State v Bradley Cooper 04/04/11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this bouncing between technical testimony and emotional testimony not confusing to the jury?

It's been confusing me since the start. Do all of the scientific evidence up front and then bring in personal witnesses.

What is the strategy for calling these witnesses. I have watched alot of trials and im perplexed.

I would have called maybe 1/2 the witnesses so far.
The state needs to get toward the climax and stop wasting time with inconclusive evidence. What did seem halfway compelling was disjointed and left little effect on the jury. I must say, I am very disappointed in the state's case so far.

Prosecution: And next, from our magic hat we will draw the name of our next random witness who will testify without a doubt that Nancy Cooper is dead and we have no idea who did it.

I'M SO FRUSTRATED!!!!!

Anyone else get the feeling that the DA's office had no case, but since BC's attys claimed investigative negligence they had to go to trial to prove their own innocence rather than BC's guilt??

What is the strategy for calling these witnesses. I have watched alot of trials and im perplexed.

I'm guessing they don't want the jury to lose sight of Nancy as a person, so perhaps their strategy is to spread out the most emotional witnesses--Mom in the beginning, Krista in the middle and Dad near the end of their case.

I feel bad for her. I hope the state has a good reason for putting her up there.

I think it's a very clever move even if there is not a real reason to have her up here. It tugs at your heart and really brings home the fact NC is a victim who is truly missed by her loved ones, not just this person they're discussing in this trial.

The mods here prefer that other website info remain there. Just a heads up.

It's been confusing me since the start. Do all of the scientific evidence up front and then bring in personal witnesses.

I can only hope that the jury is keeping good notes..I know I would be if I was a juror...

Scientific testimony can be very tedious, and jurors could easily get overwhelmed with data, stats etc.....JMO thoughts on that...

Is this bouncing between technical testimony and emotional testimony not confusing to the jury?

It seems to be the strategy. Present a bunch of non-incriminating evidence then follow with emotional testimony to remind the jury he was a bad guy.

Wow, what generous parents. $24k each kid received a gift.

I can only hope that the jury is keeping good notes..I know I would be if I was a juror...

Scientific testimony can be very tedious, and jurors could easily get overwhelmed with data, stats etc.....JMO thoughts on that...

They have notebooks and I hope they are taking copious notes--even if they, individually, don't understand some of the importance. When they deliberate, the notes could become valuable, more valuable than they realize now.

That's true. However, I would have put forth my most compelling evidence by this point. All of us on here keep thinking the real evidence is coming. But how do you not put that out there already?

Guilty or innocent, this prosecution has really, REALLY disappointed. Everything from the opening statement, which was clumsy, rambling, not focused, down to the poor questioning, totally random order of calling witnesses, presenting evidence that actually helps the defense, etc.

But then again, it goes right along with how poor of a job the police and investigators did. Amazing anybody could be convicted if this is how police and prosecutors normally do.

Ohhhhhh now its coming out that nancy received a financial gift (as her siblings did)..So that bear painting costs did NOT come out of Brad's pocket after all...

So Nancy had her own money to buy the bear painting. And used the rest of the monetary gift from Nancy's parents to pay off credit card debt.

"Nan always thought she married the safe guy. Her best friend. the one who would never hurt her."

That's true. However, I would have put forth my most compelling evidence by this point. All of us on here keep thinking the real evidence is coming. But how do you not put that out there already?

I agree. I'm pretty disgusted with the prosecution at this point. But it's still all of the little things that the 'Brad did it' folks hope will still add up in the minds of the jurors. Going back to the Dateline case last Friday night--no evidence whatsoever and the jury used their common sense and found the man guilty. I'm not giving up hope yet--just disappointed with the prosecution thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member