State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI

A "typo" (typographical error) is:

The term includes errors due to mechanical failure or slips of the hand or finger, but excludes errors of ignorance, such as spelling errors. Most typos involve simple duplication, omission, transposition, or substitution of a small number of characters. Typographical error - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Folks all too often minimize and shrug off errors or mistakes as "typos".

His error was not a "typo".

That said, I hope that it is explained to the satisfaction of the jury.

:twocents::twocents::twocents: Okay, let's address the typo.

When I first read the post report, I was less than overwhelmed with it. It just wasn't what I've routinely read & participated in but it was complete. The format & style is different but I believe that is a regional thing. For me, dividing out the trauma conditions from the overall body conditions set the stage for misinterpretation if a superficial read was conducted (okay, like I did the first "run thru"!).
Reading the COD as determined by the post, I completely agreed but thought that differing terminology might be employed and had absolutely no issue with leaving out the GSW as a COD.
Following the internal examination details, the condition of the dura mater as it was written appeared to relate to the brain OTHER than the area of trauma (see, told ya it was a unique format & style!).
Yes, autopsy reports ARE prepared using "boilerplate" formats, yes, reading them or "proofing" them can sometimes become autonomous BUT admitting the error is critical to retaining one's credibility.

YES, JW & KN will try to "hang their hats" on this error BUT logic should prevail when one evaluates the entire body of scientific information.

:twocents::twocents: ALL MY OWN OPINION :twocents::twocents:

Joypath, so good to have you here with us!

what was the typo....,anyone....

The autopsy report stated TA's dura mater ( thin membrane covering the brain) was intact when in fact it was perforated by a bullet. The DT was trying to argue that the bullet had passed through the skull but missed the brain because the dura mater was intact.

Juan is crossing his t's and dotting his i's just in case a juror bought Dr. G at his word...painful but true. Rather now than later and say I should have.....

I feel much better now, I see what The state is doing..he's so good..
no worries.

I know everyone has PTSD from the Casey Anthony trial (& rightly so, I do too!!) but let's look at it from another direction. The Pinellas 12 have been vilified, both in the press & by the public (again, rightly so!!), EVERYONE knows they didn't deliberate, didn't ask questions, didn't ask to see evidence...basically didn't do crap. THIS jury knows that too. They do not want to be the Pinellas 12. I have faith they will be diligent in reviewing evidence, reviewing testimony, asking questions etc and because of that, they will arrive at the correct verdict. Guilty. Death penalty.

I have been really impressed by their questions. They do not seem to be blinded by the CSI television programs, expecting a road map or GPS to walk them through it. They are paying attention to details, and thus far are very logical in their thinking.

Remember~ there is no "secondary gain" for the ME.
No $350 an hour, no book to sell, no institute to fund.
He is an medical doctor.
He is honorable. He made a typo. He did not LIE.

Agree! These jurors have proven they are light years ahead of the DT.

Dr. H was gracious about it and he didn't blame someone else for the typo the way a few others would have. Not mentioning any names but their initials are Alyce LaViolette and Richard Samuels. lol

The
jury
gets
it

They have 2 BIG DAYS coming up!

But Juan's Closing Arguments have been written for days...

And I think I read they aren't starting til noon tomorrow?

Or was that again, HLN saying that noon is based on eastern???

I haven't figured out what purpose this witness serves. She seems to be having trouble understanding the questions that JM is asking and doesn't know quite how to answer. :waitasec:

The purpose is obvious to me.

She is going to backup exactly what Dr. Marte testified to.

IMO

Keep it short and shiny JW or peeps are going to start flipping ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karmalicious478