State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-6-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting to revisit what has been presented as evidence and try to understand why the first jury rejected it.

Oh I'm doing the same thing.....just not in this thread. I'm just more biased with this case. But keep up with your questioning of things. It's making the threads worthy of reading.

And if I'm reading things correctly, you feel he is most likely guilty, but have an issue with the evidence and the lack of evidence. Right?

Hi NCSU! Why do you 'hate that he's guilty'? I don't understand what you mean? :seeya:

I didn't say that I hate that he's guilty. I hope he is guilty. I just hate that I have that bias in this case because it is hard to look at the evidence objectively. I look at things and try to fit them into my biased view of guilt. Whereas with the Cooper trial, I honestly was not biased (at least in my opinion) and tried to look at the evidence at face value and how similar circumstances in my own life related to the evidence. I just can't do that here. does that make sense?

Certainly did not trade up when Saacks left.
BTW, though he shuffles like an older man, he is only 58

My whole websleuths got hung up about 90 minutes ago. I couldn't send anything and I couldn't shut it down.
Wanted to say good night to everybody, see you in the morning.

I didn't say that I hate that he's guilty. I hope he is guilty. I just hate that I have that bias in this case because it is hard to look at the evidence objectively. I look at things and try to fit them into my biased view of guilt. Whereas with the Cooper trial, I honestly was not biased (at least in my opinion) and tried to look at the evidence at face value and how similar circumstances in my own life related to the evidence. I just can't do that here. does that make sense?

It sounds like perhaps you, along with many younger people, think along the lines of a CSI or Law & Order type case. Years ago, before the emergence of DNA and video cameras all over the place, prosecutors were able to bring charges and win verdicts on circumstantial evidence, linking it together to form the plot or manner of the crime. I think both the Young case and the Cooper case had lots of circumstantial evidence pointing towards guilt beyond a *reasonable* doubt. I think that's partly what's wrong with juries today. One must consider all the evidence as a whole, fit it together, use some common sense, and come to a verdict. What did you think of the Casey Anthony verdict? The jury apparently decided since they didn't have a 'cause of death', they couldn't come to any sort of verdict. And a killer walks free. Sad.

I hear you refer to 'similar circumstances in your own life'. But I'm sure those circumstances didn't contain the entirerty of all involved in these. Yes, when evidence is taken piece by piece, we can all probably relate to one or two or three pieces of evidence. But when taken in it's whole, that's the key. Each & every little piece of these crimes have to be taken together to form the whole. JMO

Good to see you again. I wondered if you'd show up. :seeya:

CAS had to change her flight to wait on him to pass her rings.:puke:

I don't recall she had to wait and get another flight.
What a sicko this guy is.

Seriously, he couldn't BE more disgusting to me. I have never, ever in my life heard of anyone ever doing this. And i wasn't born yesterday. I'm from North Carolina. When I heard jy testify last go around that he met Michelle (if I'm remembering correctly) at the Porterhouse I was thanking the stars, moon and everything else that I didn't meet him! I lived there in the area and went to the Porterhouse frequently during this same time. He obviously can lay the charm on thick..in the beginning only of course. I'm just so, so sorry Michelle met him. She was a beautiful, GOOD hearted, funny, spunky, caring, person who wanted married life and a family. She deserved SO much more than what she got. Putting it into these words diminishes just how much I really mean that. I don't get why in this world jy got married in the first place?? ALL the awful things Michelle endured from him (the list of wrongdoings Jy actually admitted to) is lonnng and unbelievably sad. Regardless, if he's convicted or not one day his little girl will grow up and I wonder how she'll think of her father? That's not a real question, of course. My heart breaks for her. I've always heard "the best thing you can do for your children is to love and respect their mother/father." Too bad cy wasnt given this.

*if no link ~ it's just what I think. * moo moo moo

I thought the Prosecution's opening was better. I have never been unimpressed with BH or HC. She was the right choice for the opening. I am betting he does the CS.

I do wonder if we were treated to some stuff by both sides that won't make it in. (Counselor's records, etc)

I thought the Prosecution's opening was better. I have never been unimpressed with BH or HC. She was the right choice for the opening. I am betting he does the CS.

I do wonder if we were treated to some stuff by both sides that won't make it in. (Counselor's records, etc)

Good morning John Fear. Good to see you here this morning. Hope you get a chance to hang around with us a bit during this retrial!

This time Klink left out Kim Young finding the tooth and hiring "Dr" Godwin to find exculpatory evidence - a stray hair on a lamp shade and 2 cigarette butts in/near the garage area. Klink made a huge deal out of that in his first OS, but never called Godwin to the stand or offered a shred of evidence they even existed in the first place.

Betcha the judge told Klink to offer some foundation with this witness, or leave the 'story' out of his opening.
Well, it seems obvious why it was left out this time. No way can they have this guy testify

http://www.ncwanted.com/unsolved/audio/2191926/

Use internet Explorer to listen

==========================================
Dr. Maurice Godwin was a consultant for Jason's family from November 2006 until 2009. Dr. Godwin spent 3 weeks processing the Young crime scene and collected roughly 75 bags of evidence that was either missed or ignored by Wake County Sheriff's Detectives and City/County Bureau of Identification (CCBI).

http://www.investigativepsych.com/jasonyoungcase.html
=====================================
75 bags of evidence????
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics