State v Bradley Cooper 04-20-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I've seen proved today is that people love conspiracy and they love conspiracy theories. I don't think Mr. Ward is the only one who enjoys a good conspiracy theory (or even a bad one).

It's boring when a perp does something that others classify as 'stupid' and something s/he should 'know better than to do.' It angers people because they see the error and know or believe they wouldn't make that mistake. A smart perp is supposed to outwit the system. They are supposed to be smarter than the cops and smarter than the county employees who are looking at the case. I've seen a lot of "I don't think he did it because he's too smart to do x, y, or z."

It's much more exciting and tantalizing to imagine all the possibilities of how something could happen. The more elusive, the more exciting it becomes. And it works to help dissipate the anger and disappointment one might feel toward a smart perp who did a really dumb thing, because if this elaborate situation took place, then you can't blame the perp afterall. LOOK he was framed! It coulda happened!

Except of course, the simple truth 99.99999999999% of the time is no one framed this super smart perp. He did the crime and got caught and now people are angry.

Men are all about comfort. My favorite shirts have small holes in them from being worn/washed so much.

My favorite shirt has a hole from being nibbled by a bird. It breaks my heart. I LOVED that shirt.

So what do we have, a call that could have been spoofed, a web search that could have been back dated, what do we really have here?

We have, what the big old teddy bear detective said, a domestic issue. We have a husband & wife who absolutely hated each other. We have a man who used every trick in the book to control his wife. To make her life miserable. We have friends, neighbors, acquaintances, who observed what was happening, and voice their alarm, their fear, their concern, before Nancy 'went missing'. We have a dead body, wearing exactly what husband said she'd be wearing, a red & black sports bra. We have the necklace she wore stuffed into his dresser drawer. And we have diamond earings still stuck into her ears. We have nobody, not a single person, reporting any sort of scuffle, loud screams, fighting, Nancy Cooper was a strong, vibrant, fast runner. Nobody snatched her off the street without a fight. This wasn't a rape, it wasn't a robbery, it was a domestic homicide IMO. That's what we have here. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

We have, what the big old teddy bear detective said, a domestic issue. We have a husband & wife who absolutely hated each other. We have a man who used every trick in the book to control his wife. To make her life miserable. We have friends, neighbors, acquaintances, who observed what was happening, and voice their alarm, their fear, their concern, before Nancy 'went missing'. We have a dead body, wearing exactly what husband said she'd be wearing, a red & black sports bra. We have the necklace she wore stuffed into his dresser drawer. And we have diamond earings still stuck into her ears. We have nobody, not a single person, reporting any sort of scuffle, loud screams, fighting, Nancy Cooper was a strong, vibrant, fast runner. Nobody snatched her off the street without a fight. This wasn't a rape, it wasn't a robbery, it was a domestic homicide IMO. That's what we have here. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

That is a pretty good synopsis without getting into any of the computer stuff. MOO

I wonder how many friends of Jay Ward pulled up BZ's private facebook tonite?

Although, I must say, it's an awfully cute photo of Boz standing on top of a very large cliff. It's actually quite appropriate.

I thought of that possibility, mostly with some earlier witnesses. Decided I really did not want to be their friends.

Think about the security issues with the computers and networks used by courts, prosecutors, private law firms, and law enforcement. What is it worth to criminal organizations to be able to spy on law enforcement?

Sneak in through a laptop, and slowly move to other targets. Or maybe Trojan some piece of hardware -- a router, graphics card, a bug embedded in a cable plug -- either prior to delivery to customer or planted by a cleaning crew or some visitor.

He would probably be accepted as an expert in the field of computer software in a court of law. He would not be accepted as an expert in computer forensics. MOO

I think he would qualify as an expert in the operating system (which is basically the forensics of it).

Not that common. So there's no reason to think that this guy with a General Studies degree and some certifications should be qualified as an expert that could clearly understand what may have happened between Brad and the technology surrounding him at the time of the murder. The expert acknowledged that Brad knew more than he did.

He acknowledged this in voip, not security. And BC does know more about voip than JW.

I think he would qualify as an expert in the operating system (which is basically the forensics of it).

Yes. His knowledge of his own OS but not all the other programs and their interactions. He may have knowledge of that but he would not be qualified as an expert. And he had BETTER not have a questionable facebook page! MOO

He acknowledged this in voip, not security. And BC does know more about voip than JW.

Oh, come on. You have to admit that the defense team was cringing when JW was on the stand extolling the superior expertise of the defendant.

So what do we have, a call that could have been spoofed, a web search that could have been back dated, what do we really have here?

We have a very unstable marriage in a foreign country with two young children. We have the victim being taken by her family on vacation in that foreign country (providing help) that ended a week prior to her disappearance. We have the victim returning home, finding a pigstey, and going to a party the following weekend where she ostracized her husband. She sent him home early in the evening with the comment that he should figure out how to put a child to bed (doesn't sound very friendly). The next morning, she is missing and several friends believe something is wrong, deadly wrong. As it turns out, all of her friends are right. She was murdered and found partially clothed along-side a drainage ditch.

What we have is most likely a spousal homicide where Brad, who searched the site (where she was found) before Nancy disappeared, is guilty of murder. No amount of complaints against the law will transform Brad into an innocent man. What we have is a defense lawyer trying to reduce the evidence to questions about technology, and a prosecutor stomping his feet repeating that "all the neighbors said so". It's not quite that bad, but ... it does come down to timing and who stays or concedes first ... it's about two male lawyers more concerned with their own big picture life objectives than the details of how they get there.

I hope there is more to the trial so far than a spoofed phone call and a back dated websearch ... otherwise ... what have we all been doing for the last five weeks! Five weeks of phone calls and computer files ... that in the end confuse the jury.

Honestly, a whole bunch of confusion. I would hate to be a juror.

Right. So how can Ward be an expert on Brad's electronic activites? He knows less ... experts are supposed to know more.

An operating system expert ... what is that?

I guess it's time for tech guys, operating system experts, computer scientists and door to door geeks to find new job descriptions to separate themselves from each other.

If we're going to consider conspiracy theories, we have to include the possibility that BC himself planted the Fielding Drive files on his own computer as a way to fake a penetration and fake someone framing him. He has more skill in this area than any of the witnesses we've seen to date, except maybe the G-man.

Just sayin'...

My favorite shirt has a hole from being nibbled by a bird. It breaks my heart. I LOVED that shirt.

Wear that shirt proudly. Some of my t-shirts are so worn that parts of them are nearly transparent. I bought one at the University of Texas in 1999 when NC State upset Texas in football. I love running in it...but if I hold it in front of my face, the fabric is so worn that you can practically see through it. Also has plenty of holes around the neck. But I love it. It will disintegrate before I throw it away.

I disagree. I think Kurtz through this witness firmly planned to show the jury exactly where the penetration/tampering occurred. I also think, even without using the FBI data exactly, they did show that it doesn't look as though BC did the zooming in that the FBI implied on the 11th.

I'm back to "not guilty" after today's testimony.

Hmmmm....I guess I missed your guilty phase. What caused you to think he was guilty? Why did you change your mind? TIA..

Right. So how can Ward be an expert on Brad's electronic activites? He knows less ... experts are supposed to know more.

He didn't testify about Brad's voip activities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest