State v Bradley Cooper 04/01/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But why should he have to make that kind of sacrifice for his (soon-to-be) ex-wife? Why is it ok for her to take both his kids away from him and move over 600 miles away while he's got to quit his six figure job and find something close to wherever his ex chooses to live?

You know why? Because life's not fair.

NC didn't "choose" to move back to Canada. She had no choice. If she wanted to work to support her girls, she needed to go back home where she was a legal resident with the ability to work. In the US, she was only a legal resident due to her marriage to BC. She was unable to work. When she divorced BC, she'd also no longer be legally allowed to stay in the US.

Do you have any idea what we make at Cisco? How is that a fair scenario for him?

True, BC would be unlikely to have that income in Canada - especially at the time in question when the economy was falling apart.

But this is what bothers me the most. Brad had his sponsorship through Cisco (as well as his green card?). Did he make ANY effort to get NC a green card in this time? Did he make any effort to become a US citizen, thereby allowing NC to become a permanent resident of the US?

Because if not, NC was truly stuck. She couldn't legally work in the US, and my understanding is she had a highly professional background. Didn't she and BC meet as colleagues at IBM in Canada?

Sorry but she had the STD test because she found out her lover had STD. Its in the affidavits.

False.

It's in Kurtz' March motion, which is not a sworn statement, nor is it testimony, nor is it evidence. It is RUMOR that the defense threw out to mislead. The defense, btw, is thrilled to have fooled people into believing everything they wrote in that motion. They are counting on people being either too dumb or too naive to understand that motions are not evidence and have no evidentiary value. They can literally ask for anything in a motion and by virtue of the fact that a motion is filed with the court and enters the public domain as a result, they get their story out there, even if none of it is true. AND, they don't have to ever back up anything or ever refer to the motion again.

They could write in a motion: "we want all records, interviews and documents pertaining to the alien abduction that took place on July 12th in which Nancy Cooper went missing" and they could file that motion. And yes, some people would be dumb enough to say, "oooohhhh lookie here Marge...there was an ALIEN ABDUCTION. I knew it!"

*****kind of off topic*****I just want to say how ashamed I am of myself. I'm out running errands right now, sitting in the parking lot at HT, thinking.... back into my reality, and cannot believe some of the things I have said about the victim in this trial. These are things that don't have anything go do with what happened or who did what. The only thing I have to say for myself is that one of my faults is that I'm too quick to openly criticize when I'm irritated. I speak before I think. I blurt things out and go on a rant, without taking into account the feelings of others. I need to try and express my thoughts and ideas more eloquently and with a little more compassion when dealing with others feelings and opinions.

I can't say I'll be well behaved all the time now but I certainly am aware of my actions and am going to keep reminding myself that these are real people involved here and not actors and actresses. I have no problem with anybody else; It's only my actions I'm concerned with and disappointed with.

FYI....The only reason I came here to begin with was because of the outcome of the Ray Cook trial and my disappointment with it. My boys very frequently drive through the intersection where Cook crashed into the young lady killing her. I can't imagine the heartbreak if it had been my child.

Anyway, I was so let down with the final result and subsequent sentenceing in his trial that I decided to start paying more attention to our justice system and what goes on, who does what, so that maybe instead of complaining about certain actions I could cast a vote in the future and try to support someone that may help certain changes to be made.

Of course, after being here now, I have become intrigued with this trial and still am.

I hope that concrete evidence that no one can question is presented one way or the other so it will be easy for jurors to know what to do in the end.

Okay, so moving on, I'm going to try and be less condemning of people involved in the future.

Pam

True, BC would be unlikely to have that income in Canada - especially at the time in question when the economy was falling apart.

But this is what bothers me the most. Brad had his sponsorship through Cisco (as well as his green card?). Did he make ANY effort to get NC a green card in this time? Did he make any effort to become a US citizen, thereby allowing NC to become a permanent resident of the US?

Because if not, NC was truly stuck. She couldn't legally work in the US, and my understanding is she had a highly professional background. Didn't she and BC meet as colleagues at IBM in Canada?

Good question...but I haven’t heard one of her friends say she wanted to get one but he wouldn’t let her... and we know that if she did say that they would definitely say so now!

The Coopers didn't look for houses in that new subdivision. We have the testimony on that. The prices were outside their range. That too is in testimony. If Brad was doing searches on or around the time of his wife's murder, it wasn't because he was looking to buy a house there. It will be linked to the disposal of the body, IMHO.

If the Internet searches are around the time of the murder, then I'll go with you on that. But if it's earlier than July, no way. I can totally see them looking at that subdivision for a newer, nicer home. They didn't have anything outside their price range. That was their problem.

False.

It's in Kurtz' March motion, which is not a sworn statement, nor is it testimony, nor is it evidence. It is RUMOR that the defense threw out to mislead. The defense, btw, is thrilled to have fooled people into believing everything they wrote in that motion.

No its going to be used as evidence... you just have to actually wait for the defenses turn and let the defense give there evidence and witnesses.

I live 2 miles from there... The traffic there is very sporadic... what he says about one being easier than the other it times is very accurate... But again if that is an argument the prosecution was going to use they would have done so with the detective’s don’t you think?

I have a difficult time believing there has ever been too much traffic on Lochmere Dr at 6:30 AM on a saturday morning to make a left turn. JMO

You know why? Because life's not fair.

NC didn't "choose" to move back to Canada. She had no choice. If she wanted to work to support her girls, she needed to go back home where she was a legal resident with the ability to work. In the US, she was only a legal resident due to her marriage to BC. She was unable to work. When she divorced BC, she'd also no longer be legally allowed to stay in the US.

You're right it's not fair. But yet in that situation he's the only one that stood to lose everything (money, job, kids, etc). What was she sacrificing?

You just made a post stating they are going to find history of fielding drive on his computer. Is that in any evidence so far?

I've said earlier that is my prediction of what will be presented. I base this on several factors, including the defense pretty much telling us this, trying to float the idea that aliens...errr...maruding morman mexican van drivers hacked into Brad's network/computers/brain, how the defense twitches every time the word 'computer' is mentioned, mention of the FBI agent who will be called to the stand, and other things.

This evidence confirms that things in that household were escalating! Nancy was trying to get out QUICKLY.

I have also wondered if, during the vacation, her parents possibly gave her some $$ for a place to lie low with the girls...you can get a rush passport in a couple of weeks if you pay extra for expediting the process... Maybe this came up that night & the fur started flying... ..
icon5.gif

No its going to be used as evidence... you just have to actually wait for the defenses turn and let the defense give there evidence and witnesses.

It is NOT evidence today. There is no sworn testimony to this. Motions are NOT evidence, nor are they testimony. You can certainly believe whatever you'd like, but legally a motion means nothing as far as what is proved or testified to.

They all make a ton believe me. And for this area the cost of living is so low... for them to be broke like they were... someone was spending a ton of money. I know how many hours he would be working he wouldn’t have much time to spend it all himself so keep that in mind.

Well, it's all relative I guess. His annual compensation was $135k, correct? But that included bonuses (how much?). Bonuses are taxed at a much higher rate - like 40-42% I think. I think his salary was around $110? Sure, still a decent wage. Would take home be around $7? , BUT they lived in a $300 (at least) with at least 1 second mortgage, 2 BMWS (both pre-owned I think, but still $), and a pretty outgoing lifestyle. I can see where they blew through the money pretty quickly. It wouldn't be that difficult (if they were carefree).

Affidavits and depositions are legal documents, sworn to and in evidence. They can be used in this trial. In fact, the defense has used info from several depositions to try and impeach witness testimony. So those are *in*.

But they aren't evidence in this trial (yet).

You're right it's not fair. But yet in that situation he's the only one that stood to lose everything (money, job, kids, etc). What was she sacrificing?

Well, what in the heck was she supposed to do? Be homeless? THERE WAS NO ALTERNATIVE for her.

And apparently she did sacrifice a lot. Her life.

I would imagine the salary level is based on the job, the job title, the salary band one is in, no? That's how it is at my company. Oh and the ability to pee standing up is a highly sought-after skill.

We can all pee standing up....it's just easier to aim (or write your name in the snow) for some of us.

Well, it's all relative I guess. His annual compensation was $135k, correct? But that included bonuses (how much?). Bonuses are taxed at a much higher rate - like 40-42% I think. I think his salary was around $110? Sure, still a decent wage. Would take home be around $7? , BUT they lived in a $300 (at least home) with at least 1 second mortgage, 2 BMWS (both pre-owned I think, but still $), and a pretty outgoing lifestyle. I can see where they blew through the money pretty quickly. It wouldn't be that difficult (if they were carefree).

What blows my mind is a year earlier (2007) they (she?) was looking into houses starting at 500K and under. That's an insane amount of money for a house that they didn't seem to have the means for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry