State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the necklace so important? The detectives didn't even take it into evidence until months later, right? Again, if he took it off her that night/early morning, why wouldn't he get rid of it, hide it, flush it down the toilet? It was in the guest room where his mom was staying, right?

I think the state made a HUGE deal of 2 things - the necklace and the dress. The dress turned out to be nothing. He didn't even wash it that morning (imo based on the opinion of SBI, deodorant stains, oily stain). So what that he forgot what she was wearing that night initially.

The necklace too. Why didn't he pitch it if he had to know it would incriminate him?

Because it was worth $3,000!

You can produce 5,000 pictures of her wearing the necklace, but I think it is very hard to jump from "she never took it off" to "this proves he killed her". It's similar to the argument that NC "never" ran in the Fielding Dr area. Don't think any of these "never" arguments can be strong enough to pass the "reasonable doubt" test.

The prosecution needs just one little piece of "homerun" evidence catching BC if not in the act, then lying about his alibi. I'm still hoping they have computer evidence that shows something. This guy has got to have left a trail someplace.

To you it was a waste. To Nancy it was something nice she could do to feel good and she hadn't had a pedi in months (per testimony).

To you it was a waste. To Nancy it was something nice she could do to feel good and she hadn't had a pedi in months (per testimony).

Spending a week at a lake and Hilton Head didn't make her feel good? It just doesn't fit the picture of a woman frantic to get out of her current situation.

There isn't only one piece of evidence that will prove he killed her. The necklace, alone, doesn't get the job done. But with testimony that Nancy never took it off, it indicates that it was very suspicious for that necklace to not only be off of NC's neck, but to be in the dresser drawer in the room BRAD used as his bedroom.

People who knew Nancy knew she never took that necklace off. You can doubt their word on it, but that doesn't change the facts. It is an indication that points towards BC's guilt. Alone though, no, it doesn't prove murder without some other evidence.

Spending a week at a lake and Hilton Head didn't make her feel good? It just doesn't fit the picture of a woman frantic to get out of her current situation.

You're projecting your own thoughts and feelings onto Nancy. And I suggest it is fruitless for you to do so. Plus you're a guy. You were not Nancy. Your picture is skewed by your perceptions and judgments. We're not looking at your version of what should be done or what should have been done. We're looking at this case and the testimony is what it is.

There isn't only one piece of evidence that will prove he killed her. The necklace, alone, doesn't get the job done. But with testimony that Nancy never took it off, it indicates that it was very suspicious for that necklace to not only be off of NC's neck, but to be in the dresser drawer in the room BRAD used as his bedroom.

People who knew Nancy knew she never took that necklace off. You can doubt their word on it, but that doesn't change the facts. It is an indication that points towards BC's guilt. Alone though, no, it doesn't prove murder without some other evidence.

It was in there with other jewelry that she wore. You act like this was some souvenir he kept, only to put it in a drawer with her other jewelry.

As a side note... I have a mica farm. LOL! I can get sheets of mica up bigger than your two hands! I heard once that they make theatrical make up with mica. If I find out that's true - I'm going to be contacting me some make up companies because I have the mother load of mica!

I toured a mica mine when I was at Western Carolina Univ. (it was "college" when I was there) for a student project when I was in high school. I have been fascinated with mica ever since. Way back then, it was still used in toasters since the shininess of it was obviously a plus, and apparently it would last a long time. (one of the examples I remember).

And yes, I can certainly see its application (no pun intended) in make up for foundation, blush, etc., that has very subtle little sparkles. Good for you and go for it!

I'm not confused at all about that. I'm confused why someone in her position would waste money on pedicures.

But I think the bottomline would be to Nancy..it was something she felt important...As outsider observers we sure tend to apply our logic to whats important, whats a waste of money, whats priority..and so on...It appears that Nan for whatever reason wished to splurg on something for herself and her girls...But..alas..not able to fulfill (maybe her promise to B to pamper themselves??) that wish...

As for myself..I have never ever had a manicure let alone a pedi.so it sure isnt one of my top pics to pamper myself..but that is just me :truce:

Yea, she felt good from June 28-July 5 when she was with her loving family and away from that control freak! That quickly faded once she returned to a life of sheer hell after the vacation her parents so kindly provided for the kids and her. She was right back to square one when her vacation was over!

That argument DOES NOT HOLD WATER when you are "frightened" for yourself , more importantly, for your daughters.

Just goes to show her being a spoiled brat with a sense of entitlement.

The defense need YOU on the witness stand if you knew her and knew all this to be true.

I am going by testimony. The testimony is that Nancy wasn't 'frightened' for herself. She was ANGRY and FRUSTRATED. That has been testified to by several people. Are you watching each witness and listening to their testimony? Some of the people around her were frightened and concerned for her. She herself didn't realize the danger she was in.

Why is the necklace so important? The detectives didn't even take it into evidence until months later, right? Again, if he took it off her that night/early morning, why wouldn't he get rid of it, hide it, flush it down the toilet? It was in the guest room where his mom was staying, right?

I think the state made a HUGE deal of 2 things - the necklace and the dress. The dress turned out to be nothing. He didn't even wash it that morning (imo based on the opinion of SBI, deodorant stains, oily stain). So what that he forgot what she was wearing that night initially.

The necklace too. Why didn't he pitch it if he had to know it would incriminate him?

because he wanted the jewelry to either sell and recoup the money or give to someone else (and not her daughters)
the jewelry could have been stolen from Nancy before authorities found her

the dress could have been used for the tracking dog, he hid it and then it reappeared

Poor Brad thought he would have at least 48 hours (to dispose of evidence) before anything was done to even look for his wife...his own lawyer said this (not the disposing evidence)

It was in there with other jewelry that she wore. You act like this was some souvenir he kept, only to put it in a drawer with her other jewelry.

That pendent was something she loved and wore all the time. Every day. That's the testimony in the case. It is significant that it was found in the house, in Brad's room.

You're projecting your own thoughts and feelings onto Nancy. And I suggest it is fruitless for you to do so. Plus you're a guy. You were not Nancy. Your picture is skewed by your perceptions and judgments. We're not looking at your version of what should be done or what should have been done. We're looking at this case and the testimony is what it is.

If you were looking at this case and the testimony without your obvious bias, you'd be pissed off that 4 weeks into a trial, the prosecution hasn't presented anything linking Brad Cooper to this murder. Maybe tomorrow though they will. Or maybe they will put yet another witness on that goes through great length to sound intelligent and important but in the end presents nothing of value yet again. But I'll keep watching right along with you and will gladly jump off this fence the moment they actually link him to this crime or prove that he spoofed that call. I do know one thing, he wasn't at home to dial that 6:40 am call. So they better do a good job of making the jurors believe he made that call. As of now, the only evidence presented at trial on that was a Cisco expert (you know, the one that wrote the book on Cisco voip) saying in an email that what CPD suggested couldn't be done.

But I will say this, the prosecution has done a great job of showing BC was a lousy husband and an all around jerk. But they have done nothing to show he was a murdererer. At least not yet. But maybe tomorrow. Or maybe the next day. Or maybe never.

If she felt that a pedi was going to "make her feel good" and it was something "nice" for HERSELF is obviously not too concerned with truly getting out of a potentially harmful situation or household.

Nope, a MOTHER that is scared or fed up or whatever would be saving every red penny for that move.

I think there is much more to Nancy than we have been told. Several things have been alluded to that I tried hard not to believe, but now.....things are changing ever so slowly. With every pro witness placed on the stand, it changes.

Because it was worth $3,000!

You can produce 5,000 pictures of her wearing the necklace, but I think it is very hard to jump from "she never took it off" to "this proves he killed her". It's similar to the argument that NC "never" ran in the Fielding Dr area. Don't think any of these "never" arguments can be strong enough to pass the "reasonable doubt" test.

The prosecution needs just one little piece of "homerun" evidence catching BC if not in the act, then lying about his alibi. I'm still hoping they have computer evidence that shows something. This guy has got to have left a trail someplace.

That's worth risking life in prison or the death penalty? Hanging on to a $3000 necklace? And he could never get that for it. That is what they paid for it but everyone knows you never get that back when you try to sell jewelry. I think the fact that the necklace did not disappear proves he is innocent more than guilty because a guilty person would have gotten rid of it.

That pendent was something she loved and wore all the time. Every day. That's the testimony in the case. It is significant that it was found in the house, in Brad's room.

It was in that room in October. There is ZERO testimony as to where it was on July 12th.

I for one will look forward to the Victim Impact statements when Brad is found Guilty.
Brad wanted rid of Nancy(because he loved someone else)...it is such a coincidence that she ended up Dead, If I was Brad I would have bought a lottery ticket because he is one lucky dude

because he wanted the jewelry to either sell and recoup the money or give to someone else (and not her daughters)
the jewelry could have been stolen from Nancy before authorities found her

the dress could have been used for the tracking dog, he hid it and then it reappeared

Poor Brad thought he would have at least 48 hours (to dispose of evidence) before anything was done to even look for his wife...his own lawyer said this (not the disposing evidence)

He had months to dispose of the necklace. He didn't hide the dress. It was in the hamper. He just didn't remember what she was wearing that night.

Being in a very bad situation it seems Nancy did what she could when she could to make life bearable ie: staying out of the house at friends, going to the park with the kids, running and as a runner keeping her feet in shape...and pedicures helped in that area. And just maybe it helped her feel good about herself...you are right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member