State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I disagree. I expect no reaction whatsoever from her. Just the usual blank, cold stare. :twocents:

Haha! You know that I'm a wishin' and a hopin' that she will let her full stabby Einstein self out for all to see. I figure if I keep sending it out there for her to go full Ted-Bundy that the Laws of Attraction will make it happen. :rockon:

Good morning all :seeya:

I am SO excited for today! Let's get this show on the road!

So, the other day I ordered the book "We, the Jury" written by 7 of the jurors of the Scott Peterson trial. It's VERY good and I am only like 35 pages in.
BUT
I realized something as I was reading this.

1. SP's jury REALLY took their duty seriously and a HOPE AND PRAY that this jury is the same.

2. In the book they talk about how they were NOT happy about having to make the decision to take another persons life, even knowing what he had done to Laci and Connor. There were fights, tears, and everything in between, but not one person expressed "happiness" or even an small expression such as a smile when they all agreed with a verdict.

3. Many of the jurors express they now have PTSD.... I never even considered that this may happen to them. Some said that they still have nightmares, flashbacks, and even psychical pain since the trial. Its crazy to me that the same thing JA is CLAIMING to have, is the exact thing that she is giving the jurors.... and not just them, but anyone directly involved. The families, friends, etc. I hope that once this is done that the jurors are able to move on from this and be able to let go and know that they served Justice to Travis' family. He didn't ask for this, and neither did his family.

4. They were SHOCKED when they saw the amount of coverage from the media and the general public the day the verdict was read. *I don't remember if they were sequestered or not* but I can imagine the jury of this trial will be as well.

My point - is that we may be happy about JA getting what WE think she deserves, but for the jury, this is not an easy choice. They are deciding whether or not to take another human life, knowing what she did to Travis. Now mind you, I don't think that they will have problems agreeing that she is guilty. In the SP book, even the most religious juror who didn't believe in the DP thought he deserved nothing more than that. But this is not a celebrating moment.... and that was a smack in the face to me, because I considered it to be just as everyone else. We should not be HAPPY if they choose to give her death and take her life. We should be thankful that Justice was served for Travis and his family. We should pray for JA's soul (even though we are pretty sure she doesn't have one) and we should pray for the family of all connected... even JA's family, as they are going to lose someone they love as well.

Saying all that, I have not in the least changed my mind that she is guilty and deserves death. BUT, it has made me realize that this is not a happy, not a partying moment. We ALL deserve a drink, yes, and and a HUGE sigh of relief, but ultimately, this is a time to be grateful its over. For everyone involved.

Just my opinion.

-- And on another note... My husband received a Jury Summons in the mail yesterday.... he looked and me and rolled his eyes. LMAO - He supports my addiction to trials, he HATES it, but he supports it. And Im pretty sure hes REALLY dreading having to possible serve jury duty. I secretly hope he does, but knowing the county its in, its not going to be anything big.

I was a juror in a murder trial. While the DP wasn't on the table, it was still traumatic. Just think how involved our emotions are in this case, then imagine you are a juror, having been IN that courtroom the entire time, looking at the defendant, seeing the pictures up close and personal, and having to make this decision.

It's a big deal. The trial I was on was 14 years ago and I still think about it.

And I'm betting that when the verdict is announced, JA is going to go all "Ted Bundy" on us (remember his horrific face in court?!) and watch out! Watch her true demeanor come to the surface upon verdict! JA will be like this --> :stormingmad:

Be afraid, JW and KN.......be very afraid......

I think she has already thought about her next step, and has a plan no matter what. She enjoys manipulation and believes that even if she is convicted it will be a minor setback. JA does not quit easily and seems to have a posse of people willing to assist.

No matter what, I don't think it will be the last we hear of her

"Defense surrebuttal 'expert' has been impeached & is editor 2 Laviolette. May Juan have mercy on his soul"

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I am SO excited for today! Let's get this show on the road!

So, the other day I ordered the book "We, the Jury" written by 7 of the jurors of the Scott Peterson trial. It's VERY good and I am only like 35 pages in.
BUT
I realized something as I was reading this.
<snipped.

My point - is that we may be happy about JA getting what WE think she deserves, but for the jury, this is not an easy choice. They are deciding whether or not to take another human life, knowing what she did to Travis. Now mind you, I don't think that they will have problems agreeing that she is guilty. In the SP book, even the most religious juror who didn't believe in the DP thought he deserved nothing more than that.

BBM: that should have never happened. Jurors in death penalty cases are death penalty qualified during jury selection. In other words, folks who don't believe in the DP do not become jurors.

I have no respect for any TH who implies a Judge is biased one way or the other in a DP case. JSS is doing her job, she has ruled in a way that will make it near impossible for the DT in this case to have a guilty verdict overturned on appeal. Who here wants a redo of this case?

Janine should stick to telling stories about herself - she's good at that.

I agree...NO WAY POSSIBLE. She is the judge, and I think she has been fair. Also, she's been watching the same trial we have, she's been in the courtroom, and furthermore she has ALL of the back story that no one else has. There is no way she is going to believe Jodi's side of the story. I think in any case she would rule by the law.

BBM. I don't know if you meant for that to be funny, but I am rolling here! LIVING BREATHING FREUDIAN SLIP... :floorlaugh::floorlaugh: INDEED!

I feel it will come down to UNDERSTANDING. They may all feel she clearly planned it, but if the DT can blur it that when she got there she went back to just 'being' with Travis because after all she could have killed him right away if that was her plan.

If they can then make it look like in the time she was there a fight between them created an argument that led to the eventual cause of what they claim to be self-defense/heat of passion they could make the jury consider their version.

JM IS GOING TO HAVE TO REALLY BE CLEAR THAT JUST BECAUSE SHE STAYED A FEW EXTRA HOURS DOES NOT ELIMINATE PREMEDITATION FROM THE SCENARIO, the DT will blur the state has to PROVE it lines with reasonable, and it is beyond reasonable she planned this

Surely there must be one juror who believes, as I do, that waiting for the "right" moment WAS part of the plan and thus part and parcel of the premedition. The fact that she didn't kill him the moment she got there means nothing to me in terms of premeditation of the crime.

I was a juror in a murder trial. While the DP wasn't on the table, it was still traumatic. Just think how involved our emotions are in this case, then imagine you are a juror, having been IN that courtroom the entire time, looking at the defendant, seeing the pictures up close and personal, and having to make this decision.

It's a big deal. The trial I was on was 14 years ago and I still about it.

I tip my hat to you! No doubt!

I guess Ive never (obviously) given to much thought of how the jurors FEEL (you know, like their inner turmoil) about the options they have and having to decide between something like that.

Im the type that once I make up my mind, that's it, no changing it. I guess I'm kind of a hard a$$. :blushing:

Good Morning to all!

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Aren't Wednesdays usually migraine day for JA? :eek:

I feel it will come down to UNDERSTANDING. They may all feel she clearly planned it, but if the DT can blur it that when she got there she went back to just 'being' with Travis because after all she could have killed him right away if that was her plan.

If they can then make it look like in the time she was there a fight between them created an argument that led to the eventual cause of what they claim to be self-defense/heat of passion they could make the jury consider their version.

JM IS GOING TO HAVE TO REALLY BE CLEAR THAT JUST BECAUSE SHE STAYED A FEW EXTRA HOURS DOES NOT ELIMINATE PREMEDITATION FROM THE SCENARIO, the DT will blur the state has to PROVE it lines with reasonable, and it is beyond reasonable she planned this

You're right, but unless they disregard the jury charge they won't have problems with premeditation. Premeditation does not require a lengthy period. It can be formed in an extremely short period of time. Even had Juan failed to prove that she came there with the intent to murder Travis (which I feel he has absolutely proven), he has certainly shown that she formed the requisite intent once she was there.

Leave us not forget that she cut this man's throat down to the spine. Any reasonable person would expect that act to cause death to another human being. That's premeditation all by itself.

I thought it was interesting last night that Sky said after reading through all of TA and JA's emails, even they don't know what started the fight on May 26th. Maybe no one but JA an TA know. I've always been sooo curious what JA did that put Travis over the edge.

Someone asked yesterday about a timeline of events in May. I've put together something for that month and very detailed information for June, citing sources wherever possible. If anyone can add to this, please feel free to do so.

Unknown date May/June 2008 comment posted to JA&#8217;s Myspace page, purportedly from Travis &#8220;I wonder how much you raise the hotness level of Yreka all by yourself, factoring in its per capita hot stats before you came, I am sure it has raised exponentially.&#8221;4 years ago (as of 5/1/2013; watch date to see when this changes to pinpoint exact date).

5/10 Sex tape

5/10 Angry exchange of texts & IMs re: &#8220;Steve&#8221; text.

5/15 Pix of JA and sister, Angela, on Helio phone. JA light brunette with blonde highlights.

5/17 or 5/18- Helio phone &#8220;stolen&#8221;

5/19 Travis and Regan text, discuss stalking. Travis very afraid.

5/22 JA journal entry. Good news: has received new cell phone to replace missing one that was stolen; &#8220;mortified&#8230;hugely scandalous text from him (10 pages) that he sent last week&#8230;1 or 2 recorded conversations&#8221;. Also writes about &#8220;the conversation&#8221; with Travis.

5/26 Travis texts JA with explosive &#8220;sociopath&#8221; message, ending with &#8220;You are the worst thing that ever happened to me.

5/27 Travis shows text of 5/26 to friend Taylor Searle, who asks him if he is afraid. JA&#8217;s journal entry (per ALV) talks of plans to see Ryan Burns.

5/28 25 caliber handgun stolen from JA&#8217;s grandparent&#8217;s home; break-in reported around 3:30 pm. Email from JA to Travis first mention of Cancun.

5/30 JA journal (per ALV) plans for following week to spend a couple of days with Ryan Burns. Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.

5/31 Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA.

6/1 JA journal with long entry. Per ALV, subject is going to visit Darryl, Matt and Ryan. Entry talks about mentioning trip to Travis, who is guilting her into coming to Mesa, but JA stands ground. Per ALV, JA said she had talked to Travis on the phone on 6/1 telling him about her plans to see Ryan, however Verizon phone records show no contact between TA & JA on this date. ALV says text messages are conversational.

6/2
JA calls Travis 4 times from 1 am to 3 am; all calls are very brief.

Travis makes 2 back to back calls (from 3 to 4 am) to JA lasting almost one hour.

4:03 am JA calls Travis; call lasts 2 minutes 48 seconds.

8:04 am JA picks up rental car in Redding.

4:03 pm JA calls Travis

5:28 pm JA calls Travis

7:32 pm JA purchases French fries and water at McDonalds in Lodi.

8:41 pm JA purchases water at Valero corner store in Lodi.

JA spends night in Monterey with &#8220;friends&#8221;.

June 3
JA stops by DB house to pick up gas cans. Returns later that same morning with remote?

10:10 a.m. Bank deposit-$400 to account # ending 8006

10:11 a.m. Bank deposit-$300 to account # ending 7148

10:15 a.m. Bank deposit$100 to account # ending 7148

12:57 pm JA calls Travis 17 seconds

1:51 pm JA calls Travis 2 minutes 50 seconds.

2:12 pm to 2:28 pm 3 pix of JA on her &#8220;stolen&#8221; Helio phone showing JA with dark brunette hair, per Robert Brown.

3:22 pm Walmart receipt with purchase of gas can.

8:16 p.m., Arias calls Alexander. The call lasted 2 minutes, 9 seconds.

8:31 p.m., Arias goes to a CVS pharmacy. It is not clear what she bought.

8:34 p.m., Arias calls Alexander again and the call lasts 49 seconds

8:42 pm first gas purchase at Arco in Pasedena.

June 4
4:00 am Travis&#8217;s computer shows 3 Youtube videos viewed, per Melendez.

AM- Roommate Enrique may have seen Travis for last time, per Flores report. Travis said he had conference call that night. Travis also said he did not sleep much that night, getting only 45 minutes of sleep.

AM- speculation that Travis finished putting together floor cleaning machine and moved furniture, based on interviews with both roommates (Flores report).

12:13 Travis texts Chris Hughes. Last outgoing communication on Travis&#8217;s cell phone.

1:40 pm series of naked photos, 8 in total. 2 of Travis, 6 of JA.

3 to 4 pm-roommate Zach Billings stops at home before going to work.

4:54 pm- Per Melendez, last activity on Travis&#8217;s laptop, described as login attempt. Note word attempt; does this mean login failed, implying JA attempted to login in, but was unsuccessful?

5:22:24 first shower picture of Travis.
5:29:20 Travis, facial shot
5:30:30 Travis sitting in shower, partial image, last image of him alive, uninjured
5:31:14 accidental ceiling shot
5:32:16 Travis lying on back in hallway with copious amount of blood on shoulder and floor, image of JA&#8217;s foot in foreground. 62 seconds from ceiling pix, 106 seconds from last shower pix.
5:32:32 last image with door track in foreground, Travis&#8217;s bloody shoulder.

6 to 6:30 pm roommate Enrique&#8217;s normal time for getting home from work.

9 pm roommate Zach&#8217;s reported time for coming home.

Respectfully snipped

3. Many of the jurors express they now have PTSD.... I never even considered that this may happen to them. Some said that they still have nightmares, flashbacks, and even psychical pain since the trial.

Respectfully snipped

Snoopy1, I am curious. What did they attribute their PTSD to--the evidence of the murder (photos etc) or the decision for DP. tia

9AM AZ time .... add 1 hour for each timezone east you are in.

For example, Eastern time is 3 hours ahead, therefore 12:00PM will be your start time. :seeya:

timezones1_large.jpg

Umm...I officially admit I have a problem. So focused on 9am, I failed to remember time zones. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tc30