State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict a sharp decline in voluntary attendance in psychotherapy as a result of this trial.

She just used the juror question on the witness!!!!!!!!!! UGH!!!!!!!

Speaking of juror questions, are there any new ones in the basket for this wonderful expert witness? It would be nice to know if the jury appears to be more interested in JW's questions, vs JM's questions. I hope they are so fed up with all this, that they ask no questions!

Do you think the MS has forgotten that JA brutally murdered?

Attachments

• bffs.gif
    bffs.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 52
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:seeya: thanks

If it wasn't juror 5, or juror 8, who asked that question (about the tiger and the bear), I would be insulted that JW is trying to justify that question with this testiphony.

:scared:

MOO

Mel

Jeffrey Evan Gold ‏@jeffgoldesq 1m

Catatonic #jodiarias juror has kept herself non catatonic by touching face so much she might need a dermatologist by tomorrow

How many agree with me that the jury has most likely tuned this guy out altogether and is ONLY thinking about getting their hands on this verdict and being set free from the neverendingtrial???????????????????

Dr. G says Dr. D did not need to give JA the IQ test, lol.

Uh yeah, since Dr. S read JA the questions he administered his tests I think Dr. D was right to question JA's comprehension.

BBM. Didn't JA WANT those tests because she thought she was going to upstage Albert Einstein?

Dr Geffner is from San Diego and has been to Long Beach, home of ALV, many times. In my opinion I feel sorry for any who needs real help in those areas----they are both quacks in my opinion. I listened to the first hour of Geffner’s video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzkoiNQWaFA&feature=youtu.be
10-12-2006
1. Dr Geffner was once found by the court in Rourke vs Rourke as being a “Hired gun”. (Not in video)
2. Works in San Diego and has done work in Long Beach, stomping ground of ALV.
3. There is a body of research, but much based in “theoretical foundations.”
4. ABUSE: A pattern of behavior where one partner gets his or her needs met at the expense of the other through the use of power and control, usually has elements of intimidation and often produces Trauma.
5. AGGRESSION: Usually physical but can be verbal or sexual where one person commits an assaultive behavior on the other person.
6. Note-You can have abuse without aggression or aggression without abuse.
7. Note-Mutual abuse where both partners are fighting with each other is rare, what they are talking about is mutual aggression (happens quite often).
8. Pushing, shoving, hitting is not necessarily abuse and does not mean one person is equal in power.
9. So many women do push, shove, and react physically but they really in many cases aren’t the abuser.
10. They (women) can be the victim, just fighting back, or have no power.
11. REAL Abuse has a specific meaning----but people in legal Arena have a different definition of abuse. (WOW)
12. His world abuse is an ongoing pattern of someone trying to intimidate, control, and use power over somebody.
13. In legal world if anyone hits someone else, they would automatically be abuser and be arrested.
14. Says if you hit someone and there isn’t an ongoing pattern of control or intimidate her—that would be aggression and not abuse.
15. EMOTIONAL ABUSE:
A. Pattern of acts or omissions such as violent acts that may not cause observable injury that adversely affects the psychological well-being of the victim. Arguments alone are NOT sufficient enough to substantiate emotional maltreatment.
B. Psychological violence involves one of the following behaviors: explicit or implicit threats of violence, extremely controlling types of behavior, extreme jealousy, mental degradation (name-calling), and isolating behavior.
C. Property violence by one spouse may constitute emotional abuse if intended as a means to intimidate the other spouse. Property damage includes but Is not limited to: Damaging or destroying other spouses property, hitting/kicking a door or wall, throwing food, breaking dishes, and INTENTIONALLY or RECKLESSLY DAMAGING AUTOMOBILES. Threatening to or injuring children, threatening or actually kidnapping children.

Let’s look at Geffner ‘s Patterns for abuse by males: Not one of these fits Travis
Male Batterers: (None of this fits Travis)
1. High dependency on Partner
2. Low levels of Impulsivity Control
3. Poor Communication skills
4. Family of Origin Violence.
5. Poor Social Skills
6. Hostile to Women
7. Low Remorse

Female Batterers: (7-major themes, 3-minor themes) 10%
1. History of victimization.
2. Identification with masculine gender traits.
3. Problems related to substance abuse.
4. Emotional abuse by partner *** (Blame)
5. Perception of self as dominant in relationship.
6. History of violent behavior.
7. Perception of personal characteristics as aggressive.
8. A woman’s change in her self-identity (via past).
9. Violence as a motivator to get her partners attention.
10. Emotional attachment.

Other Findings by female perps:
11. If a man is hurt, abused or killed----“He had it coming”
12. Context of abuse: “The actions of a person of one sex cannot be considered the equivalent of the other sex engaging in the behavior.”
13. A slap given by a woman is not the same as when given by a man. (Often excused)
14. Males consistently under report acts of abuse against them.
15. Stereotype is that it’s okay for women to hit, like in movies.
16. Stigma for a male to come forward is even greater, worse, higher than a female victim.
17. Females are more likely to use weapons than males are. (Knives, Guns)
18. Women’s Reasons for DV:
1. ‘My partner wasn’t sensitive to my needs.’
2. ‘I wished to gain my partners attention.’
3. ‘My partner wasn’t listening to me.’
4. I “wanted to stop him from bothering me”.
5. “For sexual excitement.”
6. “He won’t hit back”

RISK FACTORS FOR AGGRESSION/INTIMATE PARTNER VIOLENCE: (Jodi fits many of these traits)

1. Attitudes about power, control, and gender.
2. Excessive alcohol/drug use.
3. Low self-esteem
4. Attachment disorders.
5. Lack of empathy
6. Lack assertiveness and use aggression
7. Psychopathy
8. Neuro-psych- impairment-*
9. Poor conflict resolution skills
10. Communication deficits
11. Personality disorders
12. Paranoia
13. Impulsivity
14. Stress.
15. Poor Social skills,
16. Shame
17. Anger
18. Trauma History*
19. Depression
20. Jealousy
21. Dominance Needs
22. Prior abuse history-*
23. Lack readiness to change.

The esteemed Dr. just jumped the shark with his answer to the event not being related to the symptoms.

Which is just stupid, the reaction and trauma would be very different if ones own dog ripped them to shreds as opposed to a loose strange dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more screen captures.

first picture - brother & sister of Travis??

Attachments

• familybrother&sister.jpg
    familybrother&sister.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 134
  • JuanNoObjection.jpg
    JuanNoObjection.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 101
  • AnotherApproach.jpg
    AnotherApproach.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 99
Radar's feed is behind I need a new feed methinks .. Is WildAboutTrail on time?

I STRONGLY concur.

The movie with Leonardo about Abagnale " catch me if you can" is pretty funny where he does say
"Do you concur ?"
the dr.s look at each other in confusion saying " TO WHAT?"
Anyway..this does indeed seem like a good time to reference the scene...:floorlaugh:

so dr. de marte did the test to run up her bill.

nice touch, jenny. you beeyotch. i strongly, vehemently dislike jennifer willmott.

That was meant to be very demeaning towards Demarte. Wonder if he was told to say that. Not very professional from someone who has been named as a hired gun from a previous trial he testified in.

When she said "Passed Away" I could have slapped her. And JA's Team murders Travis again and again every damn day & WE'RE ALL SICK OF IT!

I wish Martinez could force her to look at each photo and then ask her "Is this what you call 'passed away'?"

This testimony should just never have been allowed simply because we could go on ad infinitum with varying opinions. The idea is lay out your best case on both sides. I just feel so sorry for this Jury - this judge just needs to show some regard for their time and patience.:banghead:

But... But.. But.. HLN said(lol) they could go until 12 pm tonight:floorlaugh:. Well, I'm being rescued, leaving to go to my grandaughters 7 yrs. house, and her school musical tonight.

The MariCopa Cabana Commisary, is now serving lunch.
Wish I knew how to insert attatchments.
I have Flo, from Mel's Diner..shouting.."Kiss my grits!"
Consider yourselves lucky..
muahahahah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics