State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if I believed that it wouldn't have incapacitated Travis - which BTW I don't - if you had just been shot in the head... through the sinuses... don't you think the pain alone would basically stop you from whatever you were doing? Imagine the pain that would be involved. I imagine the victim would fall to the ground holding their head and pretty much be down for the count.

Yes! Just think of the pain people get during take-offs and landings due to pressure change! It would stop you in your tracks to have a bullet go through your head

I have my tomato raincoat on!

As unlikable as she is, for her to be taking on a case like this is damm near impossible. She knows it, and I have to in some minuscule way admire the fight she has in her. Do I like the fight she is fighting? Heck no, but she is doing her job.

In our Justice System every one deserves a JW. I imagine she has learned alot from this trial and will continue to serve and do a better job and have more conviction doing so.

That being said, she's no Juan Martinez(obviously) and we all have hated on her for representing JA. But again she is doing the job she was given and is representing our Constitutional rights.

Beyond that, may she in her heart know that her defendant is a cold blooded murderer and reflect upon that as she moves forward in her career.

The one thing about JW that I will give her is her tenacity. She definitely has given this case her all.

He doesn't need to do this for $$$. Testifying in such a high profile case generates a whole lot of publicity for his organization.

And has the bonus effect of giving him the opportunity to try to rehabilitate his buddy LaViolette.

This reminds me of children fighting.

She's bipolar.

Is not!

Is so!

Is not!

Is so!

She's got PTSD.

Does not!

Does so!

The bullet went through the brain.

Did not!

Did so!

For goodness sake, these attorneys have been doing this for FOUR months! Enough.

$2500/day for this load of crap? Imagine how many children are hungry. How much food $2500/day could buy.

I don't live in AZ, but still would prefer local food banks get those $$$ instead of these Professional witnesses.

Now I get why the judge wants to do this all in one day- she wants AZ to only be stuck with $2500; if the dude comes back tomorrow, the clock resets and he starts getting another $250 an hour for the next 10 hours!

I was surprised at his income. I don't find anything too suspicious about the institute being billed and he just receiving his salary. My only concern - why? WHy would he do this?

I just feel sadness at all the pain, heartache, loss,strife and even occupations that Jodi has brought to so many lives.

I think this will be the only witness today unless the others will only take 10-15 minutes each. It will be 8 p.m by the time Jodi gets back to jail, and they'll get her up between 3 and 5 in the morning. Juan will be tired during his closing arguments.

This is o/t, but I can't help but see my brother, over and over, being shot in the head. I know he was immediately unconscious and incapacitated, but it's still horrific for me to think he knew for one split second, what was happening.

My anger and pain are huge today, listening to a NON-MD say that "we" don't know for sure what injury Travis sustained with this "small" caliber weapon!!!

I am so sorry about your brother. Words cannot express how sad I am for your loss and the tragic way it happened. I agree with you 100%. You make me think of what the Alexanders are thinking right now.

THIS has been on my mind right from the start and I don't remember hearing it mentioned in court. The pain alone would have stopped TA if the shot was first. He would have felt like his head exploded and the last thing he would be doing is cursing at JA and chasing her in the hallway.

Stick a fork in her, she's done.

Dr Geffner is making a whole judgment on the word- being shot in the head-stops you, I think it is rather disingenuous to say otherwise. Even Jodi has said he held his head at one point.

I slightly feel bad for this guy. I do agree he seems sincere. The things he was told were not true. But he can really only go off what he knows. I think he knows he has been played but at the same time he cant really change much of his opinion b/c he doesn't know the facts. I feel bad that I was annoyed with him. Never ticked off and in need of a drink b/c of him ( Wilmott that is another story) like I was with ALV. Wonder if he will still be friends with ALV after this mess she more then likely push him in.

Time to pick up the laptop and move from the couch to the kitchen to make dinner and put puppy in the yard...

ha, pup stood for the jury!

So he gets a max of $2500 for a day. He's working for free soon. He's gotta be wanting a break.... oh please call a meal break.

10 minutes... I can't get home in 10 but it's a start. Gotta fly.

don't go to sleep for 24 hours!!!!

j/k. what part did you hit? the back? do you have a bump? if you get disoriented or drowsy get someone to take you to the ER.

It was right on the very top. No bump or anything. Haven't been dizzy or anything since.... all fine now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste