State v Bradley Cooper 4-25-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
...or someone from the State could have made that posting, for that matter. (I am NOT suggesting that's what happened here. I think JW probably did post that and that it was an absolutely BONEHEADED thing to do.) I'm just saying it should be verified that JW indeed made the posting if it was considered in Gessner's ruling.
You didn't notice Mr Kurtz changing strategies when prosecution suggested getting Mr Ward back to court to verify if it WAS him?

JW testified in this trial that he did not claim to be a forensic expert.

I think some are missing the fact that witness Mr. M was prepared to testify that the MFT (for which some of his testimony was based) derived by both JW and FBI were equivalent.

It sounds like Mr. M could testify to certain things given the presented evidence/testimony irregardless JW testimony/findings.

What happened? Why did that break come so quickly and it appeared to be called by 'Kurtz'?

My guess is that whatever is coming next is going to be semi-long and important so he wants the jury fresh for it. Or a juror really had to pee :crazy:

Another smoking gun. Sounds like an FXO supportable router was present before the spoof call, and missing after.

I don't understand why they didn't make more of this fact PRIOR to trial!

This, IMHO, is an IMPORTANT piece of the puzzle!

JMHO
fran

JW's true self and ego forced him to come right to WS, the very night he testifed, to blow his own horn once again. And yet again, it tripped him up IMO.

Nothing on WS had any impact on the how the judge ruled on admitting the new expert as a witness.

I don't understand why they didn't make more of this fact PRIOR to trial!

This, IMHO, is an IMPORTANT piece of the puzzle!

JMHO
fran

IIRC BZ said it was just this past Sat. night that the Mr. Fry person contacted him with the additional info.

BZ offered to 'go get' JW for testimony about the WS posting but the judge sort of let it slide past.

I noticed that,too. I figured he just wanted to keep things moving. IMO he should have authenticated the posting if it entered into his ruling, however.

Just texted the hubby to ask how hard it is to accidentally wipe out a blackberry - to the point that no information whatsoever can be retreived, even by the experts. Eagerly awaiting his response...

Very interesting response, after the hubby asked "Why in the heck are you asking me this?"

He said if someone is really paranoid, they can put in a code to erase all the data, but the blackberry user would have to code in this command.

However, he said you could STILL get the information off that SIM card even if they have that command programmed. He said the only way he knows to completely get information off that SIM card is to "take a sledgehammer to it".

You admitting that you tune out the hubby is exactly what gets me into extended 'time outs' with my wife...:lol:

Well that'll learn ya. Next time she might should open up a whole big can o whup-a$$ on ya.

< southern speak off >

:woohoo:

:dance:

:slapfight:

I noticed that,too. I figured he just wanted to keep things moving. IMO he should have authenticated the posting if it entered into his ruling, however.

I believe the Judge cited more law supporting the premise of disadvantages for which opposite side (pros. in this case) in order to cross properly, given Defense knew way ahead of time JW was NOT expert in forensics..this 11th hour of adding this expert to their witness list was deemed "sandbagging" an old term I recalled from OJ trial:crazy:

Does anyone know......did brad provide Nancy with a new phone in the 4 months prior to the murder? Seems like I read or heard this.

BZ objecting to "conclusions" as to what was going on in Det. young's head...hmmm

Very interesting response, after the hubby asked "Why in the heck are you asking me this?"

He said if someone is really paranoid, they can put in a code to erase all the data, but the blackberry user would have to code in this command.

However, he said you could STILL get the information off that SIM card even if they have that command programmed. He said the only way he knows to completely get information off that SIM card is to "take a sledgehammer to it".

I wonder if Brad could have changed that sim card to a blank one before Cary PD ever even got it?

Does anyone know......did brad provide Nancy with a new phone in the 4 months prior to the murder? Seems like I read or heard this.

I have no idea...however is it possible that Brad switched out that sim card thus altering password, and Puk code which would lead to total wiping if attempted to enter?....Boy..talk about conspiracy theories :floorlaugh:

ETA~~~ Jinx gracielee..LOL

I wonder if Brad could have changed that sim card to a blank one before Cary PD ever even got it?

Well, according to my husband, the only explanation would be that BC did change out the SIM card. Either that, or the CPD changed out the SIM card.

My husband does have patents in this area, education, and years of experience...but he's definitely not as qualified as this guy. We'll see what he says.

But for me, my hubby (who has no idea this trial is even going on and could care less) made the pros story that the detective "accidentally" wiped the phone ring untrue.

However, he said you could STILL get the information off that SIM card even if they have a demand. He said the only way he knows to completely get information off that SIM card is to "take a sledgehammer to it".

Now we're going to hear them calling a sledgehammer expert!

A: Can you describe your knowledge of sledgehammers?

W: Yes. It is a pole with a metal blob on the end. Just like it has been for 4,000 years.

J: Witness is qualified as an expert.

A: Can you describe the process?

W: Yes. You decide what needs to be hammered, then you swing the hammer toward it. Some things need to be hammered more than once.

A: Can you, as a sledgehammer expert, testify to whether this SIM card has been sledgehammered?

OA: Objection! He's not a SIM card expert so he cannot possibly testify to whether a sledgehammer has been used against it. Maybe being hit by a sledgehammer is the last thing they do at the factory before it is released for sale.

J: Sustained.

-- cross exam

CX: Sir, do you take sledgehammering seriously?

W: Yes.

CX: Then why does your facebook profile show you holding a sledgehammer above a beer with the caption, "If I'm not getting hammered, I'm probably getting nailed?"

J: I don't understand facebook. I'm striking everything from the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llamb79