State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching HLN so its delayed.

What was the typo? In tact?

Didn't he show a picture of the brain? Was it sitting in the skull cavity? If so it should show it pierced the dura matter.

The typo is not going to save JA. In the end like the Judge has ruled it doesn't matter which came first it is still considered 'cruel' by judicial standards.

IMO

Yes, the typo said intact. We didn't get to see the brain pictures..thank goodness.

In the end, I don't think it will matter, but I wish we didn't wind up the trial with a huge typo on the ME's report.

:seeya: 2 more : "dyed hair" ...

:waitasec: adding another : "NO receipts in Arizona" ...

:waitasec: adding another : "deleted camera photos" ...

What else ? Please add ...

I have to get back to studying -- but checking in with you peeps for updates !

:seeya:

Turned her cell phone off

White rental car vs red rental car

Upside Down license plate

I am confused as to why people think this witness is not doing well. She has so far been wonderful, she just had a problem understanding that one question

Being a west coast girl myself I love the southern USA accents. :)

I think she said Louisiana? She went to LSU, but not for sure that's where she was raised? I don't hear it, since I lived in Texas for 8 years and even started using "y'all" in my daily speech. The first time I said it and didn't "think" about adding it, I screamed and the lady I said it to at the bank laughed her butt off at me! LOL!! For a Cali girl, I was excited! :floorlaugh:

Re-posting, since so many are concerned:

ANY bullet wound through the skull with brain adjacent to it would HAVE to penetrate the dura simply because the skull, dura (plus two other membrane layers: arachnoid and pia mater) and brain are like layers smack up against each other.. Too bad the ME was on autopilot (IMO) when he dictated a phrase he has probably dictated 1000's of times ("dura mater is intact"), but given the number and severity of wounds he had to document, it is a relatively minor error since common sense tells anyone who knows any basic anatomy that ANY bullet wound through the skull with brain adjacent to it would HAVE to penetrate the dura. MOO

I don't have the data but if you could tell readers the thickness of the dura...that may help ... IIRC its pretty thin and easily perforated....

I do wonder why JM is giving this psychology babble so much importance in this murder case. He knows best though so I trust him.

I do hope the jury had some snacks on the last break. I heard a snip of some guy on HLN saying the appellate lawyers have their antenna up over this long day already: jury fatigue, appeal

Oh good grief. This judge wouldn't do anything whatsoever that might invite an appeal. Quite the opposite, if anything.

I am majorly impressed one of the jurors caught that error on the ME report. Can't wait to find out what they all do for a living, once this is all over.

I'd be more impressed if Wilmott and Dr. G hadn't gone on and on this afternoon about the report saying that the dura mater was intact. I fully expected Wilmott to ask the ME about it, and so did the juror probablyl

Do you remember, way way way long ago, a juror question asking about the possible involvement of TA's roommates in the murder? Yep, there's no objective reason to vote other than 1st degree, but maybe the juror that asked that way out question is still....way out.

It just is never possible to know how a jury is going to go.

Juror may not even deliberate, and if he/she does, they may change their mind once they hear the reasoning of the others.

That was good. She contacted the publisher and was told the summary scales were not required.

I don't think Ms. Hayes was necessary and this testimony is not going as JM had hoped. She's having trouble following his questions (his style can be confusing) and she isn't giving the answers he expected.

We were spoiled by Dr DeMarte - she was awesome!

oh dear, will be Juan is thinking, oh crap-- it is a huge moment- and calls into question the testimony of the ME- i hate to even say that

I don't think it does at all. He is extremely credible and IMO a typo does not change his expert testimony. A typo and a supposed copyright infraction is not going to help this defense one little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member