State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question: If you believe Murder 1, yet everyone else on the jury wanted Murder 2, would you hang this jury, or would you agree to Murder 2??

Thanks Snoopy a good amount to think about.Getting to the end of this is a relief for many souls.Tired of hearing lies about Travis.Let the jury decide.

Good morning all :seeya:

I am SO excited for today! Let's get this show on the road!

So, the other day I ordered the book "We, the Jury" written by 7 of the jurors of the Scott Peterson trial. It's VERY good and I am only like 35 pages in.
BUT
I realized something as I was reading this.

1. SP's jury REALLY took their duty seriously and a HOPE AND PRAY that this jury is the same.

2. In the book they talk about how they were NOT happy about having to make the decision to take another persons life, even knowing what he had done to Laci and Connor. There were fights, tears, and everything in between, but not one person expressed "happiness" or even an small expression such as a smile when they all agreed with a verdict.

3. Many of the jurors express they now have PTSD.... I never even considered that this may happen to them. Some said that they still have nightmares, flashbacks, and even psychical pain since the trial. Its crazy to me that the same thing JA is CLAIMING to have, is the exact thing that she is giving the jurors.... and not just them, but anyone directly involved. The families, friends, etc. I hope that once this is done that the jurors are able to move on from this and be able to let go and know that they served Justice to Travis' family. He didn't ask for this, and neither did his family.

4. They were SHOCKED when they saw the amount of coverage from the media and the general public the day the verdict was read. *I don't remember if they were sequestered or not* but I can imagine the jury of this trial will be as well.

My point - is that we may be happy about JA getting what WE think she deserves, but for the jury, this is not an easy choice. They are deciding whether or not to take another human life, knowing what she did to Travis. Now mind you, I don't think that they will have problems agreeing that she is guilty. In the SP book, even the most religious juror who didn't believe in the DP thought he deserved nothing more than that. But this is not a celebrating moment.... and that was a smack in the face to me, because I considered it to be just as everyone else. We should not be HAPPY if they choose to give her death and take her life. We should be thankful that Justice was served for Travis and his family. We should pray for JA's soul (even though we are pretty sure she doesn't have one) and we should pray for the family of all connected... even JA's family, as they are going to lose someone they love as well.

Saying all that, I have not in the least changed my mind that she is guilty and deserves death. BUT, it has made me realize that this is not a happy, not a partying moment. We ALL deserve a drink, yes, and and a HUGE sigh of relief, but ultimately, this is a time to be grateful its over. For everyone involved.

Just my opinion.

-- And on another note... My husband received a Jury Summons in the mail yesterday.... he looked and me and rolled his eyes. LMAO - He supports my addiction to trials, he HATES it, but he supports it. And Im pretty sure hes REALLY dreading having to possible serve jury duty. I secretly hope he does, but knowing the county its in, its not going to be anything big.

I'm watching it, too. It's very telling how much her demeanor changed from her wilting rosebud act during direct with Nurmi to the defiant smartass during JM's cross.

I'm sure the jury noticed!

Oh, you mean the, "...and there was this icicle....and it fell...and it hit me in the eye..." testimony? Heavens Forfend! Nobody with an intellect beyond that of pond algae could have possibly bought that nonsense. If Jodi's testimony was an audition, she would have got the old "we'll call you" line.

Good Morning my fellow Sleuthers!!!!!!!
Justice is coming.....NO DOUBT about it.

Jodi Arias trial: How will it finally end?

Posted: 11:03 PM
Last Updated: 19 minutes ago

•By: Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - The Jodi Arias trial resumes on Wednesday and legal analysts say everything from first degree murder to manslaughter is on the table, including the possibility that she could still walk free.

“If she walks, I would not be the least bit surprised,” said criminal defense attorney Vladimir Gagic.

Gagic told ABC15 that although the possibility exists for Arias to be found not guilty on all counts, he predicts the jury will find her guilty of manslaughter, and the defendant will be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.

“I think the prosecutor did a terrible job,” he said. “They never had premeditation in the bag.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...s-trial-How-will-it-finally-end#ixzz2S2feThTD

I guess he missed the part where Jodi changes her story constantly to fit into the evidence. That she has lied and continued to lie on the stand (gas can is just one). That she tried to influence a witness statement while in jail. I can go on and on. She has no credibility and even if you discounted half of what JM has as evidence of premeditation she is still guilty without a doubt in a normal person's mind.

I just do not get why people are so willing to give a liar, a second, a third, a final chance (that never seems to end) and believe their stories. Are some people in awe of them because they are so much better at lying than they are????????

Jodi Arias trial: How will it finally end?

Posted: 11:03 PM
Last Updated: 19 minutes ago

•By: Adam Slinger

PHOENIX - The Jodi Arias trial resumes on Wednesday and legal analysts say everything from first degree murder to manslaughter is on the table, including the possibility that she could still walk free.

“If she walks, I would not be the least bit surprised,” said criminal defense attorney Vladimir Gagic.

Gagic told ABC15 that although the possibility exists for Arias to be found not guilty on all counts, he predicts the jury will find her guilty of manslaughter, and the defendant will be sentenced to more than 20 years in prison.

“I think the prosecutor did a terrible job,” he said. “They never had premeditation in the bag.”

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...s-trial-How-will-it-finally-end#ixzz2S2feThTD

Know what I say to Vladmir :dracula:

PHFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF !

Thinking about nerves and how JM is doing knowing HE is the key to Justice.

I hope he's getting scalp/head massages and fresh home-cooked from his significant other. He needs it and deserves it!

I can almost picture him in Rocky's outfit. I can imagine him post-verdict saying like Rocky did " Yo, Adrian, we did it... We did it." I love Rocky too much. :blushing:

Quick question: If you believe Murder 1, yet everyone else on the jury wanted Murder 2, would you hang this jury, or would you agree to Murder 2??

I've said several times that I expect the majority to begin wanting Murder 1. They will not be moved to compromise to 2. It will be 1 or hung, in my view.

BBM
I feel it will come down to UNDERSTANDING. They may all feel she clearly planned it, but if the DT can blur it that when she got there she went back to just 'being' with Travis because after all she could have killed him right away if that was her plan.

If they can then make it look like in the time she was there a fight between them created an argument that led to the eventual cause of what they claim to be self-defense/heat of passion they could make the jury consider their version.

JM IS GOING TO HAVE TO REALLY BE CLEAR THAT JUST BECAUSE SHE STAYED A FEW EXTRA HOURS DOES NOT ELIMINATE PREMEDITATION FROM THE SCENARIO, the DT will blur the state has to PROVE it lines with reasonable, and it is beyond reasonable she planned this

RE: BBM ^ Exactly - that's the door JM needs to close right there!

JMO ~

Exactly. If he didn't freak out over all the other crap she did (sleeping under his Christmas tree when he had a house full of guests, climbing thru the doggy door, accessing his accounts online, and ESP trashing the BMW she still owed on because it was hooked up wrong) he wasn't going to go crazy over dropping a camera! It is such a lame story... IMO
on top of that, she was a "photographer" - she would know better than to drop the camera...

Oh, you mean the, "...and there was this icicle....and it fell...and it hit me in the eye..." testimony? Heavens Forfend! Nobody with an intellect beyond that of pond algae could have possibly bought that nonsense. If Jodi's testimony was an audition, she would have got the old "we'll call you" line.

Morning Sleuthy

Did you stop at the Sidebar this AM? Check it out.

BBM I don't know about that- We all thought the Pinellis 12 would come back murder 1 for "that thing in Florida" and all her nonsense.

While everyone is saying good morning...I need to say "goodnight." It's 10:40 pm on Wednesday here in Japan...I WISH I could stay up to lurk and click "thanks" some more, but I have work in the morning! I cannot WAIT to come home and read your guys' discussions and watch the trial...always something to look forward to! What will I do after the verdict...:seeya: :offtobed:

Court is 130 eastern time right? I'll be able to listen on my phone if it is...

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

I would never agree to Murder 2. Not and live with myself if she were to be released and she killed someone else. Worst case I'd agree to LWOP. The gun and knives in her car when she was arrested with the explanation she was going on a camping trip and needed the gun for protection tells us what she is capable of. She'd have no problem doing it again. She as much as admitted to it.

I'm watching it, too. It's very telling how much her demeanor changed from her wilting rosebud act during direct with Nurmi to the defiant smartass during JM's cross.

I'm sure the jury noticed!

And I'm betting that when the verdict is announced, JA is going to go all "Ted Bundy" on us (remember his horrific face in court?!) and watch out! Watch her true demeanor come to the surface upon verdict! JA will be like this --> :stormingmad:

Be afraid, JW and KN.......be very afraid......

Court is 130 eastern time right? I'll be able to listen on my phone if it is...

Sent from my LG Spirit using Tapatalk 2

:seeya: No, noon EST today!

9am PST (12pm EST, 11am CST, 10am MST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads