State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First off let me say I am absoutley OFFENDED by your suggestion that I have no " COMMON SENSE"....If you were ever the innocent victim of circumstance , you would never make such an assumption..I am done here...will continue to lurk, or just drop this site completely

Sorry..when I spoke of common sense I was speaking to a jury who can accept or reject circumstantial evidence..I only used the term YOU as an example of someone who has to have DIRECT evidence in order to convict..No More no less....I apologize IF that offended you :blushing:

I expect to find a really clean house....so far all the evidence has been to the contrary.... a very messy house ?......please,I am not argumentative...just stating what i have heard in testimony...not taking any sides at this point

Cluttered. But certain areas were VERY clean! Down to missing decorative items. He testifies during his depositions to his whirlwind cleaning spree. And prior testimony was that the bathroom he used was pretty dirty. On this day it was suddenly spotless. It's the little things that add up. MOO

That area in the back of her head that seemed to have some colonization of activity could have been caused as you said..pulling of hair to disurb the roots on her head..or could be when she got dropped there something hit her head to cause a break in her skull tissues back there...Obviously it wasnt a huge trauma, like a tire iron..or the like...Suffice to say..enough disturbance for collonization ..Best I can say about that :twocents:

Or someone strangling the life out of a woman, banging the back of her head against a hardwood floor - not enough to cause a fractured skull, but enough to cause tissue damage and possibly a small cut. Which of course, would cause someone to get down on their hands and knees and wash floors with hot water and vinegar.

First off let me say I am absoutley OFFENDED by your suggestion that I have no " COMMON SENSE"....If you were ever the innocent victim of circumstance , you would never make such an assumption..I am done here...will continue to lurk, or just drop this site completely

LyLo, don't let the occasional interloper upset you. Your comments are very solid and are very welcome. I appreciate your insight totally!

I would like to tell you exactly what I think happened but it involves JA and I think moderators here have made it clear we are not allowed to talk about witnesses so I guess we are just going to have to believe things will come out in testimony. I am surprised that more people haven't seen the huge gaping holes in her story by now. I just need to keep this to myself although I really wish I had someone to discuss it with.

I'm sure GOLO will provide you that outlet.

I would like to tell you exactly what I think happened but it involves JA and I think moderators here have made it clear we are not allowed to talk about witnesses so I guess we are just going to have to believe things will come out in testimony. I am surprised that more people haven't seen the huge gaping holes in her story by now. I just need to keep this to myself although I really wish I had someone to discuss it with.

I'm sure Kurtz and Blum would be more than happy to talk to you. I understand that you think that JA is involved but I don't see how physically it could happen and where would it happen?

Cluttered. But certain areas were VERY clean! Down to missing decorative items. He testifies during his depositions to his whirlwind cleaning spree. And prior testimony was that the bathroom he used was pretty dirty. On this day it was suddenly spotless. It's the little things that add up. MOO

Yep, it's the little things. That's what this case has been about so far. I'm just praying the jurors are getting those little things too.

I just asked my husband to bring me some yogurt...he did it, but I could tell he was annoyed. I said "Thanks Brad".....he knew who I meant and said" Brad wouldn't have brought Nancy the yogurt" .....Haha... Oh, I needed that.

I think the difference between many of us (generally speaking, of course) is those posters that KNOW Brad committed the crime, have in some way, shape, or form, identifies with Nancy. Doesn't matter if they knew her or could relate to Nancy's problems - they have a common bond.

Those of us that did not know her, or could emotionally relate to her specific situation, need further actual proof - the ah ha moment - that Brad committed the crime.

Remember, we have not heard his side of the trial yet.

I just think it's easier for us to NEED proof. I'm willing to bet that many believe he did, but there's a difference in "thinking" and "proving".

I meant no offense to the previous poster that may have thought I was being disrespectful to Nancy. I'm sorry.

That is true but unlike other cases, we have heard his side through depositions. He contradicted a number of things. I personally cannot relate to Nancy. My dealings with finances is nothing like what was going on there. But that's not to say that I'm in some way better than she is. We are different. No matter what her faults, she did not deserve to die.

He did say that. Specifically $24K on her American Express card in one year.

Thanks!

Guess my point would be that it's the same amount and he said she was over spending....not so it seems.

Found a link...

"Defense attorneys say Nancy Cooper's spending, including more than $24,000 on her American Express card in 2007, had outpaced their client's salary and that Brad Cooper put his wife on a weekly budget of $300 to protect them from financial ruin."

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/nancycooper/story/9266067/

Another Kurtz statement in opening debunked.

I know this case is emotional for some of us. I have seen a few 'testy' posts in the past week, but that's ok. It's a great forum and I have grown very fond of each of you who post regularly. Even those who are in opposition to some of my views, I respect you and your opinions.
I'm going to call it a day and do some winding down. See you guys back on here in the morning!

I'm sure GOLO will provide you that outlet.

What am I missing? Why can't she share on this board? Not being sarcastic, seriously, but I thought this board was for the discussion of ALL things. Good, bad, or ugly.

Again, please, no sarcasm offered, I am new to the board. Is it more of a pro-Nancy support/trial board.

TIA

I'm sure Kurtz and Blum would be more than happy to talk to you. I understand that you think that JA is involved but I don't see how physically it could happen and where would it happen?

Oh I have no doubt they see the huge gaping holes that I see in this witness's story. They are so close to it and I only have the information I've been able to gather from testimony and affidavits.

I wish I could tell you more but it involves talking about a witness.

I think this forum is great! everyone thinks differently. It is great to see all the different opinions. :seeya:

I think the difference between many of us (generally speaking, of course) is those posters that KNOW Brad committed the crime, have in some way, shape, or form, identifies with Nancy. Doesn't matter if they knew her or could relate to Nancy's problems - they have a common bond.

Those of us that did not know her, or could emotionally relate to her specific situation, need further actual proof - the ah ha moment - that Brad committed the crime.

Remember, we have not heard his side of the trial yet.

I just think it's easier for us to NEED proof. I'm willing to bet that many believe he did, but there's a difference in "thinking" and "proving".

I meant no offense to the previous poster that may have thought I was being disrespectful to Nancy. I'm sorry.

BBM:
I do not have to see Brad murder Nancy to believe he did it. Nine times out of ten a person will be found guilty with this much circumstantial evidence pointing at him/her.

What is this about a common bond with Nancy? I do not understand your statement. I just have this 'thing' about wanting justice for victims. My late husband was the night commander of a large police department and I was a deputy for 10 years. I have seen people like Brad Cooper. I have also followed murder cases for 20 years. I can see something in Brad Cooper that is very cold and calculating. I can even see the cruelty there. Why would there be this much circumstantial evidence against an innocent man???? We have not even seen all of the evidence yet. The FBI computer and phone forensic people have not testified yet. Maybe they will give you your AHA! moment.

**Going into lurking mode now!

That is true but unlike other cases, we have heard his side through depositions. He contradicted a number of things. I personally cannot relate to Nancy. My dealings with finances is nothing like what was going on there. But that's not to say that I'm in some way better than she is. We are different. No matter what her faults, she did not deserve to die.

Totally agree. Nobody deserves to die for any faults. We are on the same page.

Granted, I'm fairly new to following the case, but I just need to hear his side of the story in regards to any evidence, defense witnesses etc. I don't need to hear his words again, just what his attorneys have found to present.

I just asked my husband to bring me some yogurt...he did it, but I could tell he was annoyed. I said "Thanks Brad".....he knew who I meant and said" Brad wouldn't have brought Nancy the yogurt" .....Haha... Oh, I needed that.

On that subject (and this case obsessing our lives) my husband was out of the house yesterday and I had my African Grey out of his cage. I needed to get him back in but he was on the top of the cage which is well over my head. I had to get a bar stool and stand on it so I was taller (Higher in "the tree" in bird logic) to get him on my finger and back in the cage. I was telling my husband about this when he came home and he said, "You did what? You stood up on what stool? Oh, I can see it now if you fell. 'And where were you when this happened Mr. __________. Did anyone see you?'" I had to sort of laugh. (Side note. I'm a notorious klutz.)

Thank you. I'm sick of hearing the victim in this case degraded and slammed and demeaned. I thought Websleuths was all about protecting the victim and that victim bashing wasn't allowed. But it's rampant in this thread.

less0305, I have no idea why it is different in this case, but it is.

I also think it is a shame that Nancy's friends are thought so little of. There ia a group of friends and all of them are dishonest? I think not.

***really going into lurking mode now!

Sorry..when I spoke of common sense I was speaking to a jury who can accept or reject circumstantial evidence..I only used the term YOU as an example of someone who has to have DIRECT evidence in order to convict..No More no less....I apologize IF that offended you :blushing:

So you are saying that you could send someone to life in prison with NO direct evidence of their guilt ?....

There are holes in her story too. I know you guys don't want to hear this, I'm sorry. She did not report her knowledge of NC's plans to paint with JA until August. She was questioned by police the day NC went missing and said not a word about those plans. I'm sorry. There are more holes in JA's story than BC's and that is why I have HUGE doubt about the state's case.

Now will come posts about how CC forgot and then later remembered,etc. I don't buy it!

OK. Willing to listen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member