State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he did it, why only dress her in a sports bra? Why roll the sports bra under? Why dump her body so close to her house? Why not take the time to dump the body away from everyday traffic and people?

I'm serious...I question the same thing about why Brad would do these things.

He did dump the body in a private location IMO. When you live in the city, you choose someplace as private as possible, and that location was pretty private. But for the dog walker, she wouldn't have been discovered as quickly IMO. Plus he couldn't go too far, what with the kids home alone.

As for the sports bra rolling, obviously you have never tried to take off a sports bra. I remember nearly strangling myself with one last summer, after a long, tiring day. The damn thing rolled up so tight I about had to call my husband to come and rescue me from the 'attack bra'. :banghead:

The defense pretty much telegraphed this in their opening and continues to twitch and try to suggest tampering of computer and hacking into the network. It's so obvious!

My point was you believe it to exist despite no actually testimony of it. Yet you dismiss other things that the defense says exists.

Why was he in a hurry? Finishing dressing her would have taken a minute or 2? Why didn't he have time to drive further away?

I can only guess since I'm not a murderer. I'm guessing he wanted it over with. He had two young children at home alone. I would think that dressing a dead body would take more than a minute or two. He didn't want to take the time. He wasn't thinking this all the way through and thinking how it would look if she wasn't completely dressed. He wanted it to look like a SA.

I think the CPD bashing is quite a bit absurd as well. When the scratches and bandaid were noticed the CPD was dealing with a missing person case and not a murder case. Would the CPD have been able to legally photo the scratches? Are we talking about the same defense team that posted a picture of NC on their website showing her not wearing the necklace?
I'm not bashing them, but I will say that I think that some of the mistakes that they have made are a result of not having a lot of experience with this kind of case. What's the murder rate in Cary? It seems like they should have gotten some consulting help from Raleigh or Durham (they know a thing or two about murders).

He did dump the body in a private location IMO. When you live in the city, you choose someplace as private as possible, and that location was pretty private. But for the dog walker, she wouldn't have been discovered as quickly IMO. Plus he couldn't go too far, what with the kids home alone.

As for the sports bra rolling, obviously you have never tried to take off a sports bra. I remember nearly strangling myself with one last summer, after a long, tiring day. The damn thing rolled up so tight I about had to call my husband to come and rescue me from the 'attack bra'. :banghead:

This is why one of my earlier arguments was AGAINST the time-line being presented. I actually thought the sports bra could have been the weapon.

I remember running down to the outside "mud room" in shorts and pulling my shirt and shoes on there to run....was thinking maybe that's when she got ambushed.

But seriously, why does she have no clothes on? That's been driving me bonkers. No one has addressed that at all. Was she nude during the argument? He stripped her down? (They/it/whomever)

Could it have been an attempt to have sex with her gone wrong?

I think the CPD bashing is quite a bit absurd as well. When the scratches and bandaid were noticed the CPD was dealing with a missing person case and not a murder case. Would the CPD have been able to legally photo the scratches? Are we talking about the same defense team that posted a picture of NC on their website showing her not wearing the necklace?

They photographed other things at the house that day. Why would they have done that?

Why was he in a hurry? Finishing dressing her would have taken a minute or 2? Why didn't he have time to drive further away?

I think the question is what was NC wearing at the time of her murder if BC is guilty. I find it odd that she did not have panties on. Did the attack occur after NC had a shower that evening and she was nude? Did BC attempt to dress her and found it difficult to put on the sports bra, therefore decided it best to not try to dress her further? Or was NC fully clothed yet BC tried to get her dressed to appear as she went jogging thus the need for the sports bra? Also, I believe there are telling signs that a person may have been dressed by someone else, especially in the case of how shoes are tied.

Why he did not have time to drive further? The kids were home alone in the house.

You know with all this talk about how he did it because he didn't want to give her child support and alimony, they don't seem to bring up the amount during any of this testimony. I think I read it was 2100 per month.. in that 1st draft of the separation agreement, let me know if that is correct or if you guys found something else?

Of course she had a great time away from BC and with the ones she loved and who loved her -- she was back in a happy world and one with nothing to scare her babies, but toward the end of the visit she began to feel down. Why? Because she knew that nothing had changed at home, and there was nothing she could do to change it. If it had been just Nancy & no children, things would have been quite different by now & she would still be alive today.

Are you really so insensitive to ask such a question and make such a statement?

How was I being insensitive?

So if it was use to drag her, that would mean he got it all the way on. And if he got that all the way on, why not the rest of her clothes? It seems the sports bra would be the hardest part.

Right. Why take the time to attempt that thing? I think the bra was already on, used as a handle by someone not capable of fully lifting the body, dragging it head first, thus the drag force causing the bra to roll up, under or over, now that I think on it more - the dragger giving up on moving the body after just a few feet, or not able to pull the body up the slight incline of the other side of the ditch.

He was in a hurry.

He pushed the sports bra on and didn't take the time to position it correctly.

He didn't have time to drive further away.

All of these things point to someone who had limited time. A kidnapper who had limited time would not take the time to remove every single article of clothing from her body except the sports bra but leave behind the diamond earrings. If she didn't run in the area where the body was found, how did she get there? Was she driven there? Then why not drive way far away from any populated area? We're supposed to believe that the kidnapper took her in broad daylight while many people were out and about. Who would dump a body in an area that was relatively populated? Someone who was dumping the body before the sun came up maybe?

I believe she already had it on and wore it the night of the party. Some time back someone suggested it was a thin strapped dress and wouldn't look right. Now I've seen the dress and believe the bra would work under it. I believe she was about to take a shower following an argument, was undressing, and BC busted in and a physical altercation perhaps pushing by NC to get him out and he put her down, she hit her head a somewhat on the floor and he choked her.

Honest question here....would she wear 2 necklaces at the same time?

Depending upon the necklaces, yes, I have worn more than one at a time. Especially something like the one she wore all the time. The chain was so fine, hardly noticable except in close-ups. I would have worn a simple pearl necklace, perhaps an 18 incher.

But he wouldn't have been taking the bra off. He would have been putting it on. Maybe someone else did this and tried to take the sports bra off but couldn't get it off because of what you just said.

We don't have answers per say, but we do have tons of opinions. Unfortunately, you are a few weeks late to the party. There are several threads earlier if you wish to read through and catch up on what we've hashed out thus far. Anything you have new to add or bring up will probably get a chorus of responses.

The gist of those rundowns is:

1) It could have been irrelevant information that was reproduced elsewhere (address books, phone records, etc.)
2) It was an innocent mistake.
3) It was part of the evil plot to ruin Cisco's stock plans.
4) It could have contained pertinent information regarding either side of the case (texts, notes, photos, contacts, etc.)

The straw is just insane at this point. (Mainly the lack of collection and the admission that it took a year and a half to get it into the notes, along with all 18,768 other pages of notes, etc in the discovery of this case)

Actually it was testimony from YESTERDAT I hardly seee how that could be WEEKS late?
1:Irrelevant?...Hardly...straw and address book?..you gotta be kiding
2: Innocent mistake,possibly...but a year and half later?...I dunno
3:part of cisco plot...NAh...too far fetched
4: pertinet info: absoutley...but for who?....guess we'll never know........NOW
and also you make no distinction in your repy pertaining to the phone and the straw evidence

I can only guess since I'm not a murderer. I'm guessing he wanted it over with. He had two young children at home alone. I would think that dressing a dead body would take more than a minute or two. He didn't want to take the time. He wasn't thinking this all the way through and thinking how it would look if she wasn't completely dressed. He wanted it to look like a SA.

See, here is my issue. He wasn't thinking this all the way through, yet was thinking clearly enough about how to set up and execute a faked call for an alibi?

You know with all this talk about how he did it because he didn't want to give her child support and alimony, they don't seem to bring up the amount during any of this testimony. I think I read it was 2100 per month.. in that 1st draft of the separation agreement, let me know if that is correct or if you guys found something else?

The $2100/mo was just child support. The alimony amount was yet to be determined. That's the way I remember it.

I'm thinking the bra was used as a handle to drag the body, that's why its rolled up.

But, to me it would make a difference if the bra was rolled from the bottom up with the straps on the inside - like I would guess would happen if the bra was already on and it was actually rolled up, like they have described it.

OR... was the bra rolled under, with the straps on the outside, like I would imagine would happen if you were trying to place the bra on a lifeless body. I guess the pics we didn't see would show this. Anybody see those pics???

I'm wearing a sports bra right now. Hubby and I went for a run after dinner. I just asked him to try to drag me across the floor with it. He thought I'd lost my mind, but after I explained why, he agreed. :crazy: It didn't work. IF Brad did it, I would think your other theory would be more likely--trying to put a sports bra on a lifeless body would be a challenge, to say the least.

Actually I saw the pictures of Brad's neck posted by his attorneys on their website and even though it was said to have been taken several days later, his neck looked like it had red marks on the left side but not on the right. I was surprised that they posted that. And if he had a superficial scratch on his finger, why did he have a bandaid on it?

Was it a hook type sports bra? Some are one piece others hook/latch. If the later, perhaps the cut came from dragging NC by the sports bra.

Actually it was testimony from YESTERDAT I hardly seee how that could be WEEKS late?
1:Irrelevant?...Hardly...straw and address book?..you gotta be kiding
2: Innocent mistake,possibly...but a year and half later?...I dunno
3:part of cisco plot...NAh...too far fetched
4: pertinet info: absoutley...but for who?....guess we'll never know........NOW
and also you make no distinction in your repy pertaining to the phone and the straw evidence

At the risk of being troll bait (no offense intended) My only "straw comment" was the last part. The rest was phone related. Sorry I did not distinguish.

See, here is my issue. He wasn't thinking this all the way through, yet was thinking clearly enough about how to set up and execute a faked call for an alibi?

If that was set up and I do believe it was, it was after the fact. Getting a dead person out of the house was urgent. He had some time to set up the alibi. I'm still curious about the 6:05 call. I'm wondering if that wasn't the original "alibi call" but he realized that he had to be away from the house with solid evidence that he couldn't have been home. I'm still not convinced that he didn't use the four year old to accomplish that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14