State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SS said she and Michelle had made plans a week prior to their getting together that nite.

I have never heard Jason tried to block Michelle from either friends or family.

The only thing we heard he was upset about was her Mom coming to stay all the time.

Plus, there was the incident SS testified to where they were riding to SS's wedding, and Jason wanted Michelle to ride with the girls, and she wanted to ride with him, which caused an argument.

And, then there is the fact the girls were all planning to get together for a spa weekend, plus all the football games they went to , etc.

JMO

what I am saying is that we do not know what JY and MY talked about in private and what they argued about in private.

based on what I am seeing of his behavior it is very possible that he did argue with her about these things.

:twocents:

I disagree that Jason Young fits the profile of an abuser. An abuser isolates his victim and prevents contact with family and friends. Michelle's family visited often and so did her friends. He requested Michelle not have her mother visit so often and also expressed concern about Meredith being left out of their mother's plans for the holidays.

To me, that's not putting the mother in the middle, it's the mother putting herself in the middle and for whatever reason, Michelle was unwilling or unable to ask her mother to remove herself.

JMO

We'll just agree to disagree on that issue.

fran

Not one friend or employee or family member ever testified to Jason keeping Michelle away from them.
Besides, the more she was with them, it gave him more of a chance or opportunity to cheat.

Sounds like he was away a lot on "business trips".

I think you've made a post that in large part everyone can agree on, which is difficult to do!!

Remember when Shelly Schaad testified as to the first thing her husband said upon hearing of Michelle's murder? "god, I hope jason didn't do it'. Then he promptly called JLY and advised him to 'get a lawyer *before* he gets back to raleigh.'

Yeah, what a pal. What is this dude's story? He's invisible from this hearing, how come? I wonder about his alibi, but I have confidence that LE cleared him.

That is true, we have to remember Shelly Schaad had come over that nite to watch tv and have dinner with Michelle.

Jason did not try or attempt to discourage her visit.

not the same thing, IMHO.

JY was leaving town. Besides, it kept his wife busy while he spent time talking on his cell with his mistress.

The other friend, he bedded.

Another friend he snuck to Florida to bed.

Course, these are just the one's we know about.

JMHO
fran

This isn't right, but since this trial began and the "State" obsession became evident, every time I see NCSU insignia (and it's EVERYWHERE around here) I think of this clique of brats. I know they're not representative, but I can't help it. I hope this passes.

As a State grad, I thought it was UNC that was like that!

Normally, I would expect a case with this many State people involved in it to have some testimony on crop science or the digestive tract of bovine mammals.

The therapist never met with Jason, though.

Meredith and others testified Michelle argued loudly and often with Jason. It wasn't just all Jason.

JMO

Ah, Thats probally why her life was taken from her! She was waking up and smelling the coffee like the first fiance. moo It seemed that jason wanted everyone to like him. Good time charlie he was. moo:seeya:

With all due respect, I don't think your statement is fair to the majority of 15 year olds in the world. ;)

Lmao!!! Too good not to quote!!! You know what? You are right! My most sincere apologies to the teen population. Being compared to this duo is one heck of an insult.

This is one of the things that gets me wondering:

If JY beat MY to death in their home, he planned. Obviously first degree. Obviously smart, cool, calculated with a hint of <mod snip> and a lot of evil.

Why would someone planning a murder or getting ready for murder keep talking to the girl they are <mod snip>?

Is the no contact with her after the murder evidence of guilt to y'all?

And I guess she doesn't read us, because she's STILL flirting with JY from the stand.

IMO, Jason's affairs and the mental anguish he put Michelle through were only part of his abusive nature.

He was both a mental and physical abuser, IMO.

Was she drunk? when he drew on her face?

I don't know, but I saw this on an episode of Friends.

Ross and Rachel were on an airplane, she fell asleep,and when she woke up Ross had painted her face with a magic marker
and Rachel didn't know it for awhile, and was walking around wondering why everyone was staring at her.

Immature? Yes.

wasn't she in his house as a houseguest when he drew on her face?

that is not even in the same zipcode as funny...

Remember when Shelly Schaad testified as to the first thing her husband said upon hearing of Michelle's murder? "god, I hope jason didn't do it'. Then he promptly called JLY and advised him to 'get a lawyer *before* he gets back to raleigh.'

Yes.

And we certainly don't see anyone standing by him now, besides his Mommy of course, which speaks volumes.

IMO

the therapist michelle went to testified that she was verbally abused just a few days ago

I think its unclear to some that abuse isn't always physical. Mental abuse can be just as bad, if not worse in some cases.

As a State grad, I thought it was UNC that was like that!

Normally, I would expect a case with this many State people involved in it to have some testimony on crop science or the digestive tract of bovine mammals.

One of our daughters went to State during this same time period, but she avoided the whole *sorority crowd*. Too busy with working & a double major in microbiology & genetics. I didn't know anybody in the 'agriculture' section of the Univ. My husband also took post grad courses in engineering at State, nights, for a period of time. I think, could be wrong, but I don't think the Ag. crowd was as big anymore, perhaps?

IMO, Jason's affairs and the mental anguish he put Michelle through were only part of his abusive nature.

He was both a mental and physical abuser, IMO.

Considering this former fiance's testimony, I'd bet anything JLY was physically abusive with Michelle too. Somebody like this doesn't *change*. Remember that other therapist mentioned 'anger issues'. How many women do we know who hide that from their family & friends for a long time?

I've been uber-busy in real life lately, but following the trial when I can. Thanks for keeping me up-to-date. I missed the first trial and appreciate all the peeps here who reference it. It really helps.

I just read the entire thread. Watching TTV's summary over lunch as well. MM sure is a strange sort of person. Does anybody else wonder what all those calls were about the day MY was found deceased? What DID she know?

Having done some studying about this topic, JY is definitely an abuser. He shows some classic signs. He also shows a pattern of behavior that cannot be denied (though some will try). These are only the incidents that have come to light; I suspect there is more than we know about.

Unfortunately the only way MY can testify about how far JY was willing to go with his violence and abuse is through the condition of her bloodied, beaten body and head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand