State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not normally a nighttime WSer but I do read every so often.

It simply amazes me the read these negative posts about the Hughes. Nothing I can say to change anyone's mind but wow, I just don't get it. I see them as great friends of Travis.

If you don't know what it means to be in the "limelight", you don't know how you'd react to it. This is certainly not anywhere close to the limelight but we did A&E's Intervention to save my sister's life. I had no idea how I would react to public scrutiny after trying to save my sister. And whoever judges me for handling it the way I did, shame on them.

ETA: I should have said a tragic situation on top of the limelight.

Maybe I am missing something. I watched both the Hughes do the interview on Dr. Drew. I found them to be interesting. I did not get any heebie jeebies from them at all. I vaguely remember them on the 48 hours video too.
What is it that bothers some of us so much?

The only real notable heebie jeebie vibes I got were from Gus.

Okay, going to get some sleep so I can be ready for tomorrow. God knows what the latest witness will do to my blood pressure!!!! :eek:fftobed:

Or maybe it should be this :ufo:

This is where the common sense part of this comes in for the jury. Why would Travis lunge toward someone who is pointing a gun he would know is loaded at him? Was he that spitting, frothy mad? The same anger that allowed him to fight through a cap to the crown to continue trying to kill Jodi?

Of course not... Over a stupid-azzed camera?... No. No. No.

:floorlaugh: It only counts if you write the answers on a yellow legal pad and rescore it until you get the results you are looking for :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Note to self "Invest in yellow legal pads."

As of right now the only witness is R.G. However, Martinez filed a motion sur-surbuttal(??) today to allow him to present a neuropschy... expert to rebut RG's opinion. There was a closed hearing today and as usual "closed" to everyone. Although, KCL commented that the Alexanders were smiling afterwards. So, we're :please: that Martinez was granted his motion.

Or maybe JS decided that RG could not talk about the gunshot and JM would not put his expert on either therefore it would cancel each other.

Good night everyone. We are closer to Friday. Hope that will be verdict day.

OT: Does anyone know how Rosemary Pierce's little boy is doing? I may have missed her posting about it over the weekend. TIA

The only thing on the planet that hurts more than losing a parent is losing a child. Or believing you lost a child.
So what's the color of the twins tomorrow? Hasn't it been a while since JA wore red? How say you? What's the color du jour?

So true. I have lost my mother and for all practical purposes, my father. I grieve for my self but also for my daughter who has been robbed of her grandparents. And it is raw and acute pain.

But I cannot imagine the pain of losing my baby girl. My mind cannot even go there.

You are so right.

Exactly. If he didn't freak out over all the other crap she did (sleeping under his Christmas tree when he had a house full of guests, climbing thru the doggy door, accessing his accounts online, and ESP trashing the BMW she still owed on because it was hooked up wrong) he wasn't going to go crazy over dropping a camera! It is such a lame story... IMO

If he was gonna go into"violent psycho mode" it would be more likely about the BMW she ruined. How Ms. Einstein left the car in gear, before getting it onto the tow truck amazes me.

Found this searching for the texts, hope its ok to copy and paste here.

Just so we are all on the same page with the text messages.

First, transcribed by LizardQueen74 and Paperwing:

Text from TA to JA, tentatively dated April 2008

Do not call me. And do not text me anything. The next thing I want is this michelle K that is friends with Elena(?) that nobody knows but knows details about my life. Not one other thing ever. Until you have that information. its 15 minutes it would take to gt the info. But you won't take 15 minutes. Why because it is an Fing lie. So either text me you that you are ready to tell the truth or give me your imaginary friend with the worst BS story you have ever told or leave me alone. Its a lie like no other. It is freaking foolish. There is no
way out of it, you have screwed up your story so bad you can't mend it. You are caught. When will you realize that. I do not know. You have til tomorrow. To have me this persons information before I tell all of the hughes' leslie udy, the freemans, your parents and anyone else that matters about all the crazy things you have done. So either fess up or feel the wrath. No matter how bad the truth is I promise you the punishment will be better than the lie. This is worse than your magical email that a mysterious man you've never seen before wrote for you. You insult me by thinking ill believe such crap. nothing else from you til the truth. I already know your lying so why continue. After tomorrow, its gonna get real bad for you. Time to spit it out.

Second, from Nurni filing in July 2010:

Text from TA to JA, dated by Nurmi as 5/10/08

Why don’t you have him come and **** you in the woods, I can only imagine you are so worried about me reading. You are paranoid because you have no respect for people privacy and dare insult me of all people. Someone you have should through your actions you hate more than love by denying me a human right of privacy countless times. You have a lot of freaking nerve. We are all not like you in that aspect.

Last, transcribed by Paperwing:

Text from TA with no replies from JA in between:
05/26/08 at 07:59:15am

I sent you a response to your dire conversation, that I hope youread because you need to read it. Maybe it will spark human emotion in you, something that only seems to exist when it comes to your own problems. But everyone else is just a part of your sick agenda. By the way, your pic comment to Danny Jones makes you look like a pure *advertiser censored*, even more to the people who know you. You should be embarrassed by it. If he knew what I knew about you he'd spit in ur face. Sow ould everyone else. I have never never in my life been hurt so bad by someone. But why do I even say it because you don't care. It doesn't serve your evilness. You couldn't get off your lazy butt to to read it could you. That's the sociopath (I) know so well. it freakin figures. I don't want your apology I want you to understand what I think of you. I want you to understand how evil I think you are. You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

Danny Jones
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9018102&postcount=354"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Interim discussion regarding questions from the jury and Arias on the stand #81[/ame]

Danny Jones.jpg

That is exactly how I feel FrayedKnot, and I have been hesitant to post about it today. So I thank you for putting it into words for me! The breaking point for me was Skye's willingness to believe Nurmi, that was it, I don't want a friend that would even consider the possibility that I could do something like that. I have seen comments that Nurmi was an authority figure or an officer of the court, that doesn't explain it for me, nope, it doesn't. That officer of the court is DEFENDING the woman that brutally killed my good friend. Nope, never gonna believe a word that guy says, wouldn't even talk to him unless I was ordered too. But I guess that's just me. As for the other emails.... CH said that he went on to say in those emails that saying abuse was being harsh. I can't believe that not once did Juan bring that up? I find that hard to believe too. JMO

All just my opinion, and I apologize if it offends anyone. But this is a forum, to discuss things, and unfortunately for the Hughes', their words were used in this trial an awful lot.

:seeya: I respectfully disagree with both of you.

Oh Brother,
I'm new. If I remember correctly, Skye said that she knew that Travis "had issues"...when Nurmi told her about the pedofile letters. I think she was ready to believe it. I think she was a busybody interferring in Travis' life. Chris Huges redeemed himself by saying that Nurmi was a "snake" and had duped them. Poor Travis. He was young and naive and I feel sorry for him. I think he had "fair-weather friends." He just wanted someone to help him get through life.

BBM Kind of off topic..but TA was 30 when he was murdered and you stated he was young. From what I read now, 30 is young. But, I am old and in my day 30 was old and I heard the phrase "Never trust anyone over 30." I wonder what ages the jurors are? I wonder if there are people my age that might not think TA was young and naive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sodapop99