". However, given the highly public nature of this trial, having a hung jury or mistrial would be disastrous. Getting an impartial jury smarter than a pack of orangutans for a retrial would be a tough undertaking at this point IMO.

OK then! A psychologist whose expertise is in DV is going to attempt to rebut the expert testimony of an actual medical doctor. :floorlaugh:

BJHKuq_CIAEXKXS.jpg:medium

What is he going to testify to? That, Travis being shot, could still function? Causing JA to be in fear and then completely went "Phsyco"?

I can hear it now, so she is not borderline, but suffers from DV and PTSD and because of this, once she shot him, he came after her and she had no choice but to stap him and kill him 2 more times? ( tho I think he was shot last)

List Of Witnesses JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics