State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed most of this afternoon...you have to be kidding. Did they really ask if they can work during the trial???

Not while they are in court..:)

Maybe they wanted to know in case they need to go online for something,
and/or are trying to keep up with their jobs.

I just heard how 5'11" is just a little bit taller than 5' ... okay, that sounds like "rehabilitation".

She is saying her son is 5'11........

I do feel bad for her, she has been through a lot..:(

But, her testimony is beyond confusing..

jmo

She is saying her son is 5'11........

I do feel bad for her, she has been through a lot..:(

But, her testimony is beyond confusing..

jmo

I think the jury will discard her testimony because of memory issues and changing testimony.

I understand this sounds weird but if it was myself and a crime scene which we know had not been fully processed as evidenced by the fact that LE requested additional SW's in order to complete I would not enter the residence either especially if I was the main suspect.

As well all know we shed skin cells, hair etc. By him entering that home there would of been an extremely great chance of him leaving DNA after the fact.

By following his lawyers advice and not entering the home only the DNA that was there previous/during the murder could be processed.

Hadn't even considered it that way, brilliant thought. I wouldn't enter either...and it sounds like his lawyers advised him against entering the home as well.

Jason knew he was suspect #1 in this case. Not Meredith, not Lynda, not anyone else...and really, unless one has been there, it's hard to say what any of us would do or to what level we would engage police as the prime suspect in a murder case. I would imagine that being suspect #1 puts a lot of stress on a person and maybe cause the person to do things differently than normal out of fear.

I have to rewatch the ME. What is going on with the fingernail stuff? Is he saying there might have been two people? Or there had to have been two people?

This has been my long-standing position, btw. The missing puzzle piece is a person. No idea who, but I keep getting shot down on the accomplice thing.

As much as I like Gracie and feel she did the best she could in testifying, I do think her memory issues and confusion will cause her testimony not to be considered useful in the jury's decision. I honestly did not recognize her at first since she had changed in looks.

This has been my long-standing position, btw. The missing puzzle piece is a person. No idea who, but I keep getting shot down on the accomplice thing.

I think there were two people or one person who decided to put on a different pair of shoes to make prints with - I think the latter is unlikely but nothing about this case makes sense to me anyway.

I also think the possible accomplice is the reason why so many jurors had reasonable doubt in the first trial. It seems like a huge, important piece of the puzzle is missing, which leads me to wonder if the missing piece would change the entire picture.

I have to rewatch the ME. What is going on with the fingernail stuff? Is he saying there might have been two people? Or there had to have been two people?

The fingernail scratches to her neck were from her (michelle) defending herself. IMO

There was no other unknown Dna under the nails that I heard. I lost audio often.

JY's dna in the house or on his wife would be normal? IYKWIM

Are you saying the killer needed an accomplice or saying the hubby had one?

I know LE officers are jaded - they have to be. They see 2 kinds of people, victims and perps. they also don't see middle America as much as the rest of us. I would expect them to go to the husband as a suspect initially even without stating it - it's just the law of averages - spouse, lover, family, etc - is much more likely to kill a woman than a total stranger.

HOWEVER - in this case - the husband was clearly not home when his wife was found and had "left" prior to her TOD. And while being out of town on business isn't an airtight alibi (obviously) it's something that might slow that natural leap that most LEOs have to start looking at the spouse for any signs of hinkiness.

If JY wasn't a suspect when they called him to tell him his wife was dead, he sure as heck was by the time he was home and refusing to even speak to ANYONE about what happened.

Granted - he had longer than most to process this information - and it's possible friends / family told him to get advice from an attorney (although really? who's friends / family wold do this unless they realy felt that you were gonna NEED the attorney?)

At the time of Jason being told - there was only one person who knew he was a suspect - that that is the killer. IMO - that one person did what suspects do - and lawyered up.

I doubt it, had she done that some of the blood would surely have soaked into the carpet. Those footprints all over the bathroom floor were *complete* footprints and bright red blood. Didn't look as if any of the blood from the bottoms of CY's little feet had been absorbed into a carpet prior to stepping on that bathroom floor IMO.

I doubt it too, the step stool in her bathroom had blood that had pooled in the bottom of it. No way she walked on that carpet to the bathroom, her feet had to have been dripping with blood, for all that blood to be on bathroom wall, floor and step stool. In the photo, the prints at bathroom doorway look like Jason carried her that far, and then set her down in the doorway.

She was wearing a hoodie, so there's no real way to conclude that she was asleep. It seems more likely that she was awake if she was wearing a hoodie.

Because???

There have been times our power was out, or the heat didn't work, when I've slept in whatever I had that was *warm*. Her friend just testified that she kept her coat on the whole time she was there that evening. If Michelle had been in bed with her coat on would you think she was going out?

"Michelle talked about Jason going to Charlotte, and she wasn't happy because of some girl there.
She either didn't trust Jason or the girl"

"Michelle called her Mom every day when she left work"
On, Nov 2nd, she says Michelle was at her desk talking about a TV show that was on the previous nite."
On Nov. 3rd, she learned of Michelle's death.

At the wake, she saw Jason in the hallway, Fishers and the Youngs were standing seperately, witness breaks down crying.

Tells Jason she is sorry.

Says " Jason said CY is being a real trooper"

Now that sounds just like a heartbroken husband feeling compassion for his daughte, whose mother has just been viciously murdered. He certainly sounds like he was in the depths of grief. Just like the nite of the murder when he told Linda Fisher, "I'm gonna take a big hit on the house", as he walked into Merediths' house. That's what you say to the mother and sister of a murdered, pregnant 29 yr. old with everything to live for who just happens to be your wife ???

As much as I like Gracie and feel she did the best she could in testifying, I do think her memory issues and confusion will cause her testimony not to be considered useful in the jury's decision. I honestly did not recognize her at first since she had changed in looks.

I liked her too.

BBM

I believe her----- but, the part I bolded from your post says it all to me.

I am still sitting up here on the :fence:

It is hard though because I read all the posts pro and con. :)

TGIF :D

Here's something else I don't get. JY had an important meeting the next morning in VA, the day after a day he wasn't working. What would most of us do? Leave at 5 in the afternoon and drive all the way there, find the place so we don't get lost in the morning.

Oh, wait, you must eat at Cracker Barrel? There's one by the airport here. Oh, wait, no. It must be a Cracker Barrel halfway to Galax you say? A whole business trip arranged around a Cracker Barrel. Really? Like they're such a rarified eating establishment that you can't hit one (or 141) on the way back? So you're guaranteed to get to your meeting on time?

So Meredith and Linda were in constant contact with LE and Jason never would speak?

Well silence is golden, but not when your wife and unborn son are murdered. IMO JMO MOO.

Most people hire a lawyer, and then always have them present when speaking to law enforcement, that's the whole idea of retaining counsel. Your lawyer advises on what to answer and what not to. I wonder if Klinko really told JY not to speak to anyone, not cops, family, friends, the wall. How can you not talk to anyone at all about your murdered, pregnant wife for 5+ years ? Personally, I don't think that was the advice he was given, more like don't talk to LE about the case w/o lawyer present. It was much more convenient for him to avoid everyone, including his family and Michelle's family by saying that line he has now worn to a frazzle. :maddening:

Or the child had climbed on the rocker at some point in time and left it in a different position than it was in the last time that Meredith was in the home.

It sounds like the theory about the child being drugged and so on was somewhat inspired by Meredith's statements.

I doubt that CY, at 2 yrs of age could put that chair in the reclining position.
Jason probably rocked her in it after he drugged her. It probably didn't take long for her to fall asleep. He's a real gem.

Gracie's mental capacity is certainly an issue. The doctor's said she be stuck at - what, a child's mentality? they gave an age and it eludes me now - her whole life, through no fault of her own. If you ask a child how tall another child is, are they going to say 4'3"? Probably not. They might say taller than me, or as tall as so and so. If the child can't pinpoint a height, or a child gives a relative answer that doesn't help much, it doesn't mean they didn't see the other child. It means they don't have the verbal capacity to answer with the precise specifics being requested. It means they don't have enough of a grasp of spaciality in the context of a yardstick to answer in feet and inches.

Granted - he had longer than most to process this information - and it's possible friends / family told him to get advice from an attorney (although really? who's friends / family wold do this unless they realy felt that you were gonna NEED the attorney?)

You should watch the video posted about why people should "never talk to police" - even the police detective agrees that people should not talk to the police.

If your spouse is murdered, it's time to lawyer up.

Shouldn't one follow the advice of the attorney and not talk at all if that is what the attorney advises? There is nothing hinky about following legal counsel's advice.

JMO

Never heard an attorney say don't talk to anyone, not your mom, friends, in laws, not even the tree. What I HAVE heard is don't talk to anyone w/o an attorney present. Jason milked that lie for over five years, why ? Because that's what kept everyone at bay, and him still looking semi-innocent and he would have plenty of time to get a story together over time. Pretty smart, actually. That way as the five years went by, he was privy to whatever was in the search warrants they released, and whatever else came to light, and he could match up excuse after excuse to the evidence. And when the trial finally started not one witness could testify to what he had told them, and his story would be told by him for the first time ever, in whatever way he felt like telling it. WOW, if I didn't think he was such a , I could almost call him intelligent. But alas, NO WAY, he's a in the worst way

Here's something else I don't get. JY had an important meeting the next morning in VA, the day after a day he wasn't working. What would most of us do? Leave at 5 in the afternoon and drive all the way there, find the place so we don't get lost in the morning.

Oh, wait, you must eat at Cracker Barrel? There's one by the airport here. Oh, wait, no. It must be a Cracker Barrel halfway to Galax you say? A whole business trip arranged around a Cracker Barrel. Really? Like they're such a rarified eating establishment that you can't hit one (or 141) on the way back? So you're guaranteed to get to your meeting on time?

I have always felt this is a revealing piece of CE for me. Supposedly he really wanted to get this business deal. He had off all day Thursday. So, he cut the lawn but he could easily have left in the afternoon and driven to a hotel right near where the meeting was in Clintwood. Of course than he really couldn't go back to Raleigh in time to kill his wife. That to me also shows premeditation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics