State rests rebuttal case - thread #170

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too haven't heard the dura pronounced like tow mater... but assumed it was like some who pronounce duodenum Do-o-DEE-num vs doo-WAD-de-num. Once I heard scalpel pronounced scal-PELL. Lol Which is totally different than the pharynx vs pharnyx bidness...

I think that the conversation of what came first and who's on first will be important depending upon the jury instructions.

I see JW as a JA personality type honestly. I think she wants to one up on JM, but doesn't even come close. She stumbles over her cross, actually even on direct. She's not sure what to ask and then says, "Um, well let's uh try this way."
And I have been saying all along, JJS has let this go too far from both sides. She needed to reign them all in a long time ago. JA has had more than a fair trial, it's been the JA Reality show since day 1. :stormingmad:

She explains this in her testimony. It's legit.

Seriously, I wasn't implying that it wasn't legit. I couldn't get her testimony because the live link wasn't working and I thought she had moved here. I wonder if she lives here part time. Just out of being a busybody. Not 'cause I think she's doing something wrong. I'm sure if she'd had licensing issues, they'd have come up.

And what if they're like the CA jurors? I don't think I had as visceral a reaction to CA as I do for JA. :banghead:
This is not Florida, this jury gets it! Just listen to their questions. Have faith...

I think that the conversation of what came first and who's on first will be important depending upon the jury instructions.

Only if they believe Jodi's story. If she planned the murder, shot him first and he still defended himself from the knife before trying to crawl down the hallway away from her, it won't matter. That is still cruel and heinous.

I too haven't heard the dura pronounced like tow mater... but assumed it was like some who pronounce duodenum Do-o-DEE-num vs doo-WAD-de-num. Once I heard scalpel pronounced scal-PELL. Lol Which is totally different than the pharynx vs pharnyx bidness...

Yeah, there is "RES-pit-ory" and the more British "re-SPIRE-a-tory" regional differences.

This mispronunciation of "mater" is not a regional difference. IMO, it is ignorance. The word origin of mater is latin-- for "mother".

Dura mater
Pia mater
Arachnoid mater
"etc"

You hurt my hippocampus.

I was just watching the youtube replay of today's testimony - earlier I was just listening and didn't watch it.

I see that many of Travis friends are there today with his family. I love seeing that, and they actually look pretty relaxed and happy today.

I was just watching the youtube replay of today's testimony - earlier I was just listening and didn't watch it.

I see that many of Travis friends are there today with his family. I love seeing that, and they actually look pretty relaxed and happy today.

What did you think of the day overall minor? Was this maybe not one of the state's best days?

What did you make of the juror questions? Thanks for your opinions. I really value them.

I can't believe it, I am still watching this trial, just through part of the jury questions to Dr. Geffner. I just have to say that I can't believe the judge allowed this DT to drag out their direct for so long, is there no such thing as time limits in court? I didn't even watch JW's redirect, couldn't take any more punishment so I skipped over to Juan, and have to say that I fully enjoyed watching him demolish Dr. G on the stand. :rockon:

Oh, one more thing, wonder what's up with JW and that Cheshire cat grin she's had on her face all day long. Is she just cracking up or is something else going on with her. :ufo:

She does? I thought she lived in Phoenix or Scottsdale. A link posted earlier was from her CV I think and was to Steven Pitt & Associates in Scottsdale. So she lives in Lousiana, but practices out of Scottsdale?
She said in her testimony that she was originally from Louisiana, then when the hurricane hit, went to Arizona. Now she is back in Louisiana.

Only if they believe Jodi's story. If she planned the murder, shot him first and he still defended himself from the knife before trying to crawl down the hallway away from her, it won't matter. That is still cruel and heinous.

That is not what I am saying.

I am saying whether or not the order of the murder is significant will depend upon the jury's instructions.

If they need to consider the order of events to determine self defense, for instance, would determine whether they need to concentrate on that. Is that not true?

I thought that was the entire point of the defense insisting that the shot came first.

I know what that looks like, a seahorse. It's pretty important too in this case so says Dr. Samuels. :scared:

Who is Dr. Samuels?

JUST KIDDING :floorlaugh:

And to those still watching on HLN (I'm watching it for the second time, with you) it is so worth it to watch JW hit the brick wall. I mean, she cannot rile this woman and it is INFURIATING JW. Really funny, I wanted to watch it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth