State v Bradley Cooper 4-5-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are just, if not more firm, on Brad being guilty. That's the definition of the pot calling the kettle black!

Accomplice was mentioned by some desperate BC is guilty gang members last night, to explain the 6:40 call.
Nope.
I think he killed Nancy.
However, as I have said many times, I am not yet firm on guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I'll hear the rest of the testimony and then let you know:saythat:

This would only be if the number was call forwarded to his home number. I guess we don't know that. They are introducing it for some reason.

Who knows? Maybe some similar set-up would allow Mlle. Francais to call him at 6:40am EDT some morning in July.
icon5.gif

He was testing VoIP systems which means he was installing operating systems on servers.

Sure, but the OS install would format the disk. This, by all means, is enough of a clean start for product testing. Anything more would be a bit of overkill for lab systems, correct?

Why would that be fraud? He was on the Alpha network. Theft of bandwidth? it is an insignificant amount of data. That's like saying a friend sent him an email at work, and calling it internal fraud.

I have to agree to an extent. Especially when you have Skype for free and you have video to go with it. No need for some elaborate set up to allow for free calls.

I did not watch cross (and it sounds like I didn't miss anything) but when I saw the testimony about the paris number, I just figured it was part of the job. In this global economy, phones need to work internationally at minimal expense. I said at the very beginning of this witness testimony that "he's not the one" because the defense wasn't objecting to any of the state's questions. This was additional foundation and I'm right there with all of you in wanting the prosecution to stop building a foundation and actually start with the actual evidence!

Some have suggested that the disc wipe implies that BC planned this in advance. If he did in fact plan this, he overlooked a far easier and pretty much untraceable way to set up his phone alibi. What he could have done is:

1) Go to Walmart and buy an AT&T GoPhone for $15, paying cash
2) After the murder take the SIM card out of NC's Blackberry and put it in the GoPhone
3) After the kids get up, take them for a walk. Leave his own cell at home, taking the GoPhone with him. Program a speed dial on the GoPhone for his own cell.
4) Have the walk include somewhere that could be on the path of NC's run
5) Pocket dial his own cell from the GoPhone using the speed dial while he and the kids are somewhere that she could have been running. Leave the call up long enough to go to voicemail and appear to have left a message.
6) Go home and "check" the voicemail on his cell.
7) Throw away both Nancy's Blackberry and the GoPhone

Now, he can say that he took the kids for a walk, he "forgot" to carry his cell, and that NC called and left a message saying that she was feeling good on the run and was going to go a few more miles.

Two quick questions: Can we put a board "pool" together on odds for closing statements? Or is that a TOS violation?

So, I am betting that the words "foundation of a murder" come up on the Prosecutions closing statement.

I also want to see if BC is going to get on the stand. THAT intrigues me. He'd have to be a complete IDIOT to do it.....but me spidey sense is tingling.

Sure, but the OS install would format the disk. This, by all means, is enough of a clean start for product testing. Anything more would be a bit of overkill for lab systems, correct?

Not necessarily. If you are testing images it is not unreasonable to wipe the disk to make sure there is nothing remaining that is causing an issue.

Two quick questions: Can we put a board "pool" together on odds for closing statements? Or is that a TOS violation?

So, I am betting that the words "foundation of a murder" come up on the Prosecutions closing statement.

I also want to see if BC is going to get on the stand. THAT intrigues me. He'd have to be a complete IDIOT to do it.....but me spidey sense is tingling.

It won't happen. His performance during the depositions was not good. He doesn't present well to a jury. He could be 100% innocent but will "appear" guilty to a jury because of his arrogant aspect. MOO

I have to agree to an extent. Especially when you have Skype for free and you have video to go with it. No need for some elaborate set up to allow for free calls.

I did not watch cross (and it sounds like I didn't miss anything) but when I saw the testimony about the paris number, I just figured it was part of the job. In this global economy, phones need to work internationally at minimal expense. I said at the very beginning of this witness testimony that "he's not the one" because the defense wasn't objecting to any of the state's questions. This was additional foundation and I'm right there with all of you in wanting the prosecution to stop building a foundation and actually start with the actual evidence!

Not sure what protocol the call would have been placed over...VOIP....or just the voice network??

I think it is most likely that he wiped the drive on the computer he recycled. I mean this conversation took place in April right? He probably recycled the pc at an Earth Day event.

Not sure what protocol the call would have been placed over...VOIP....or just the voice network??

I was assuming VoIP since that was his job. I was giving the benefit of the doubt that they would need to test the capabilities across the Atlantic in order to be able to sell it to companies that have overseas offices.

Odds for closing statements? Not sure what that means. You mean when they will get to closing statements?

No chance he takes the stand.

I'm not trying to derail the computer/phone conversation, but I did want to say this before I forgot it:

Something occured to me while Krista was talking about B's birthday party. Remeber when we were talking about Brad having on a pull over zipped up to his chin on the Harris Teeter videos? And then long sleeves at the press conference and when he left the house on July 15? Some didn't find that particularly odd. I remembered that Brad had attached a picture of himself and B taken at B's birthday party to his rebuttal affidavit. That picture was taken Feburary 15, 2008. I went and dug that picture up and he has on...a short sleeved T-shirt. The temps. on that date were 61/33. It was also drizzling that day.

Here are temps. for when Brad had on long sleeves:
July 12, 2008: 89/68
July 13, 2008: 91/68
July 14, 2008: 71/69
July 15, 2008: 81/68

It's odd. Carry on.

Speaking from an IT perspective, IMO if you are discarding a hard drive (or even a cell phone), whether it's business or personal, you want something that's going to disk wipe it pretty good. Granted, the average person isn't going to find DOD level stuff at Best Buy though.

It's freeware. See www.dban.org
Darik's Boot And Nuke

"Darik's Boot and Nuke ("DBAN") is a self-contained boot disk that securely wipes the hard disks of most computers. DBAN will automatically and completely delete the contents of any hard disk that it can detect, which makes it an appropriate utility for bulk or emergency data destruction."

The call to the France number would be a local call, that then gets routed to BC's extension on the Alpha cluster, this part is IP, then it either gets picked up on his IP Phone or forwarded to another phone like his cell which would be a local call.

That was part of his job. He was a VoIP engineer testing VoIP systems. Testing Operating System images is inherently part of that job.

You don't think they have a department to deal with wiping computers? Obviously they do since he did a "chat" with an expert to ask for software for this purpose. The Cisco employee must have felt it was out of the norm in order to make an issue of it. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kudo-magician179