State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the point of this guy testifying. JW asked if he had met Jodi. "NO!" What can he add?

Beth Karas said on WS radio that after the trial they'll release the sidebars and in chamber conferences .. can't wait to read those ..

Slightly over this witness BTW.

Um, I think a gunshot wound to the head is a little bit different than a concussion or learning disability! :gavel:

Trying to bolster them before Juan gets up and decimates this guy's testimony.

:trainwreck:

:floorlaugh:

This will be me watching Juan decimate this guy:

QBMKvwk.jpg

He said something a few minutes ago that dropped like a bomb to me, and that was that neuropsychological deals with the brain if it hasn't been fractured. Did I catch that right? If I did, then he has no basis to discuss anything about TA....at all...

Poor guy - part of me feels sorry for him, I don't think he has any idea what's coming.

Sure he does--he's close with ALV, despite the BS he said on the stand. He got into trouble being a "hired gun" in that legal thing he described. He & ALV are two peas in a pod.

So since JW was able to put her little dig in about the copyright that was 'no big deal' can JM bring up whatever he was able to bring out about ALV that had to be dealt with behind closed doors. Seems only fair to me.

Neuro-psychologists can't tell you if you have a fracture of the brain. They can't change the brain itself, but they can fool with it like this expert is doing with our brains.

You can't fracture an organ. Shhhhh don't tell the expert. :floorlaugh:

JW: "Ok, would you mind reading all of your journal articles to us? Begin by reading them forward, and then read them backwards."

He met ALV @ international conference = one of the people the committee asked to speak - she is involved in a partnership representing another organization. She co-chaired battered intervention coalition in Calif and he chaired research committee for that organizations.....6 or 7 years ago national policies on offenders - later came out as a book - he was co-editor of that book and ALV wrote a chapter.

they have referred cases to each other .. . . he lives in San Diego and she is in long beach area about 1.5 hrs away - they don't usually work together but have been @ conferences @ same time.

he never discussed JW subject of ALV, talked a little about Demarte's testimony and is a little aware of Dr. Samuels work - he hasn't seen their testimony in court.

superior courts or apellate courts have commented on his work . . .
didn't know that at the time . . . he is virtually unaware of cases that get appealed - he is not involved in those - he might have heard someone was apealing one.

at some point down road appellate courts have an opinion about his testimony in other cases. .. .4 or 5 times going back 25 years - details he couldn't remember -ld they woule read what apellate court said . . . deemed not relevant to what he was doing then . . subsequently someone went back and traced those cases . . another atty did check those.

they are currently using Superior court - the opinions of other judges - appellate courts above them some of the cases were 5 or 10 years later and he was no longer working on that case or knew anything about them @ the time.

he has not been acused of being unethical or needed discipline. . . . no point he was not allowed to testify - in most cases his credentials were . . .
he was allowed to testify but not a specific things . . had to do with a legal matter not your qualifications?
objection - sustained

legal aspect not one of your expertise - that what he was told by other Atty's - not about his expertise that part was not challenged.

diplomate in neuropsychology - he trained Master level students . . .

whole part of operation doing neuro-psych evals for hospital . . if someone was suspected to have a learning disablity, injury to brain, stroke and they did outpatient rehab. they still train people in neuropsych evals.

peer review/publish . . . any publications in neuro-psych . . . some were learning disablity in school children, neuropsychological assessment, and research we conducted on quantitative EEG's =

domestic violence offenders to people with head injuries to people who have none of those . . . putting together data base for neuro-psych evals of capital offenders in 8 states.

objection
approach

I truly am trying to pay attention and I am just not.

I wonder if the jury is doing the same.

Imagine JW as a teenager. She sure can't take no for an answer.

SUSTAINED. . .Judge may we approach?

I swear...I am really paying attention. Or at least trying to!

But, no joke, all I hear is blah, blah, blah! No matter how much I am listening to his actual words!

It's a really weird phenomenon I have never actually experienced outside of this trial!

Guess we're about to hear the diplomate's expert opinion on function after gunshot through the brain.

Wow...the way she just looked over to what I presume is the jury......creepy. She let out a little sigh too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member