State vs. Jason Lynn Young 02-29-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everybody! I'm sure everyone is eagerly waiting for the defense to rest today and the jury to be sent out.

I want to remind everyone of a few basic rules:

First - a difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Cheerleading for EITHER side is not a TOS violation, BUT being snarky and disrespectful about that opinion IS.

Second - if a post offends you, ALERT it. Remember, if you respond, it is on you and you may find yourself suffering the consequences for it.

Third - we are moving toward a zero tolerance policy. That means if you are snarky and rude, you may find yourself on TO.

Fourth - the mods will NOT be taking the time to send you pm's and hash it out. You will just see that you can no longer post.

Snarkyness will include avatars and siggy lines that are being used to convey messages you know you can't outright post.

Please keep in mind that ONE side, and only ONE side is going to win here, unless we end up in another stalemate. Whatever the outcome, we will have to deal with it, whether we think it is good or bad. So please keep in mind, that means one side is going to lose. Be a good sport. Don't gloat if you are on the winning side and don't pout and be mean if you are on the losing side. Brace yourselves now in case things don't go the way you want them to.

If you have questions or concerns, PM a mod - DO NOT post them in the thread. Remember all the TOS and rules, please.

Thank you,

Salem

Salem, you rock!:seeya:

The man and the woman Beaver claimed to have seen in the vehicle.

I find it difficult to believe that two killers, supposedly a man and a woman would be idling in a driveway with their lights on at the end of a driveway, I would think that the killers would have seen Beavers car from a distance as she had her high beams on and would have immediately pulled away before she came upon them. jmo

That was my initial thought. The people in the van did not seem like they were hiding at all. The person who "jerked away" I felt just did that because high beams just flashed in her eyes. The van did not pull away, was not sitting in the dark with head lights off or anything like that. My first gut reaction was yes it was early in the morning but not that early for people going to work or at least being up and starting their day. 2 or 3 am maybe a little different. IMHO only.

You don't have to believe both, you just have to believe one of these witnesses, in my opinion, for reasonable doubt
I agree, which one will the jury not believe? IMO, they are both credible wittinesses and I believe the jury will believe both. The state has a problem...

So do we think there is equipment malfunction causing the delay?

If my memory of that testimony serves me correctly those certain searches were specifically deleted but I have to double check. Maybe some one else knows for sure but I am going to look that up.

I tracked it down during the break.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/michelleyoung/video/10756622/#/vid10756622

start at 26:00, expert BW says internet history set to only be saved for 20 days. There were a few instances of manual deletion detected in the daily history on certain dates (Oct 06 & Dec 06), but she could NOT associate those deletions with any specific search or activity - hence no connection between the 4 searches conducted and intentional deletion.

Beaver claims she saw a vehicle exiting the Young residence at 5:15 then Hensley sees one at 6:15, I guess they came back to clean up Cassidy.

These two bring back memories of BC case. Rosemary and Food Lion guy both saw joggers. These two both saw vehicles. I hope the jury gives the same type of credence to this testimony as the BC jury must have given to Rosemary and Food Lion man.

So he drives into the river with her selt belt off & his on... Easier for her to get out.. MOO

Not if the impact injures her b/c she wasn't buckled in :waitasec: On another note, I've seen shows that demonstrate that if your car enters water and is sinking, you are supposed to wait until the door is completely submerged before opening it. If you try before it is submerged, the air/water pressure will make it VERY difficult. JY may have known this trick and was hoping MY didn't. Total speculation, but it is a thought. Also, if his natural drowning from an accident plan didn't work, (ie, MY made it out) he may have "helped" the drowning to happen. The wreck (Plan A) didn't go as planned so the attempt failed. Move onto Plan B! JMO

The man and the woman Beaver claimed to have seen in the vehicle.

I find it difficult to believe that two killers, supposedly a man and a woman would be idling in a driveway with their lights on at the end of a driveway after savagely/brutally beating a woman to her death, I would think that the killers would have seen Beavers car from a distance as she had her high beams on and would have immediately pulled away before she came upon them. jmo

I agree... no way would the perps be sitting at the end of the driveway for as long as CB claims they were in broad sight of anyone who may have come by. That house is surrounded by woods. It would have been more incognito to park at the community pool or one the street behind the house and walk through the woods without being detected. IMO the supposed car seen had nothing to do with the murder. MOO

What did the defense spring on the pros? TIA, I just got back from the store. (needed more coffee. LOL)

HC said to judge that even though he had discussed the upcoming DT expert testimony with the State's expert - he wants to be able to discuss the actual testimony w/State expert before cross. Judge agrees, cross will start after lunch break.

HC said to judge that even though he had discussed the upcoming DT expert testimony with the State's expert - he wants to be able to discuss the actual testimony w/State expert before cross. Judge agrees, cross will start after lunch break.

While I think that's fair, Kurtz asked the exact same thing of Gessner in the BC trial, and it was not allowed.

Marty Lewdas - forensic science expert, instructor at Wake TCC - fingerprints & forensics. Former FBI, worked in fingerprints.

Marty, used to work for SBI, then CCBI. Very credible witness. Now what is he going to tell us today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow