State rests rebuttal case - thread #167

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juan is gonna have a field day w the fact that his staff scored it.

So this guy has a fudge method to arrive at his conclusions. He disregards the fact that you don't consider anything unless it meets the threshold, and looks at trends instead. The thresholds are there for a reason. If his method was valid, and substantiated by research, the test company's scoring would do this for us. Why not? Just look at those under-threshold numbers, and put it altogether, like he did. But they don't. Why is that?

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 1m

@Micsterator They are all listening, a few take notes. Very receptive I would say.

---

God bless the jury

I disagree. I think the evidence of premeditation is way too strong. Plus Jodi gave us all the gift showing the jury how well she lies (gas cans) so I'm hopeful they see right through this fog the defense is creating.

There's nothing to disagree with although I agree with you. I think premeditation is there as well. My point is simply an observation. The defense doesn't need to dispel the idea that JA is borderline - they need to reinstate the idea that she suffers from PTSD. That's why this expert is here.

I understand the DT has to do everything allowable to defend their client, but I really don't get this. The DT is not relating any of this psych stuff to the undeniable FACT Jodi brutally murdered Travis Alexander.

Seems to layperson me this is better suited for the penalty phase.

They're really tripping over themselves. They haven't tied any of this together. PTSD. Ok...maybe she does have PTSD...so what? What conclusions are they trying to draw?

raw data (JA answers) were given to him to use in this scoring process. Never met JA

Working from what he received.

If this goes on much longer I might have to cough up a hairball.

I have been nodding on and off because it is very boring testimony. So I had to get up and stir around and started fixing our dinner for tonight.:)

imo

Why did I just know this guy has others do the work and he just shows up to court to testify to it! :smh:

Is he testifying to the tests Samuels gave JA? Those tests were based on the Ninja story. All based on lies, lies, lies. This is ridiculous.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial 31s

Cup toucher is biting his finger nails. Marlboro man is playing with his pen. A few jurors takes notes. #JodiArias
LOL.. when I read that the first time, I was a little afraid what Wild was gonna say there near the end....

No, Juan has the burden of proof so he will be up first then the defense and then Juan gets back up.

IMO

And as we have seen in true JM fashion he frequently saves the zingers for last.

Many times he has asked questions on direct and then DT comes up and then like a heat seeking missile he zero's in for the kill quesiton. Expect the same on closing from JM.

Perhaps Jodi should tap Nurmi and let him know that he isn't on a recliner in his living room. He's so low that his head is practically resting on the table behind him.

Did he just agree with the 646 score given by Dr. D. as to BPD?

Did I catch that right?

Wilmott looks like she is in a daze with her head tilted and staring when Dr. Geffner is speaking, and she knows what he is supposed to say! Imagine how the jury feels!

Whether she's borderline isn't really the issue here - the issue is whether she is suffering from PTSD - if the jury believes she is as a result of being a battered woman (and Travis is the one who supposedly battered her) then she's got her self-defense case. I still don't buy it and I really hope JM has great questions for this expert witness. He's obviously here to show that he can analyze the test scores better than Dr. D could. I don't like it one bit.

I thought Samuels was there to validate PTSD which would support her "me no remember nothing" excuse when it comes to the butchering and murder (or murder and butchering). I thought ALV was there to validate the claim of battered stalker syndrome, or whatever the battered claim is, in order to support the frame of mind JA claims when she decided to defend herself instead of running out the door? No?

I havent seen any camera shots of the family, Hughes and Deanna. Is that being shown on HLN? (I'm watching online).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela