State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
above average desirability - Jodi feels good about that!

does the defense team get the last word in closing arguments?

I hope not, that would seem pretty unfair. The whole point is that the STATE has to prove something, the defense doesn't have to prove a thing. Because the burden of proof falls 100% on the state - they should have the last word. Anyone know whether this is how it works in AZ?

So if a test is based on answers that are known to be false, the validity is fine?
Huh?

I can understand that, but in this case I do believe DelMarte was successful in getting in detail such as the ring, the christmas tree, jobs galore, and those details will stick in their heads if nothing else.

I think the reason DeMarte was effective is because the jury has already figured out there is something wrong with JA and it isn't PTSD. DeMarte just confirmed what they already thought about JA, that she has a major personality disorder. If they disagree with her at all it may be because they think she is a sociopath.

I prefer that she not have a mental disorder...that way some juror that doesn't understand that borderline personality disorder doesn't make you a psycho killer, won't feel urged to cut her any slack because of that.

Whether she's borderline isn't really the issue here - the issue is whether she is suffering from PTSD - if the jury believes she is as a result of being a battered woman (and Travis is the one who supposedly battered her) then she's got her self-defense case. I still don't buy it and I really hope JM has great questions for this expert witness. He's obviously here to show that he can analyze the test scores better than Dr. D could. I don't like it one bit.

So would anyone on the jury think Jodi sat down and made an attempt to be honest and forthright on these tests? I think they know she will lie to attempt to skew the test in whatever way will benefit her.

Oh, come on. Don't you remember Jodi told the jury that lying is not something "she just does." You have such little faith in her.

So wait, in the holding cell, they're literally held down? I thought it was just a holding room according to the Tucker Max books and my boyfriend who almost went to law school.

As if anybody needs validity scales to know whether or not Jodi's a liar!?

JA doesn't look happy today. Good!
Seeing Deanna along with Chris and Sky Hughes sitting with Travis' family must reinforce the fact that everyone but her can come and go as they please.

Deanna has a place of honor in the family that Jodi would NEVER have had. Chris and Sky Hughes sitting as family, send a strong message to the jury, who I am sure realize who they are by now. We are with Travis, were always with Travis, he was our dear friend and family member, we loved him, trusted him, respected him. That never waivered and that is perpetual. What you heard about us from ALV and Jodi, those were LIES. God bless them , they have been there with the family, behind the scenes for a month now!!! They are a family. United. Justice for Travis!! This guy on the stand might as well be talkin to the moon.

Ran carpool ..took forty-five minutes instead of twenty and JW is still blah blah blah..so nothing has changed?

Aren't they cute!! I wouldn't want my expert to ask "Did that help?" Sounds like he is not neutral, but is defense friendly.

I wish water could be spilled on Jodi's doodles.
It makes me laugh on the inside that not a scintilla of any of the testimony today will say what a wonderful, caring, smart person she is. Just arguing about what level on the scales of nutty and nuttier. The look on her face sometimes, while always creepy, is priceless today.

so just to be totally clear....Juan does his closing, defense does their closing and then Juan gets back up and adds more to his closing?

Jodi was all perky at Desirability scale... She thought that meant she was HOT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members