State rests rebuttal case - thread #168

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schizophrenia is having more than one personality, isn't it?

No; it's been referred to as "split personality," but it's NOT in the sense of multiple personality.

It's a brain disease/mental illness in which the individual loses touch with reality; there is psychosis, which may be marked by visual, auditory, olfactory, or other sensory hallucinations.

If Jodi Arias had schizophrenia, and in the midst of a psychotic episode, the trial would have been a very, very different trial; when one is psychotic, intent cannot be formed. We'd be looking at "guilty but insane," or "not guilty by reason of insanity," depending on how AZ rolls with insanity defenses.

I have been watching this trial too long. I just talked to my computer screen when JA was standing for the jury and said "you're going down *****, how does that make you feeeeeeeeel Jodi?" :floorlaugh:

Same here. My son can always tell when I'm watching the trial & says, "geez, mom, chill or I'm gonna have to take away your cell phone!" (I watch on my Android.)

By the way, how long is the dinner break? Or are they done for the day? I missed the very last part of cross.

But hearing Juan rip G a new one was awesome!!!

I hv to say this: she just reminded me of Sexy Sadie.

Real Name: Susan Denise Atkins; A.k.a: Sexy Sadie; Category: Infamy

Is it not possible though to at least behave in a civilized manner? I'm telling you, if he were a little less emotive, he would be far more effective. Even though he is 'right' his abusive approach may prove counterproductive. Would he not think better if he is calm and in control of his own emotions, instead of screaming like some maniac?

I want to see justice and worry that the prosecution's over-the-top acting out may hinder his case.

It's easy to be a brute. Animal and civilized man both can brutalize each other without much effort. Dignity and composure are signs of an evolved and intelligent person who is operating from an intellectual rational place, not an emotional one.

I would rather have a person who is cool, collected, articulate and well prepared in body, mind and psyche to represent me, not some hothead bully or some scheming ill-prepared slacker (like the defense team).

I don't think I am the only one who notices these things.

Sometimes the prosecution's approach seems as helpful as a loose cannon on a ship. :truce:

Ahh. now he is being better and making progress. Thank :moo:goodness.

Just for perspective, one day in court on an aggressive case can be totally depleting. I cannot imagine going on this many MONTHS with the games and issues he has had to endure. In addition, as someone else mentioned, he knows the family. He feels their pain. This process is totally draining. We see some of it in Wilmot and Nurmi in the way they react. Juan, IMO, has done an excellent job keeping it holstered. I don't think any of us can imagine how grueling this has been - to the point of personal allegations against him for misconduct. To me, the fact he has not come totally unglued way before this is admirable. We all are so grateful for his hard work and dedication, but, in our awe, we have to remember the poor man is human.

I'm getting trial fatigue, can't imagine how the jury and family must be feeling.

I have not watched any of thi8s, just him introducing himself at the very beginning. What's the consensus? When did cross start? How is it going? TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Juan did a great job in raising doubt as to this expert's credibility. He was forced to admit a court excluded his testimony or deemed it irrelevant on more than one occasion; also that he's provided testimony in cases without ever interviewing one of the relevant parties (like a Dad when issues were raised where kids were concerned).

Test scores can't be used alone to diagnose...but apparently they can to refute a diagnosis, no interview necessary. This expert doesn't have the MMPI scales memorized either. And he wasn't contacted by the defense until November of last year (just two months before the start of trial) and contacted within the last two weeks to be asked to testify.

I think those are the highlights so far. HTH

Dr. "I can't answer that yes or no..."

JM "Ok, thank you" :floorlaugh:

I think what is happening is that the defense wants her to have PTSD because it would explain JA's fog. They don't want BPD because of 2 reasons. 1: No excuse for the fog 2: Makes her seem like a psycho girlfriend... This was probably hashed over many times in here lol

I think Dr G came through Juan's initial 'opening' quite well. ALV and RS had both showed their true colours by this time.

Me too but my favourite will always be his courtroom suits... :blushing:

I heard he's a runner....got me thinking of different outfits for my Juan doll. Uh oh, I think I need a Juan Martinez Action figure. And Det. Flores.

Ughhhhh!

Been away most of the day of testimony..

Anything exciting? Surprised Juan up by 3pm LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members