State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they ask him how much he was paid yet? (I hope HC knows the answer to the Q and it warrants being asked.)

A "tell" as to how firm the DT is in their case/conviction that JLY is not guilty. If the DT had good solid evidence to say "JLY was a such-and-so, but he was not a murderer because of item A, item B, and item C," then they would say that. Instead we got JLY's mom on the stand and some testimony that backhandedly indicated that JLY was in fact a poop.

So as a defense lawyer, what do you do? You bring in the ridges. The swirls. The "more than likely"...

Again, just MOO.

BBM

LOL :what: :rocker: :clap:

I think a reasonable person understands that there are likely unidentifiable prints in any place. Again if these prints were in blood or could be time stamped in some way, then yes it could be reasonable doubt. I don't see any of this expert witness' and I do think he is an expert testimony as offering reasonable doubt. I just don't.

I think the defense expert seems a little perturbed.

That's why they should have ruled out LE's prints from the evidence. The pros KNEW they were going to present these unidentified prints. This is a sad omission on the part of the State, to not have done that and ruled out LE.

Wow I didn't know that. Isn't that CSI 101?

This whole case boils down to this for me:

There is a MOUNTAIN of circumstantial evidence. JY was a cheating .

However, all of the following are troublesome for concluding guilt:

1) unidentified prints
2) missing items
3) not a single piece of forensic evidence pointing to JY
4) not a single fiber from the hotel found in the house
5) not a single droplet of blood in JY's car
6) unreliable testimony of Gracie
7) questionable timeline
8) others seen at the house that morning by multiple witnesses

I may be missing some others. Point being, I don't think any of us could fault a juror for finding any one of the above reason alone for having doubt.

From what I've seen, there's nothing that discounts all the other C.E. in the case. This possible interpretation doesn't erase what else exists. There was enough time for JY to get back to his house and then back to the HI, he certainly had a few different motives (one being $$$), there was animosity in the marriage, he said he was done, so many things happened at the HI that I cannot say "just a coincidence." He was capable of committing this murder and shoe prints in the victim's blood that likely match shoes he did own are at the scene. Oh yeah, and he discarded his clothes and the shoes.

Did he just testify that those prints he identified as unidentifiable by him are deemed that way just because they didn't match Jason? He was only matching the prints to see which ones matched Jason?

Sorry... little kidlet I'm watching this afternoon just awoke from her nap and I thought that's what I just heard.

But keep in mind, it isn't the DT job to find the smoking gun. Their job is to point out reasonable doubt. In my unbiased mind, despite the fact that it appears JY is a despicable low-life, this evidence SCREAMS reasonable doubt.

I honestly don't see any other way to look at this evidence. Am I missing something?

No. I'm no fan of JY but I'm not at all convinced that he murdered Michelle.

Did they ask him how much he was paid yet? (I hope HC knows the answer to the Q and it warrants being asked.)

Although, he may get himself in a trap here. If HC asks the question, and this witness volunteered his time, that'll be a nice moment for defense.

The prosecution is talking about the paper on the printer and how many people may have handled that paper ... seems like a strange question. I would expect that one person removes the paper from the package and puts it in the printer. Prints should match one of the people in the home, so unmatched prints on the paper raises a big question for me.

From what I've seen and watched, there's nothing that discounts all the other C.E. in the case. This possible interpretation doesn't erase what else exists.

I agree, it also doesn't erase what doesn't exist. The evidence that doesn't exist still points to Jason imo.

This whole case boils down to this for me:

There is a MOUNTAIN of circumstantial evidence. JY was a cheating .

However, all of the following are troublesome for concluding guilt:

1) unidentified prints
2) missing items
3) not a single piece of forensic evidence pointing to JY
4) not a single fiber from the hotel found in the house
5) not a single droplet of blood in JY's car
6) unreliable testimony of Gracie
7) questionable timeline
8) others seen at the house that morning by multiple witnesses

I may be missing some others. Point being, I don't think any of us could fault a juror for finding any one of the above reason alone for having doubt.
While I don't share your opinion, I certainly respect it. Your post makes it evident that a hung jury could be a real possibility again. It'll be interesting to see how these 12 come through deliberations.

While I don't share your opinion, I certainly respect it. Your post makes it evident that a hung jury could be a real possibility again. It'll be interesting to see how these 12 come through deliberations.
Agreed.

I'll be like a cat on hot bricks while the jury deliberates.

From what I've seen and watched, there's nothing that discounts all the other C.E. in the case. This possible interpretation doesn't erase what else exists. There was enough time for JY to get back to his house and then back to the HI, he certainly had a few different motives (one being $$$), there was animosity in the marriage, he said he was done, so many things happened at the HI that I cannot say "just a coincidence." He was capable of committing this murder and shoe prints in the victim's blood that likely match shoes he did own are at the scene. Oh yeah, and he discarded his clothes and the shoes.

I agree. And all the other evidence, circumstantial or not, is SCREAMING Jason's name.

Why does it matter about the Ebay papers?

they weren't even in the room where the crime happened?

Now the Progress Energy papers. Well, they're from her work so someone else at WORK most likely handled them.

This is all useless information.

JMHO,
fran

The ebay papers matter a great deal because they were printed out shortly before Michelle's murder. There is no way to explain away unidentified prints on it. It also shows that somebody other than Jason spent some time in the house going through things, which supports the eyewitness testimony about lights being on and the vehicle in drive for a long period of time.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member