State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Jenny, I had a bullet go briefly through my brain....omg.

wonder if she'll bring up the dura mater, i wanna know if what i thought was right. lol.

armchair ME here!

Why does it matter the condition of the brain? If the gunshot didn't kill him, the stabs to the heart or throat slicing would have.

TravBrain_zps1ce60c10.jpg

Travis's family weeping, looking away from the bullet wound

JAPretend_zps0c62ddcb.jpg

Lying torture-murderess pretending not to look

The doctor is barking up the wrong tree with the BPD rebuttal. But he may have a point with the gunshot through the brain:

Phineas Gage is often referred to as one of the most famous patients in neuroscience. He suffered a traumatic brain injury when an iron rod was driven through his entire skull, destroying much of his frontal lobe. Gage miraculously survived the accident, but was so changed as a result that many of his friends described him as an almost different man entirely.

The Accident

On September 13, 1848, the then 25-year-old Gage was working as the foreman of a crew preparing a railroad bed near Cavendish, Vermont. He was using an iron tamping rod to pack explosive powder into a hole. Unfortunately, the powder detonated, sending the 43 inch long and 1.25 inch diameter rod hurtling upward. The rod penetrated Gage's left cheek, tore through his brain, and exited his skull before reportedly landing some 80 feet away.

http://psychology.about.com/od/historyofpsychology/a/phineas-gage.htm

I’m not saying Little Missy is telling the truth about the order in which she did things. It’s probably the opposite of what she’s saying. But I go with evidence, and people, apparently, can move - and more - even though they have serious damage to the frontal lobe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rPWLWjt4vo

There is expansion with a bullet. And it would literally expand the area of the bullet tract and shake the inside of his brain. Think shaken baby syndrome. The reason babies die and suffer damage is because there brains literally bound inside the skull because its not full grown like an adults. Something entering the skull like a rod wouldn't do what a bullet would do.

Plus, if it was a hollow point, which is designed specifically to expand further once impacted, would create a much larger wave than in the above ballistic gel. Also, it is designed not to necessarily leave the target but to cause extreme tissue damage. It also is designed to not fragment, which could explain why there is no fragments in his brain.

Editted: And I say hollow point because thats what was in the gun when it was stolen.

Willmott thinks this is a good argument - the bullet only went very briefly into a tiny part of the brain.

SNARK ALERT!!!!

FRONTAL LOBE:

Would JW like to VOLUNTEER for the "independent" CURRENT research, non-literature search??????

Wilmott is embarrassing herself. The bullet has a high velocity so thus is in the brain a mere fraction of a second.

Duh!

Dr. Horn is completely unshakable. He seems amused by Dr. Willmott's witchy attitude. She sure wants to think she's a defense attorney, doesn't she?

He is SMOKING hot too, which helps me pay attention.

I'm so friggin angry, I'm shaking. I feel incredibly selfish for feeling this way while Travis' own family is sitting right there, they knew him and loved him. I did not know him but I love him.

Starting to feel Willmott is a silly kind of evil. What exactly will grossing out jurors do? Most people are going to respect and believe an ME who actually has performed 6,000 or more autopsies. Give up Willmott!

This must be so horrible for all Travis's Family and Friends. :grouphug:

LOL An actual ME vs. a random psychologist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbieJ