State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jodi Arias trial: How will it finally end?

Posted: 11:03 PM
Last Updated: 19 minutes ago

•By: Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - The Jodi Arias trial resumes on Wednesday and legal analysts say everything from first degree murder to manslaughter is on the table, including the possibility that she could still walk free.

“If she walks, I would not be the least bit surprised,” said criminal defense attorney Vladimir Gagic.

Gagic told ABC15 that although the possibility exists for Arias to be found not guilty on all counts, he predicts the jury will find her guilty of manslaughter, and the defendant will be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.

“I think the prosecutor did a terrible job,” he said. “They never had premeditation in the bag.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...s-trial-How-will-it-finally-end#ixzz2S2feThTD

:gasp::scared:

Oh, WAIT! Somebody must think it's APRIL first instead of MAY first!

Jumping off your post because it reminded me of something I have wanted to ask.....

Will the friends who found Travis' body be able to give impact statements prior to sentencing? Will they be able to describe how horrible the murder scene was?

I hope so. I think it has to be from loved ones who have been directly affected by the murder. I hope the friends are able to. It will haunt them for life I think. Too sad.

:gasp::scared:

Oh, WAIT! Somebody must think it's APRIL first instead of MAY first!

No doubt, April fools indeed!

I think the defense team must have paid someone to say that in hopes that the Jury IS watching the news. It's a new defense strategy.

Hey folks, I have a regular cell phone, no iphone, etc. Anyone know who/where/how I can get a text notification from someone/anyone giving me the heads up that a verdict has been reached? Thought about having my daughter get an alert and then text me but I have a feeling that will happen just when she is busiest at work and can't get to it right away....I need that hour heads up to get back here to see the verdict. I can't even begin to think that watching it elsewhere, like at a client's is a good idea. My reaction has to be private. Either way it goes. I have a feeling I'm going to be a blubbering mess no matter what happens and I can't risk looking that 'affected' by anyone :)

LOL,,,I just have a regular cell phone too! I think we are the last of a dying breed?

Mornin' Peeps

:coffeews:

jose miguel ‏@reporterjmiguel 7m
Trial watchers in line since 2am. Seats WILL be limited. #arias #JodiArias pic.twitter.com/iA4PBzNZxl

WHY? Isn't today just the defense sur-rebuttal quack and the State's answer to that testimony (if they got their wish)? Closing arguments aren't until Friday, right?

I guess everyone missed Juan as much as I did~:loveyou: :juanettes:

No doubt, April fools indeed!

I think the defense team must have paid someone to say that in hopes that the Jury IS watching the news. It's a new defense strategy.

:lol: Yeah, more like they are saying "May Day, May Day, someone save me!!!"

“I think the prosecutor did a terrible job,” he said. “They never had premeditation in the bag.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz2S2feThTD

WTF trial has this guy been watching? He appears to suffer fognesia, what a stupid comment!

Jodi Arias trial: How will it finally end?

Posted: 11:03 PM
Last Updated: 19 minutes ago

•By: Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - The Jodi Arias trial resumes on Wednesday and legal analysts say everything from first degree murder to manslaughter is on the table, including the possibility that she could still walk free.

“If she walks, I would not be the least bit surprised,” said criminal defense attorney Vladimir Gagic.

Gagic told ABC15 that although the possibility exists for Arias to be found not guilty on all counts, he predicts the jury will find her guilty of manslaughter, and the defendant will be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...s-trial-How-will-it-finally-end#ixzz2S2feThTD
Is this guy watching the same trial as the rest of us?

I will admit, it worries me that the jurors refer to her as 'Jodi' in her questions. Not 'Ms Arias' or 'The Defendant'. Calling her 'Jodi' seems personal, like they feel that they know her.

Apart from that, I think he might have fallen asleep during this trial. I think Juan has shown premeditation (and will bring it home during closing comments).

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region...#ixzz2S2feThTD

WTF trial has this guy been watching? He appears to suffer fognesia, what a stupid comment!

Im not even going to read that article because I know I will just end up pizzed.
What trial has this reporter been watching?

Sent from my 'alternate reality' using my hippocampus

Updates on the court observer thread , w pics, for some big projects w lodging etc we accomplished for the Alexander family for this week. Still a slight chance I might get in the courtroom or the victim room to watch the next 3 days..I'll be down there though the whole time. Justice is coming!

Updates on the court observer thread , w pics, for some big projects w lodging etc we accomplished for the Alexander family for this week. Still a slight chance I might get in the courtroom or the victim room to watch the next 3 days..I'll be down there though the whole time. Justice is coming!

Your up early.put on a pot of coffee and bread in the toaster.

Good Morning America is on with Ryan Owens:
Today will be a marathon with dueling psychologists.
Telling about JA multiple stories.
DF case lasted 38 days.
Judge lets them reopen the case with Geffner to testify about DV
Dan Abrams talking about closing arguments
What will she get convicted off?
PT has to prove premed.
Should the judge offer manslaughter?
Abrams says it is not a real good chance of her getting manslaughter.....but it could lead to a compromise verdict of her getting 2nd degree. Ugh.......That better not be the case. Justice for Travis and the Alexanders!

i just don't understand how a compromise verdict would be necessary. i can't believe there will be a juror who wants to go easy on her. why?? what possible reason could there be to not see this the same as we ALL see it----she planned it, she did it, she lied about it, and is STILL lying about it. evidence of abuse? none, except from her. evidence of pedophilia? none, except from her. evidence that gun was his? zero, except from her. evidence she 'fogged up' and doesn't remember? none. she doesn't fit the criteria for PTSD.

the ONLY way this comes out 2nd degree is if someone on that jury believes some of what she says, and i just don't see how that's possible.

if we can't get first degree for THIS crime, then i think it really may be time to look into professional jurors because it will mean people are too stupid or too cowardly (see CA) to analyze evidence and reach the correct decision.

Sorry. I disagree with the guy.

1. Hair dye change
2. Rental car (rented 90 miles aways)
3. THREE gas cans, and several proven lies to the Jury
4. Grandpa's .25 stolen a week previous
5. Cell phone turned off to be 'off the grid'
6. License plate turned upside down (detection purposes)
7. (For me) suntan lotion purchase at WalMart shows me MOTIVE.

I only concentrate on what happens before a crime. We are taught that after a crime, we just don't care what a person does to try to be innocent. People can do anything afterwards to try and save their own skin, but we focus on the before and during in order to get a clear picture of the crime itself - and the intent.

Usually, the post crime actions merely get an individual scrutinized because the behaviors are so whackadoo. Also, you can be as sorry (either genuinely or for yourself) as you want to be after-the-fact, but it will not and can not change your actions. People will usually overcompensate for their feelings for themselves, it just spotlights guilt for LE.

'Morning all :seeya:

JSS said the surrebuttal with Geffner will start and end today.

Now the PT has a Dr. Hayes coming in as a witness to rebut Geffner's bs.

Any chance this testimony will last 2 days now instead of the 1?

Good morning all :seeya:

I am SO excited for today! Let's get this show on the road!

So, the other day I ordered the book "We, the Jury" written by 7 of the jurors of the Scott Peterson trial. It's VERY good and I am only like 35 pages in.
BUT
I realized something as I was reading this.

1. SP's jury REALLY took their duty seriously and a HOPE AND PRAY that this jury is the same.

2. In the book they talk about how they were NOT happy about having to make the decision to take another persons life, even knowing what he had done to Laci and Connor. There were fights, tears, and everything in between, but not one person expressed "happiness" or even an small expression such as a smile when they all agreed with a verdict.

3. Many of the jurors express they now have PTSD.... I never even considered that this may happen to them. Some said that they still have nightmares, flashbacks, and even psychical pain since the trial. Its crazy to me that the same thing JA is CLAIMING to have, is the exact thing that she is giving the jurors.... and not just them, but anyone directly involved. The families, friends, etc. I hope that once this is done that the jurors are able to move on from this and be able to let go and know that they served Justice to Travis' family. He didn't ask for this, and neither did his family.

4. They were SHOCKED when they saw the amount of coverage from the media and the general public the day the verdict was read. *I don't remember if they were sequestered or not* but I can imagine the jury of this trial will be as well.

My point - is that we may be happy about JA getting what WE think she deserves, but for the jury, this is not an easy choice. They are deciding whether or not to take another human life, knowing what she did to Travis. Now mind you, I don't think that they will have problems agreeing that she is guilty. In the SP book, even the most religious juror who didn't believe in the DP thought he deserved nothing more than that. But this is not a celebrating moment.... and that was a smack in the face to me, because I considered it to be just as everyone else. We should not be HAPPY if they choose to give her death and take her life. We should be thankful that Justice was served for Travis and his family. We should pray for JA's soul (even though we are pretty sure she doesn't have one) and we should pray for the family of all connected... even JA's family, as they are going to lose someone they love as well.

Saying all that, I have not in the least changed my mind that she is guilty and deserves death. BUT, it has made me realize that this is not a happy, not a partying moment. We ALL deserve a drink, yes, and and a HUGE sigh of relief, but ultimately, this is a time to be grateful its over. For everyone involved.

Just my opinion.

-- And on another note... My husband received a Jury Summons in the mail yesterday.... he looked and me and rolled his eyes. LMAO - He supports my addiction to trials, he HATES it, but he supports it. And Im pretty sure hes REALLY dreading having to possible serve jury duty. I secretly hope he does, but knowing the county its in, its not going to be anything big.

'Morning all :seeya:

JSS said the surrebuttal with Geffner will start and end today.

Now the PT has a Dr. Hayes coming in as a witness to rebut Geffner's bs.

Any chance this testimony will last 2 days now instead of the 1?

Most seem to think that all testimony will be done and over with today. I hope so!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams