State rests rebuttal case- thread #166

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was interesting last night that Sky said after reading through all of TA and JA's emails, even they don't know what started the fight on May 26th. Maybe no one but JA an TA know. I've always been sooo curious what JA did that put Travis over the edge.

Is it possible that she told him she was pregnant but had an abortion? Tire slashings and media stalking didn't seem to enrage him. I'm sure he considers abortion murder, so whether he believed her or not, this may have been just be the thing to tip him over.

I added two more to your premediation list (BBM)

Sorry. I disagree with the guy.

1. Hair dye change
2. Rental car (rented 90 miles aways)
3. THREE gas cans, and several proven lies to the Jury
4. Grandpa's .25 stolen a week previous
5. Cell phone turned off to be 'off the grid'
6. License plate turned upside down (detection purposes)
7. (For me) suntan lotion purchase at WalMart shows me MOTIVE.

• [8]Two weapons readily handy in bathroom.
    [9]Ryan Burns/UT trip as alibi.

I only concentrate on what happens before a crime. We are taught that after a crime, we just don't care what a person does to try to be innocent. People can do anything afterwards to try and save their own skin, but we focus on the before and during in order to get a clear picture of the crime itself - and the intent.

Usually, the post crime actions merely get an individual scrutinized because the behaviors are so whackadoo. Also, you can be as sorry (either genuinely or for yourself) as you want to be after-the-fact, but it will not and can not change your actions. People will usually overcompensate for their feelings for themselves, it just spotlights guilt for LE.

:seeya: Good Morning ... and Happy Hump Day !

JMO, but I am not looking forward to this sur-rebuttal "whatever" today because it will be a WASTE ... a HUGE WASTE !

And it should have NEVER been allowed !

One good thing is that we are one day away from Closing Arguments . . . :waitasec: hopefully !

:juanettes: will be :great:

The DT will be :liar: after :liar:

:please::please::please: Justice for Travis !

I had my first dream about this trial last night. Dreamed that she was found guilty and sentenced to death but she couldn't be sent back to her parents (?!) and for some reason there was no room in prison so she was sent to a mental institution for the rest of her life. And I was soooo mad and yelling "noooo she'll adapt!"

And then for some reason we all went out to dinner after the verdict(?!) and Juan was there(?!) and the DT and the judge and some guy was with me (who...no clue...haven't been on a date in over a year) and I was seated across from JA and she was nonchelant about the whole thing and and chattering away and cutting up a steak and potatoes. The guy i was with was next to her and Juan was at the end of the table and JA and Juan were
trading insults back and forth.

It ended with her being taken to the mental institution....and she was not happy about being there. Wilmott told her that "well this is what you wanted."

Yeah. I think its due to a hormonal flux and too many swing shifts at two different jobs....both in mental institutions.
Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I respectfully disagree. I think she wanted Travis more than any stuff in the world. She was obsessed.

Agreed. Though JA would consider TA little more than a piece of furniture to own. If she had married TA eventually she would be through with him and go hiking in the Grand Canyon where he would mysteriously fall off a cliff.

People like JA put expiry dates on everyone IMO.

I'm watching it, too. It's very telling how much her demeanor changed from her wilting rosebud act during direct with Nurmi to the defiant smartass during JM's cross.

I'm sure the jury noticed!

Yep. Even when she is discussing Travis's "alleged Pedophilia.." She smirks talking about it. And the way she tells it is just ridiculous.

She killed him brutally and then assassinated him again with these lies.. I am praying for wisdom for this jury.

I am for the death penalty for people who deserve to die for their crimes. For me that is usually people who murder multiple people, Cops, children... But in this case, She does deserve death. Maybe if she had gotten on the stand and just really broken down and said how sorry she was. Maybe if she had not lied over and over covering her tracks. Looking so smug over what she had done. She is proud of this murder. IT is obvious. She loves the attention and loves that she is infamous.

Her benefit from this crime should end permanently.

Is there video where she finally admits she did it? I know it was like 2 yrs but havent heard or read details. Just one of the unusual events in this case.

I think this jury is going to come to a proper verdict.

I would never agree to Murder 2. Not and live with myself if she were to be released and she killed someone else. Worst case I'd agree to LWOP. The gun and knives in her car when she was arrested with the explanation she was going on a camping trip and needed the gun for protection tells us what she is capable of. She'd have no problem doing it again. She as much as admitted to it.

ITA. If there were murder 2 jurists they would hate me because I would state that I was Murder 1 and no compromise and that was my bottom line.

Y'all don't hate...but just wanted to share that I took the next 3 days off work! I will be on my couch in my pajamas, tv remote in hand to mute HLN, twitter feed on my phone, and live stream and WS on my ChromeBook! I'm so excited, it's RIDICULOUS as I usually have to sneak to watch/listen at work! I may not be able to sleep tonight!

Praying Justice for Travis is right around the corner !

I am soooo jelly!!!!!! I was going to take Thursday and Friday off. I can't take Thursday off now but maybe Friday. And Monday.

Word in twitterland is the Judge has not yet made a decision on Dr. Hayes testifying for PT after Geffner shovels his bs.

Most seem to think that all testimony will be done and over with today. I hope so!

Jaun will make it quick and to the point....The defense will try to drag it out. I hope the judge holds true to her word and it will be over today and on to closing tomorrow!!:back:

Good Morning!

Watched the hearing with CH about the forged letters. JM didn't object straight away when KN said one was possibly authored by TA ... BUT then JM flushes the whole thing a minute later stating they were forged. Sidebar. Over.

I seriously doubt JM would have been able to keep them out if there was a chance in hell they were authentic. We all know how prejudicial evidence is kept out regarding the defendant but the sludge flows freely when it is meant to tarnish or discredit the victim. Sucks, but it's been true in this case.

Give Janine Driver a break lol girl is 6 months pregnant. I can see why as a body language expert it might APPEAR to her that JSS is leaning towards JA. It's likely more of an over-correction she is seeing because JSS has to be mindful of fairness and bias. JMO.

Sorry. I disagree with the guy.

1. Hair dye change
2. Rental car (rented 90 miles aways)
3. THREE gas cans, and several proven lies to the Jury
4. Grandpa's .25 stolen a week previous
5. Cell phone turned off to be 'off the grid'
6. License plate turned upside down (detection purposes)
7. (For me) suntan lotion purchase at WalMart shows me MOTIVE.

I only concentrate on what happens before a crime. We are taught that after a crime, we just don't care what a person does to try to be innocent. People can do anything afterwards to try and save their own skin, but we focus on the before and during in order to get a clear picture of the crime itself - and the intent.

Usually, the post crime actions merely get an individual scrutinized because the behaviors are so whackadoo. Also, you can be as sorry (either genuinely or for yourself) as you want to be after-the-fact, but it will not and can not change your actions. People will usually overcompensate for their feelings for themselves, it just spotlights guilt for LE.

Equally, I agree about pre-murder events and all of these things are so important but to me the "worst thing that ever happened to me" email that Travis sent is extremely important to motive and pre-med because in the life of a BPD it is ABSOLUTELY unacceptable that anyone would walk away from them and there is a price to pay if you do. Particularly, in light of her stalking behavior.

That song DF's daughter sang was absolutely beautiful....brought tears to my eyes. Praying harder than ever for justice. Bless you Alexander's, Flores and Martinez.

So... who didn't sleep last night (raises hand)
Who hopes Jodi is shaking in her cell like a Chihuahua (raises hand)It's getting close, I hope she is thinking about that lonely cell on death row. Where she can't have everyone on the pod loving her up becuase there is no pod. There is no trial to smirk and flip people off at. There is nothing, nothing but a ticking clock...... and denials to her appeals.

I'm so ready for this. :)

BBM I don't think JA is really worried. She has NO clue and I think she thinks the trial is going her way and will be walking the streets soon. :scared:

I'd never agree to M2. And if JA gets anything less than the DP, she will murder someone else. IMO.

i'd NEVER agree to anything but M1. Never. I'd sit there in that jury room for as long as it took to get M1 or a mistrial. In fact, if I was on the FLORIDA jury, I'd still be in that room holding out for a murder conviction. No matter how long it took.

Is it possible that she told him she was pregnant but had an abortion? Tire slashings and media stalking didn't seem to enrage him. I'm sure he considers abortion murder, so whether he believed her or not, this may have been just be the thing to tip him over.

Anything is possible with that chick.

I respectfully disagree. I think she wanted Travis more than any stuff in the world. She was obsessed.

I agreee - she was totally obsessed - that's all she could think about night and day. She was so obsessed that she couldn't get on with her life if he didn't want her. The only way she could go on is if he wasn't here. Then she didn't have to think about him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarmenSanDiego314