State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is kind of O/T but since we are in the "verdict watch" period and it may be over before I get back here, here's my moderately interesting story.

When the OJ verdict came down, I was in Geneva presenting at the technical symposium at Telecom World '95. This is an enormous networking/telecom trade show in this massive exhibition hall called Palexpo. The size of the place is beyond description -- over 1M square feet. Some of the temporary booths within the hall are 3 stories tall and have elevators.

At every Telecom World event, there is some kind of detectable "theme" of bleeding edge technology. In '95, it was early digital TV (to become HDTV). So, there were these big splashy booths everywhere with dozens of TVs all over them showing off this new technology.

The verdict came very late in the day Geneva time -- probably around 6pm. Many of the visitors had left since the show closes at 6pm, but there were still some stragglers and thousands of people who work the show were still there. Some of those hundreds of TV's were tuned in to CNN International. When news of the impending verdict broke, all booths started changing their TVs to CNNI. Soon, the whole place was filled with the sound of CNNI.

To start with, it was mostly only the Americans who were paying attention to the verdict. But, like drivers stopping to watch a car wreck, people of all nationalities and races eventually stopped in their tracks to see what everyone was looking at. The place fell eerily quiet except for the sound of CNNI echoing through that massive exhibition hall.

So, I never will forget standing there in shocked disbelief hearing that verdict with people from all over the world. For a few of the following minutes, there was still near absolute silence as people were trying to process what had just happened and many of the non-Americans were trying to figure out what the big deal was.

It was just a surreal experience.

I remember the look of complete shock on Kardashians face. Even he couldn't believe it. He knew O.J. was guilty.

Ok one more time. GM ordered 2 routers. One was the 3825 that Brad had. GM testified that he received both at the same time Jan 08. Kurtz showed GM an "invoice" from a Chicago group that listed the other router(not the 3825)was received Sept. GM did not recognize the invoice or anything about it. No one verified that it was a Cisco invoice. GM pointed out that it did not list the 3825 in question. Kurtz agreed, which was the last thing he said.

BTw, Mrs Rentz told me today that the Rentz family never received the materials from Nancy's birthday party that we celebrated at Java Jive back in 2008.

So we were told a mistruth about that by the one who said she had taken care of it. How perfectly sad that someone would mistruth about that.
:liar: :liar:
:furious: :furious:

I don't know what this means, but it sounds very sad to say the least. :(

I think to get a dui, you have to have .2, something like that (not sure so don't quote me). The witnesses from the party said she was buzzed and some said she had as many as 6 drinks and was drinking up until she left the party. So, being conservative and estimating that she had a BAC of .10, if she was killed when she got home, the BAC at autopsy should have been .16 at least.

(the ME explained the .06 could have been due to decomposition)

A DUI is .08

But the defense produces a document that shows another CISCO test group "UCBU" has a router with that exact same serial number and the router they have was received from the mfg in Sept 2008... it throws GM's testimony/inventory into question. And, the fact that his inventory database is not updated when equipment is borrowed by an employee and physical inventories are not periodically performed tells me that GM can't state with any certainty where that piece of equipment went after 1/2008 and that BC may have actually returned it as he said he would.

I think that whole testimony was a CYA for GM, obviously his inventory control was not as good as he wants others to believe or it wouldn't have taken three years to notice that it was missing. BC would have known there would be that chat log. No one even knew he had the 3825 until he told GM in January why would have have told anyone he had it if he had no intention of returning it. He probably returned it, the Chicago office needed one and it got shipped off to them.

I think that whole testimony was a CYA for GM, obviously his inventory control was not as good as he wants others to believe or it wouldn't have taken three years to notice that it was missing. BC would have known there would be that chat log. No one even knew he had the 3825 until he told GM in January why would have have told anyone he had it if he had no intention of returning it. He probably returned it, the Chicago office needed one and it got shipped off to them.

The Chicago "invoice" did not list the 3825 , it listed the other router. Please read my post above.

This is one of these things that makes me think that some want to believe what they want to believe. In testimony, there is an instant message chat log. In that log, Brad says that he had taken a 3825 home. It's not a guess. It's not a mistake in a database. It has nothing to do with when something was shipped. It is Brad saying that he took home a 3825. The records indicated that only two 3825's had been ordered and delivered to that lab. One has been found. One is missing. That's the evidence.

I just ignore lots of these posts.

Hey, mt3k, glad to see you back for the verdict watch!
I am, but so disappointed in the pros. Did you attend any trial? I happened to go the day DR was on the stand! The jury became overwhelmed by her testimony. She might should have gone last IMO to leave them in tears with the final vision of NC hugging her at the airport, begging to go home to Canada.

While discussing the 3825 router, which, by the way is used in commercial applications. My husband said his customers use these and he would never use one for home applications. Why, if he needed a router to spoof this call, would he not grab one from the reo-depot at Cisco (the place where old, outdated equipment goes when it's no longer being used)? It would be smaller, it would not be traceable to him and it would get the job done.

And the dust in that cabinet would not be from the 3825 because they run hot and need air and that cabinet with its door would not provide the required circulation.

Ok one more time. GM ordered 2 routers. One was the 3825 that Brad had. GM testified that he received both at the same time Jan 08. Kurtz showed GM an "invoice" from a Chicago group that listed the other router(not the 3825)was received Sept. GM did not recognize the invoice or anything about it. No one verified that it was a Cisco invoice. GM pointed out that it did not list the 3825 in question. Kurtz agreed, which was the last thing he said.

Just went back and listened once again to that testimony (it starts at about 39 minutes into GM's testimony). It is not clear where the document is from, the reference to Chicago comes because GM says they person who does is ordering is in Chicago. GM says he doesn't do ordering so he doesn't recognize the document (which leads me to believe he's being shown some type of purchasing document or invoice. He acknowledges that it is for the same two routers (3825s with the same serial numbers) that he shows in his inventory. The document indicates that another development test group UCBU Development Test has possession of two 3825 routers with the exact same serial numbers (A & H) that GM says he has.

Don't forget the call to the real estate man on the Thursday before. ASAP, he made is sound as though she was ready to move out as quickly as possible.

But we never saw proof of that call. When BCs investigator went to talk to him he refused. If we are to believe she had no money but needed a place to live as fast as possible, but didn't call her attorney who told her to stay in the house, then her calling him makes no sense.

And the dust in that cabinet would not be from the 3825 because they run hot and need air and that cabinet with its door would not provide the required circulation.

I think it's absurd to show a picture of a cabinet with dust and suggest that a particular item was there. Nancy was packing up the house, and unpacking, and who knows what exactly she was doing, but anything could have been in the cabinet. The house was not organized, so it could have been anything from a children's game to a game console.

The Chicago "invoice" did not list the 3825 , it listed the other router. Please read my post above.

First of all both routers were 3825 routers so "the other router" is also a 3825.

Second GM has no clue what has or has not happened to either of those routers. He was not the only one with access to the routers. The routers could have very easily been shipped to dev test and returned by somebody else. GM would like us to believe he received those routers and the only time anybody used them was when BC borrowed one and supposedly never brought it back. Nobody else had a need to use them in the past 3 years he said.

I call shenanigans.

It's been surreal watching the pieces of evidence come out that actually do more than implicate Mr. Cupper. And then the backpedaling starts in earnest. Oh no, that Google search doesn't really mean anything cause he only visited it for 41 seconds. Oh no, someone must have planted it. Oh a router was discovered missing and BC IM'd with his pal at Cisco he was taking home the same router? Well no, it couldn't really be missing. I mean there's some other explanation for it, not that BC had it. Oh he said he had it? Well that too must be a mistake.

How many passes does BC get? Nothing, absolutely nothing, is allowed to be seen as a sign of his preplanning, premeditation or guilt.

Serious backpedaling going on.

This is the level of denial in which only a confession by BC or a video of him committing the murder and dumping the body would be evidence of his guilt. Everything else? Not solid evidence.
BBM
The one that hasn't found its way back to Cisco in 2.5 yrs? Someone else is holding onto it to frame BC, don't ya think?

But we never saw proof of that call. When BCs investigator went to talk to him he refused. If we are to believe she had no money but needed a place to live as fast as possible, but didn't call her attorney who told her to stay in the house, then her calling him makes no sense.

Are you saying there was no testimony about a call to the realtor? I was assuming that it was in the testimony and I missed it, but if it was not in the testimony ... why did the prosecutor say that it happened?

Just went back and listened once again to that testimony (it starts at about 39 minutes into GM's testimony). It is not clear where the document is from, the reference to Chicago comes because GM says they person who does his ordering is in Chicago. GM says he doesn't do ordering so he doesn't recognize the document (which leads me to believe he's being shown some type of purchasing document or invoice.) He acknowledges that it is for the same two routers (3825s with the same serial numbers) that he shows in his inventory. The document indicates that another development test group 'UCBU Development Test' has possession of two 3825 routers with the exact same serial numbers (A & H) that GM says he has.

Are you saying there was no testimony about a call to the realtor? I was assuming that it was in the testimony and I missed it, but if it was not in the testimony ... why did the prosecutor say that it happened?

The realtor testified, IIRC.

I don't beleive anyone spouse would have agreed to that one sided document

That "proposal" didn't even warrant a response. I'll try to couch this in terms that don't offend anyone. If NC wanted out bad enough and thought and could prove that BC was such a bad father, she could have rolled the dice and let the court decide to let her take the children to Canada. Would a judge let her do it? I don't know, but based upon all of her friends' testimony in this trial and the custody trial it sure seemed like she could have presented a compelling case, especially if she got JSasser to hear it initially. And if the Judge said no, then she would've had well over a year to seek to change her alien status to stay in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717