State v. Bradley Cooper 4-6-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a gun was involved in the murder and no gun was found at the house does that eliminate the suspect?

To look at it another way: Just because I have access to a gun does that mean I killed someone?

So if a gun was involved in the murder and no gun was found at the house does that eliminate the suspect?

Are you suggesting he also switched their router that morning to do this, then switched it back, then got rid of it somehow?

I'm actually pleased that, in the end it is black and white. They did not have a router in the home with an FXO port, therefore it could not have been done.

last wral tweet of the day

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Prosecutor: Have you ever checked your voicemail 4 times in 16 minutes? Paul Giralt: No, I don't believe I have. #coopertrial

Are you suggesting he also switched their router that morning to do this, then switched it back, then got rid of it somehow?

I'm actually pleased that, in the end it is black and white. They did not have a router in the home with an FXO port, therefore it could not have been done.

But are we saying he didn't have the router in the home with an FXO port when the house was searched and the items seized? He could have still had one on the morning of 7/12 and got rid of it during the drive around that day. Obviously Cisco is extremely relaxed about their employees carrying stuff home--no check in or out of items, no one to answer to, etc.

Exactly. And I think we saw Howard Kurtz do his best work to date on cross.

WRAL and N & O tomorrow:

Judge fires attorneys in Cooper case, begins to question witnesses by himself.

Divorce attorney says no reconciliation, Nancy Cooper was agreeing to go beyond court required mediation for settlement

Howard Kurtz and Boz Zellinger to lead ADA Gang Task Force Rap Duo

Cooper used cellphone to strangle router

Howard Cummings and Robert Trenkle retire

And what was the date they retrieved all the computer equipement from that house?...So you are saying Brad had NO time to just replace things in that 72+ hours??..I know he was busy doing laundry and doing searches and all..but he had no time to just switch things back and get rid of the FXO item??..OK

I think it will enough for a juror to understand that Brad is/ was an expert in these things, he had access to these things, he had ability and time to alter things post missing Nancy..will be enough...but the nail in this will be if and when they can connect those pesky dots to just ONE of the ways to remote call yourself...IF they cant..then I would agree with you to a point..:twocents:

Yes, that is a suggestion as it would take a matter of minutes to switch the routers. I don't see any difficulty in getting rid of the gear either.

The problem with this logic is that the burden of proof lies with the prosecution. Using your analogy... suppose the murder was committed using .38 caliber bullets. But in his house the police only found a gun that uses .45 caliber bullets. Of course that does not eliminate the suspect since he could have used a different gun and then gotten rid of it. But it is up to the prosecution to prove that he did.

In this case, the defense pointed out that the FXO card could not be used with the router in his house. Yes, he could have used a different router. But the prosecution must prove that he did and so far they have not.

And what was the date they retrieved all the computer equipement from that house?...So you are saying Brad had NO time to just replace things in that 72+ hours??..I know he was busy doing laundry and doing searches and all..but he had no time to just switch things back and get rid of the FXO item??..OK

I think it will enough for a juror to understand that Brad is/ was an expert in these things, he had access to these things, he had ability and time to alter things post missing Nancy..will be enough...but the nail in this will be if and when they can connect those pesky dots to just ONE of the ways to remote call yourself...IF they cant..then I would agree with you to a point..:twocents:

I've gotta say I agree with you. They proved to the jury that he had the capability. Zell should have noted in his comments somewhere that the equipment could have been removed between death and search.

I don't know about the rest of you but today's testimony has worn me out. It was a ton of stuff to hear and absorb. Good or bad, a ton of stuff. The Cisco witness was excellent.

I still really like this witness. Same demeanor, no bias. Just answering the questions. I'm impressed.

I agree -- he is very good, and he's patient, and takes his time with an answer. I think he explained things as plainly as anyone could -- you could tell he wasn't trying to be overly "techie" and I feel that a lot of folks could probably understand him.

Yes, that is a suggestion as it would take a matter of minutes to switch the routers. I don't see any difficulty in getting rid of the gear either.

Yes, if he was clever enough to figure out a call alibi, on top of everything else, I would think he would be clever enough to get rid of the boxes.

I've gotta say I agree with you. They proved to the jury that he had the capability. Zell should have noted in his comments somewhere that the equipment could have been removed between death and search.

Indeed NCEAST..however IF they can show those connections on those timestamps with those numbers on the call logs..In his closings, all he has to do is say, equipment not there 3 days later doesnt mean it wasnt there that morning..:rocker:

sorry to just barge in here - but could someone post what questions the judge asked the witness?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member