State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a little news flash...successful pedophiles are well respected, trusted and have friends with children. They don't wait in alleys with tattered trench coats handing out candy bars. They gain parents trust to gain access to children. They're someone's best friend, brother, father, maybe coach, maybe teacher, pastor or priest. They appear TRUSTWORTHY! They like jobs that give them access to children, sometimes they marry single women with children.

If anyone tells you ....that someone with access to your children is a pedophile. You better listen! I don't care who tells you, talk to your children, get them evaluated, and protect them AWAY from the ALLEDGED offender for a few weeks. Until you know for sure.

Many less children would fall victim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, anybody could have evil motives hanging around children, and sometimes right in front of the parents.

This case breaks my heart. Brittney's still missing, one of her uncles shot himself, and half her family's been arrested for sexual acts with children in the family.

AL AL- Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

She told Flores Travis backed out of coming to California to see her sing the National Anthem at a racetrack on May 24th..

She was going to sing the National Anthem at a racetrack .. did this horror ever take place?

ITA. No matter WHAT some unscrupulous defense lawyer told me about my friend, I would not agree with it in some email (or anywhere else) unless I had an agenda.

I do not think for one daggum second that Travis was a pedophile. NO WAY NO HOW!!!!

But I do find it upsetting that Sky would so easily turn on Travis just because Nurmi told her some lie. Seriously? Gah!!!!

I cannot stress enough how insincere I find both Hugheses and I think this is EXACTLY why JM elected not to call either of them to the stand.

In stark contrast, there is the testimony of Deanna Reid. No agenda, no spin. If anything, she took a personal hit in admitting her sexual relationship to the victim, Travis. People seldom amaze me anymore, but that young woman has. I think the world of her.

The Hugheses? Not so much. I think Sky comes off as a "mean girl" and a busybody, and Chris as a guy more interested in the almighty dollar than the happiness of his "friend".

This is TOTALLY my take on these folks, and I understand others may not see things the same way. I am posting my opinions respectfully.

I certainly wouldn't feel good knowing the money I donated to the Alexanders was being administered by CH. nuh uh. Nope.

I disagree wholeheartedly with your assessment of the Hugheses. Respectfully.

Why did they put a stun belt on her? She must of done something. Any idea what that was?

I assumed it was mandatory, but I am not from Arizona, so I do not know the policies for transporting prisoners to court.

Jodi_Arias_20130425105411_320_240.JPG

Jodi Arias trial update: Defense, prosecutor want more witnesses

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...update-defense-prosecutor-want-more-witnesses

They couldn't conceive that the story given by the man charged with defending Travis' murderer might be suspect?

They did after they had a little time to think about it. I'm sure they were totally blindsided by this accusation.

I assumed it was mandatory, but I am not from Arizona, so I do not know the policies for transporting prisoners to court.

Maybe cause she confiscated that fungus cream?????? Jk

And they were told they had been verified by the handwritting experts. I bet nobody is as sorry as they are about this.

Oh Brother,
I'm new. If I remember correctly, Skye said that she knew that Travis "had issues"...when Nurmi told her about the pedofile letters. I think she was ready to believe it. I think she was a busybody interferring in Travis' life. Chris Huges redeemed himself by saying that Nurmi was a "snake" and had duped them. Poor Travis. He was young and naive and I feel sorry for him. I think he had "fair-weather friends." He just wanted someone to help him get through life.

It wouldn't surprise me if Jodi did that (use PPL sales for her personal use). Did she ever actually have a customer, though? I can't remember. But if she had, again, I think this is something that would have upset Travis et al. but not necessarily her parents. I think they would have been angry, sure, but not as angry as Travis seems to imply.

Now getting into Travis' bank accounts, that's way more serious. Wouldn't that be a federal charge? Something like that seems more in line with what TA is talking about. But if she had done that, I think JM would have brought it up. So I'm not sure. Maybe he couldn't prove that she didn't have Travis' permission to access his accounts.

In the end, I'm afraid we'll never find out. I keep holding out hope that some information will be revealed after the trial.

One of the surrebuttal witness Juan tried to bring in was a fraud investigator. Perhaps he could have brought this in.

Or maybe, just maybe.... she showed up at the door with the gun pointed to HER head. Since, she she supposedly threatened suicide so often.

Travis got nervous because he did not want to feel responsible for her suicide.

He let her in... and the story is how would like to have it.

Kinda like those "Choose your own adventure" books. p.s: I loved those books!

IMO I do not think Travis knew she was coming. I am up in the air on the sex pics, they could have been taken at a different time and retaken that day. I think there is a shower pic of Travis that is one of him being startled and that's when he first saw her.
IMO she threatens suicide so often, she could have had the gun to her head and Travis attempted to get it away, that was him lunging at her. I have lots of scenarios from picking her story apart...little bits of truth

have you personally been in a remotely similar situation?
And did you rise above "gossiping"?
Just sayin...

No I'll buddy, I have never had a friend brutally murdered by someone that I had said was evil and then take the word of a DEFENSE attorney that my friend was a pedophile and then pass along that information to another "friend". And I hope I never do. Even remotely. That is the issue here.

I do see your point, Linda. Nurmi was slimy for presenting false evidence to the Hugheses.

I still cannot see myself suddenly believing such toxic lies about my dear friend for whose safety I had serious concerns, especially if I were so alarmed by his girlfriend that I had ordered her out of my home forever.

I would assume that this was just another of JA's nasty lies, and would scream to the mountain tops that my friend was NOT a pedophile!!!! I am not even TA's friend and I know with every fiber of my being that he was NOT a pedophile.

The Hugheses are not on trial here, nor should they be, but I do think their credibility is relevant.

That said, I think you are one of the smartest and most thoughtful posters on WS. Oh. And funny as H-E-7-7!!!!

I have a small group of close friends. I have 3 grown children. It would take nothing short of a video tape and a face to MY face confession to convince me that any of my "loves" could ever intentionally do harm to a child... or even consider it.

Nurmi was defending Jodi. He was ...in fact... the enemy.

Also... Yeah on Linda.

She was going to sing the National Anthem at a racetrack .. did this horror ever take place?

If she did, i hope they put ear plugs on the horses.
That was animal cruelty.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Oh Brother,
I'm new. If I remember correctly, Skye said that she knew that Travis "had issues"...when Nurmi told her about the pedofile letters. I think she was ready to believe it. I think she was a busybody interferring in Travis' life. Chris Huges redeemed himself by saying that Nurmi was a "snake" and had duped them. Poor Travis. He was young and naive and I feel sorry for him. I think he had "fair-weather friends." He just wanted someone to help him get through life.

:welcome4:

:juanettes:

And they were told they had been verified by the handwritting experts. I bet nobody is as sorry as they are about this.

I think Nurmi CROSSED OVER the LINE when he did that. There probably is no law forbidding him from doing that, but did you see the Snarky look on Nurmi's face when he was asking CH about the letters when he was on the stand?

Didn't JA's Father miss her singing the National Anthem too??? I remember ALV saying something to the effect. Wow

Why does Dr. Drew's co host, Jenny, always look like she is staring at a car accident?

Wow! I'm jealous! Where are you? I love snow!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I'm SO behind here :behind: .

I'm in Manitoba just a bit north of Winnipeg. Usually the daytime high here this time of year is around 16C (low sixties F). Today it's like a high of 1C (32F), and it's snowing but not in a good way. It's that nasty slushy kind of snow.

This has been a LOOOOONG winter. Almost as long as Nermi's directs, and this trial in general. :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBMonsterFighter