State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch... didn't know of Fielding but said she would never run were there wasn't sidewalks. Another small slip up perhaps?

Methinks, dgfred, methinks....

If my hubby was, perish the thought, missing on his morning run and I was asked if he ran on abbra-cad-dabbra road a few days later ... I'd be gob-smacked and ask "Where?????" I would NOT say "He never runs "there"...".

Extra: from the descriptions here of the house pictures, yellow pillowcases, dirty house, etc .... ghjeeezsh - I almost wanna reattach my saline drip, I feel that SICK!

I was just trying to point out that aside from the google search, when he was asked about Fielding Drive after she was found, and he said he didn't know the area, it seems odd since the street is right outside his neighborhood.

It is highly likely a lie. He trained for distance cycling and would have been riding all over the place around there - at about 18 mph or so.

edit: i looked it up and sad to say he was a bit faster than me on the bike at a triathlon we were both at.

Methinks, dgfred, methinks....

If my hubby was, perish the thought, missing on his morning run and I was asked if he ran on abbra-cad-dabbra road a few days later ... I'd be gob-smacked and ask "Where?????" I would NOT say "He never runs "there"...".

Extra: from the descriptions here of the house pictures, yellow pillowcases, dirty house, etc .... ghjeeezsh - I almost wanna reattach my saline drip, I feel that SICK!
`

EXACTLY!

Brad was steering them away from Fielding Drive.

IF my spouse was missing, I would be on the phone with LE SEVERAL times a day. They'd probably be sick of hearing from me.

IF my spouse was missing, I would NOT refuse to go down to headquarters to answer questions. Using one's children as an excuse, when there were plenty of helpful hands who would gladly assist you, PLUS, how can you have a serious discussion about your loved one, when you have little ones to tend to?

IF my spouse was PERHAPS found, I would ask LE how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, I'd ask how it happened?

IF my spouse WAS found dead, and LE wanted to search my house, I'd sign anything they wanted, take a poly, do news conferences, anything to find out who killed my loved one.

The operative words here are 'loved one.' :mad:

When you love someone and someone else has harmed them, you don't think about the Constitution.

Sorry, human nature.

JMHO
fran

Is anybody watching wral.com for the news part? talking about defense making the fbi agent say that the time stamps were not correct. moo

If completely innocent... what would be A reason for not letting LE look thru your home? Just wondering.

The jury should draw no inference from that.

Anyway, one reason is that he could have had a legitimate concern that the police would find things that could be miscontrued as evidence of misconduct when, if he hadn't killed her, they should be focusing outside the home. I don't believe that was his concern however.

I think some of you are a little confused as to what the constitution is, and who it protects. It is a document of rights afforded to EVERY person in the United States, citizen or not. And frankly, I consider anyone who does NOT exercise those rights, to be a bit dense. The only rights you must be a citizen to exercise are the right to vote, and become President. But there is nothing that can take the rights of the Bill of Rights from a person standing on American soil, no matter their country of origin.

I have absolutely no issue with Brad excercising his rights, just as I dont have any issue with LE securing the residence until the S/W was served. It just goes down to appearances, and since he had allowed the LE to tour the house before that date ( July 12th), it makes one ponder why, what has changed in that house?

I know, because he now realized he was a "Person of Interest" which he was due to his answers changing, but he asked if he was a suspect..and they said no..BUT had to have known Life as he knew it was never going to be the same, and needed legal council to guide him thru the maze of the law..

Bottomline~ Good move to seek council Bad move Council did interview saying they and their client was cooperating..Just say ongoing investigations..no more no less..but they didnt..Thus attempts to obtain full statement by Det. Daniels going thru Brad's council..All up and above board.

If completely innocent... what would be A reason for not letting LE look thru your home? Just wondering.

I'll try to give a recap on the Ramsey case by memory. I could be a bit off on some of these, so anyone feel free to make a correction.

-The Ramsey parents were immediately suspected because of several things, including the "always look at the parents first" mantra
-The Ramsey's, who were educated and successful, almost immediately obtained an attorney, which LE and the DA felt pointed to their guilt
-LE and the DA accused the parents of not "acting right" to finding their daughter's body. The father was too stoic, and the mother wailing and praying for God to raise her child from the dead must have been an elaborate act.
-The family, realizing they were being railroaded, refused many LE requests and always had their attorney involved.
-The family was villianized...to the point many suspected their young son of murdering their child, and it even went to the grand jury, though the jury refused to indict.
-There was a ton of fallout in LE, with firings, special assignments, replacements, etc. The new team finally concluded the Ramsey's were not involved.

I think there are quite a few similairities in the BC case.

I was traveling today and didn't get to watch any video. How did BC look today...any visible difference in his demeanor etc. Thanks

The jury should draw no inference from that.

Anyway, one reason is that he could have had a legitimate concern that the police would find things that could be miscontrued as evidence of misconduct when, if he hadn't killed her, they should be focusing outside the home. I don't believe that was his concern however.

That is a terrible reason IMO. I wasn't asking what the jury would 'infer'... but what would be a legitimate reason not to let them search. As fran said, I don't think there is one and now we see why most likely.

It's a slippery slope because she wasn't killed to make it look like suicide.

This is what the pros. said:
Prosecutor: Website shows what went on in Brad's head. Perhaps he was going to make it look like Nancy committed suicide.

But the fact that he didn't make it look like this means he wants the jury to go to that assumption, which is originally why the judge sustained it.

Also, there is a big difference between what they are trying to say now about the maps and his looking at a site that took him to a site on a father losing his children and that father suiciding. BZ wants to bring this in saying to state of mind, that is the wrong argument in this instance.

I was traveling today and didn't get to watch any video. How did BC look today...any visible difference in his demeanor etc. Thanks

The exuberance and some of the whine was missing from Kurtz. Each time the camera showed Brad he was looking down-scribbling or just looking down mostly. The camera didn't show him but a few times. Nothing exciting happened after it went live. Det. Daniels, being examined by ADA Cummings, pretty much covered the same things we already heard from the other detectives.

Trying to catch up here, so I apologize for going back, but that argument goes both ways. Defense attorneys can also become jaded and have big egos with agendas. What if, perhaps for Kurtz, this case is less about whether or not he thinks BC is innocent, but rather about furthering his career trying to overturn precedent regarding FBI analyzation methods? All the way up the system he goes.....

We all know Defense attorney's have big ego's and want notches in their belts, that is not a secret. They also become jaded I am sure, but they do not have the power to jail people, or power at all in the larger scheme of things. Having government sanctioned power is the issue at hand, and how it can at times cause corruption, especially when we look at how they are recognized for success.

Ok so now we are arguing that he had to already know where fielding dr is so why the need for a google search?

It's called ... ACTING, imho. Of *course* he knew where Fielding was, he goggled it way back. When all 'n sundry landed on his doorstep (per favor JA) he ACTED described her running routine. Said she wouldn't run with no sidewalks. Later, when asked about Fielding - said "she wouldn't run "there".

<modsnip>.

(Hey, I think ABBA are calling me on the other line...)

I'll try to give a recap on the Ramsey case by memory. I could be a bit off on some of these, so anyone feel free to make a correction.

-The Ramsey parents were immediately suspected because of several things, including the "always look at the parents first" mantra
-The Ramsey's, who were educated and successful, almost immediately obtained an attorney, which LE and the DA felt pointed to their guilt
-LE and the DA accused the parents of not "acting right" to finding their daughter's body. The father was too stoic, and the mother wailing and praying for God to raise her child from the dead must have been an elaborate act.
-The family, realizing they were being railroaded, refused many LE requests and always had their attorney involved.
-The family was villianized...to the point many suspected their young son of murdering their child, and it even went to the grand jury, though the jury refused to indict.
-There was a ton of fallout in LE, with firings, special assignments, replacements, etc. The new team finally concluded the Ramsey's were not involved.

I think there are quite a few similairities in the BC case.

There were alot of other things that pointed to the Ramseys, like the 'ransom' note for instance and the eaten fruit. Also the son was heard in the background of the 911 call IIRC. Not to get off thread, but really IMO there is NO REASON if completely innocent not to let them search your home.
Help is better than any hinderance when it comes to finding a missing person that you supposidly love.

I have to say that i dont think she was a cleaner either. That house didnt get that way in two weeks. jmo

I have felt all along that NC did keep the house reasonably clean, along with everything else she had to while things were at least okay between them. After things started falling apart due to his affair with HM, I think she just lost interest and just didn't give a dayam. She cleaned what had to be cleaned for herself and the girls, but that was probably the extent of it. That's when her cleaning efforts slacked off. Why bother? I don't blame her. (IOW, if he wants it clean, he can clean it himself)... JMO

That is a terrible reason IMO. I wasn't asking what the jury would 'infer'... but what would be a legitimate reason not to let them search. As fran said, I don't think there is one and now we see why most likely.

I think if a member of my family was murdered, I'd give LE EVERYTHING, let them search away, and be calling them at least once a day. I'm sure most everyone on this forum feels the same way.

Fortunately though, I've never actually BEEN in that position.

And I will say this. If when speaking with LE, if for one second I believed they were beginning to suspect me, I'd lawyer up immediately. It's not that I wouldn't want it solved, it's simply exercising your rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics